Thread: Next Patch

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Next Patch

I'm starting to really think next patch is going to make instances quite trivial. I usually pull around 10k dps on training dummy in my current gear, and after copying my character to the ptr(I'm also on the beta, but who cares) i now do 15k dps to training dummies. Here is my gear setup. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ne&cn=Chaoslol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TbsHoly View Post
    I'm starting to really think next patch is going to make instances quite trivial. I usually pull around 10k dps on training dummy in my current gear, and after copying my character to the ptr(I'm also on the beta, but who cares) i now do 15k dps to training dummies. Here is my gear setup. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ne&cn=Chaoslol
    And this is an issue why? Cata will be like a month after 4.0.1 goes live so no one cares... besides they are already trivial anyway...

Numbers are yet to be balanced.
    The current testing is regarding the mechanisms, more than how hard you hit, or not.
    When things work as intended, then numbers will be given more attention.

Not sure if you were aware but numbers in Icecrown are increased by 30%. There are several other instances out there. Because of that I find it rather hard to believe you are pulling 15k dps on the PTR.

except most of lock dmg is totally unbalanced right now. Affliction Drain Life tick critting 100k? QQ'ing about PTR numbers is straight up silly. Just discuss how you feel about the playstyle more so than the #'s. Look at how it flows using your INTENDED rotation. Not some cheap imitation to get the biggest PTR #'s. For example when testing survival as Hunter even though arcane shot hits about 100x harder than explosive shot i still use explosive shot because they will FIX that. Use what the PTR was intended for not for some stupid # test.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Not sure if you were aware but numbers in Icecrown are increased by 30%. There are several other instances out there. Because of that I find it rather hard to believe you are pulling 15k dps on the PTR.
    Did you really read the 2 lines he posted or were they too long for you ? He mentioned the word Dummy not once, but two times. And judging by the armory (might be wrong) he's probably doing 15k as Demonology which got a huge buff while Destruction has not changed much as much as i know. From the videos i saw, Demonology is doing quite a damn lot of damage at level 85 too... most likely needs to be tweeked

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, I remember during the last days of BC prior to the launch of Wrath that on the PTRs Ret Pallys were extremly OP. Now this is not a QQ post, just making a comparison. I did a ZA run with a pug group on the PTR and a Ret in the group topped both the damage AND healing meters. I think it was something like 1.5k dps and 2k hps. Needless to say, those numbers didn't translate to what went live.

What I do remember though, is just with the live patch, the guild I was in went from barely downing Rage in Hyjal to one-shotting everything up to Archimonde. And then we went into BT and face-rolled 4/9 before bosses got tough for us. We were able to finish ZA with all 4-chests easily after they took the bears out, yet prior to the patch went live we could hardly do 2-chests. My point, yea, level 80 content might get trivial to a point, but the balance shifts to level 85 as soon as that patch goes live in my opinion. This is regardless if 85 is available or not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ovideozn View Post
    Did you really read the 2 lines he posted or were they too long for you ? He mentioned the word Dummy not once, but two times. And judging by the armory (might be wrong) he's probably doing 15k as Demonology which got a huge buff while Destruction has not changed much as much as i know. From the videos i saw, Demonology is doing quite a damn lot of damage at level 85 too... most likely needs to be tweeked
    No I read it, and I highly doubt he's pulling 10k on a training dummy for any duration close to resembling a boss fight. If you can just barely pull 10k in ICC with a 30% buff and raid buffed how can you expect to pull 10k on a training dummy?

10+ Year Old Account
    AoE is getting a huge nerfslap for many classes, so in the end it might take longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    No I read it, and I highly doubt he's pulling 10k on a training dummy for any duration close to resembling a boss fight. If you can just barely pull 10k in ICC with a 30% buff and raid buffed how can you expect to pull 10k on a training dummy?
    This.

Also. Beta is Beta, PTR is PTR. Numbers aren't final.

DPS damage is high but so is the threat compared to tanks.
    Your dps will be more like 600 because you overagro'd the tank and got 1 shot by the boss.

I pull 15k in icc
    where did i say i only pull 10k in icc?

10+ Year Old Account
    I pull 15k in icc
    15k with a 30% buff is really only 10k. Fully raid buffed. You don't do 10k on a dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    15k with a 30% buff is really only 10k. Fully raid buffed. You don't do 10k on a dummy.
    would you like me to do it right now, fraps it, and send it to you?

---------- Post added 2010-09-22 at 02:39 PM ----------

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-jr...=11278&e=11530
    one of my average fights
    not one of my best

---------- Post added 2010-09-22 at 02:39 PM ----------

and you forgot that training dummies dont require movement and have no fight mechanics.

I pull 15k in icc
    You didn't you were just kind enough to link your armory and then a simple trip to WoL gave me the most report for ya.

You didn't you were just kind enough to link your armory and then a simple trip to WoL gave me the most report for ya.
    I almost never pull 10k in icc.

It's the end of the expansion. Level 80 is no longer going to be the fine tuned balanced level it once was, everything is going to be balanced for 85. So sit back enjoy the ride and watch the game go crazy for a month until Cata is launched.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    It's the end of the expansion. Level 80 is no longer going to be the fine tuned balanced level it once was, everything is going to be balanced for 85. So sit back enjoy the ride and watch the game go crazy for a month until Cata is launched.
    this

10+ Year Old Account
    There's really no need to fraps it. The link you gave is healing.

Anyhow, that doesn't change the fact that 15k DPS with a 30% buff is a shade over 10k without. A full complement of raid buffs for some classes can effectively double their output compared to a dummy, that's pretty much accepted. At the end of the day, you can't sustain 10k DPS on a heroic training dummy for 5 minutes, and no one is going to believe you can, not without including cleaves from consecrate, divine storm etc on adjacent dummies anyway.

Back on topic. It's a Public TEST Realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    There's really no need to fraps it. The link you gave is healing.

Anyhow, that doesn't change the fact that 15k DPS with a 30% buff is a shade over 10k without. A full complement of raid buffs for some classes can effectively double their output compared to a dummy, that's pretty much accepted. At the end of the day, you can't sustain 10k DPS on a heroic training dummy for 5 minutes, and no one is going to believe you can, not without including cleaves from consecrate, divine storm etc on adjacent dummies anyway.
    You clearly have downs sir.
    The link clearly states damage done