Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Elemental Boss Item

Hey guys
    While I was checking todays latest info at the homepage, about the new Elemental Bosses, I looked through the new items that they dropped.

I noticed the Item http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/53509/a...of-evil-winds/ specially, it says that its a Spell DPS Neck but it doesnt have any Equip: Spell Power on it

How come?
    and who the hell wants this?

-.- Someone hasn't read patchnotes

It has the Cataclysm edited stats.

No Spell Power, more Intellect.

Intellect IS spellpower in cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow... this was covered at blizzcon over a year ago...

All I can do is refer you to my avatar...

Well My thoughts were that this event will happen before all cata changes

EDIT: Really made a fool out of myself on that new change in Orgrimmar, taken it back
    Last edited by Spoonman; 2010-09-23 at 05:40 PM.

What I want to know is, who the hell wants 251 when you'll be at 320 a week later.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Well My thoughts were that this event will happen before all cata changes, but it does kinda explain why orgrimmar looks like it does at the screenshots
    Just ignore all the face palming morons. You are right that it is strange at first glance. Basically the items are designed with the new itemization system, but they will be in game before the transition actually takes place more than likely. That is current SW and Org in those screenshots btw. Pretty much the items are designed as leveling gear for characters at the beginning of the expansion rather than for use right now.

---------- Post added 2010-09-23 at 01:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    What I want to know is, who the hell wants 251 when you'll be at 320 a week later.
    Probably the same people who continue to buy ICC Boes, Primordial Saronites, etc.

Deleted
    Bow before the wisdom of the Super Moderator! /Bow

OT: As said above, Intellect now gives you spellpower.
    Though I do wonder if this is a troll... a good one if it is.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Just ignore all the face palming morons. You are right that it is strange at first glance. Basically the items are designed with the new itemization system, but they will be in game before the transition actually takes place more than likely. That is current SW and Org in those screenshots btw. Pretty much the items are designed as leveling gear for characters at the beginning of the expansion rather than for use right now.

---------- Post added 2010-09-23 at 01:33 PM ----------

Probably the same people who continue to buy ICC Boes, Primordial Saronites, etc.
    Stopped reading at this post, just to make the point that the shield has defense on it.

Just ignore all the face palming morons. You are right that it is strange at first glance. Basically the items are designed with the new itemization system, but they will be in game before the transition actually takes place more than likely. That is current SW and Org in those screenshots btw.
    The 4.0 patch that includes all the play changes (new talent trees, stat changes, reitemization, etc) will be out before the release of Cataclysm and the actual "breaking of the world". Most likely (though of course I can't be sure) these items will be live either after or concurrent with the play changes.
    Probably more than a week, but a month or so at most, yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Stopped reading at this post, just to make the point that the shield has defense on it.
    But the tank chest does not. http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/53505/salamander-skin/

People wearing ilvl 245?
    80s max gear is 298. 81-316.

The rest of the progression is level 82-325. 83-333, 85-359.

10+ Year Old Account
    people that recently dinged and just want a nice epic item to help em lvling in cata?

Quote Originally Posted by AverageJoe42 View Post
    I made the n00b mistake of having the i264 boots crafted and after getting 2pc t10 and the rest t9 and yadda yadda to "start" my tank set, I was like... I'm under cap? WHAT THE DEUCE!! And then I oh shit and noticed. That was my thought when I saw this chest piece, why not damn defense!! I can't budget that! But then I noticed no SP on the caster things and assumed for cata. But the shield.... the sssshhhhhiellldddd

lets see how many is gonna go WTF? When patch 4.0 hits.. I cant wait to tell the noobs from my realm to go read patch notes..

10+ Year Old Account
    This confused me as well, I find the item's lack of consistency disturbing. And confusing.
    "The truth, my goal."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrgnDancer View Post
    The 4.0 patch that includes all the play changes (new talent trees, stat changes, reitemization, etc) will be out before the release of Cataclysm and the actual "breaking of the world". Most likely (though of course I can't be sure) these items will be live either after or concurrent with the play changes.

Probably more than a week, but a month or so at most, yeah.
    These items and the associated events will be live prior to the 4.0.1 patch and the Cataclysm event that changes the stat systems and then the world therefore every other item in game will still be using the old system. At least I assume it will be like that since these events are being tested in the old environment and everyone is still like "wtf is going on" rather than "Shit Deathwing is back that why the world is breaking."

I made the n00b mistake of having the i264 boots crafted and after getting 2pc t10 and the rest t9 and yadda yadda to "start" my tank set, I was like... I'm under cap? WHAT THE DEUCE!! And then I oh shit and noticed. That was my thought when I saw this chest piece, why not damn defense!! I can't budget that! But then I noticed no SP on the caster things and assumed for cata. But the shield.... the sssshhhhhiellldddd
    I'm thinking mistake on the shield. I could be wrong of course. They might have this go live before the play changes, then have those go live a week later and reitemize it... but that doesn't make a lot of sense.
    These items and the associated events will be live prior to the 4.0.1 patch and the Cataclysm event that changes the world therefore every other item in game will still be using the old system. At least I assume it will be like that since these events are being tested in the old environment and everyone is still like "wtf is going on" rather than "Shit Deathwing is back that why the world is breaking."
    PTR (where these items currently are) is running with play changes in place, but the world still in pre-Cataclysm.
    Last edited by DrgnDancer; 2010-09-23 at 06:01 PM.