Thread: Next Patch

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    ...and no one is going to believe you can, not without including cleaves from consecrate, divine storm etc on adjacent dummies anyway...
    His toon is a warlock. Did you even check his armory?

Quote Originally Posted by TbsHoly View Post
    You clearly have downs sir.
    The link clearly states damage done
    Woah she clearly made a mistake still no reason to assume she has downs. Attack the numbers not the person.

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel like half the people in this thread haven't even been to the PTR. 13-15k is easy to pull on dummies with the new lock specs, maybe bar affliction. Destruction and Demonology have gained 3-5k DPS depending on your gear, easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, I'm looking at Tbs, the Holy Paladin from your signiture and poster name. But still, 14.8*0.7 = 10.36.

Take off 13% from magic debuff, 8% from haste buffs, 4% from hit buffs/debuffs... you see where I'm going with this? You don't do 10k on a dummy on live. Stop insisting you do.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2010-09-22 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dcemuser View Post
    I feel like half the people in this thread haven't even been to the PTR. 13-15k is easy to pull on dummies with the new lock specs, maybe bar affliction. Destruction and Demonology have gained 3-5k DPS depending on your gear, easily.
    These people are just jealous that my alt has better gear and dps than their main

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Sorry, I'm looking at Tbs, the Holy Paladin from your signiture and poster name. But still, 14.8*0.7 = 10.36.
    Holy crap, please don't say you actually believe that's how math works.

It would be 10k * 1.3 = 13k. True that full raid buffs would add 2k+ but raid fight mechanics will make you lose a lot of dps too.

Just to reiterate: X * 1.3 =/= Y * .7

i'd fire your boomkin btw, 6-7-8k dps? wtf is he/she doing?

Quote Originally Posted by dalik View Post
    i'd fire your boomkin btw, 6-7-8k dps? wtf is he/she doing?
    armory him. hes terrible
    he gems mp5 in his fucking ring, and i had to tell him that going 71/0/0 was bad

#1 Numbers aren't balanced on beta or the PTR
    #2 Glad the people testing can't seem to understand #1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    #1 this isnt the beta
    #2 glad to see the people who browse these forums cant read #1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by link064 View Post
    Holy crap, please don't say you actually believe that's how math works.

It would be 10k * 1.3 = 13k. True that full raid buffs would add 2k+ but raid fight mechanics will make you lose a lot of dps too.

Just to reiterate: X * 1.3 =/= Y * .7
    No, it's around about 11.3k, but for a quick piece of in the head maths it's a quick close approximation.

10+ Year Old Account
    #1 this isnt the beta
    Neither can you it seems.
    Chow is my love monkey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    No, it's around about 11.3k, but for a quick piece of in the head maths it's a quick close approximation.
    You can't honestly believe that 10 times 1.3 equals 11.3, can you? You couldn't even be bothered to open Calculator and check before you posted back? It's not a close approximation. It's flat out wrong.

You must seriously be trolling. I haven't seen one constructive post from you in this entire thread.

---------------------------------

#1 this isnt the beta
    To be fair, you are playing on the PTR which is roughly equivalent to the beta. Almost all of the spells and abilities are the same. And he was correct to say that numbers aren't balanced yet on the PTR or the beta. They're working on it, but numbers just aren't there yet.

You can't honestly believe that 10 times 1.3 equals 11.3, can you? You couldn't even be bothered to open Calculator and check before you posted back? It's not a close approximation. It's flat out wrong.

You must seriously be trolling. I haven't seen one constructive post from you in this entire thread.

---------------------------------

To be fair, you are playing on the PTR which is roughly equivalent to the beta. Almost all of the spells and abilities are the same. And he was correct to say that numbers aren't balanced yet on the PTR or the beta. They're working on it, but numbers just aren't there yet.
    roughly equivalent is an overstatement
    the only thing the ptr and beta have in common is talents and a few spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    roughly equivalent is an overstatement
    the only thing the ptr and beta have in common is talents and a few spells.
    ...which is what I said and what you're comparing. Unless I missed something, you're still comparing PTR spell and ability damage over time to LIVE spell and ability damage over time.

And "a few spells"? Seriously? Its every spell except for the 81-85 spells. There are no differences (barring any grievous bugs, like un-trainable insect swarm).

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    #1 this isnt the beta
    OH god, the irony...

Now, on topic, I suppose...

Numbers aren't tuned yet. I expect we'll see an increase in DPS, but not quite as vast as most people are quoting from the PTR's.
    Take my Warrior for example... 10k DPS in live, 3k DPS on PTR. The numbers clearly aren't finished yet, and I wish people would stop acting like they are. It's getting old, dammit.

...which is what I said and what you're comparing. Unless I missed something, you're still comparing PTR spell and ability damage over time to LIVE spell and ability damage over time.

And "a few spells"? Seriously? Its every spell except for the 81-85 spells. There are no differences (barring any grievous bugs, like un-trainable insect swarm).
    Yes, a few spells.
    There aren't many new spells that are allowed at 80

10+ Year Old Account
    omgz 1 month of running instances for gear that will be replaced in a month...oww the horror....

10+ Year Old Account
    What? 11.3 * 1.3 = 14.69, which is just shy of his linked dps from WoL. All I'm saying is that from that, it's pretty clear he's not doing 10k on a training dummy.

It's a troll thread anyway, because he's comparing a realm that tests mechanics with live servers which have completely different talent set ups and some kind of semblance of balance with class damage output. I don't even get his point, is he saying Destruction is OP and needs nerfing, or just what? We've already had 10s of threads saying much the same thing already, do we need another?

i assure you, as a ret you will see a dps DECREASE in icc. we are balanced around IQ, which we dont get till 81.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin