Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Thinking about going Horde.

So me and my buddy from school are thinking about transferring Horde. I've been on the Alliance since I started and when he started he wanted to go horde but went Alliance cause of me. I've been playing for almost 4 years on and off and right now i'm fed up with the Alliance on my server, so I want to faction transfer. As soon as I said that he was happy about it. I'm asking the Horde who play, how is Horde better, than Alliance?

Sidenote:

Horde always have WG.

10+ Year Old Account
    So many people play both factions that it doesn't really matter. If you're sick of people Alliance-side and any applicable level of suck, you'll soon tire of Horde-side as well. But at least you'll get to play with your friend.

Good luck!

/thumbsup
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

All else being equal, play with your buds.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't bother. Despite the protests of many people on both sides, players of both factions are both equally awful. Maybe in different ways, but still. On my server, watching Alliance Trade chat is like listening in on a bunch of 6th-graders fascinated with the concept of genitalia, and talking with any of the Horde players is like trying to have a conversation with a whiny Narcissus. Honestly, wherever you are, just stay with your friends, you'll always be fed up with the majority of players in your faction, no matter what server or faction you are. After all, they're people, and as such, none of us can stand each other.
    85 paladin Prot/Holy, 85 warlock Destro/Affliction, 85 priest Holy/Disc, 85 druid Feral/Resto, 85 shaman Resto/Enhancement, 85 rogue Combat/Combat, 85 mage Fire/Arcane, 85 death knight Blood/Frost, 85 warrior Prot/Arms, 85 hunter Surv/BM.

My name is Citaxis, and I'm an altoholic. My first step is admitting I have a problem. I even have the addon.

I play Horde because I love their lore, I've played Orc since I started playing the Warcraft franchise, and it evolved from there. I also love the races, and to be honest; All of them look better than the Alliance ones especially Draenei, but Blood Elves are retarded in all ways known possible. The racials are awesome and I just love the symbol we have; simple but effective. Also my first class was a Shaman, also because of the lore.

In all honesty it depends on the realm... Sometimes horde is more mature, sometimes they outnumber the alliance 1000:1. All in all it's just a matter of preference, you get used to the trolls and the baddies over time and learn to just /ignore them and avoid groups that they're in. Lower pop realms it's harder to do this though... In all honesty if you and your friend want to play alliance there's no real need in faction changing you can server transfer. But seeing as how your friend favors the horde it never hurts to give it a shot right?

On that note, these forums are probably not the best place to ask advice about faction changing... MOST of the people I've seen are into their faction a great deal. I for one will never play alliance in any way shape or form because it's a matter of preference. Just come to an agreement with your friend and run with it... That's about the best advice I think you can be given.

It is the same thing with different sprites. One good thing for you going Horde is in BGs. Most PvP servers, from what I see, have larger Horde population, and from my experience (which might just be my observation, do not take it as a fact), that makes Horde win more BGs. On the other hand, you will have much longer queues.

As for WG, it changes from server to server. I have been playing a new toon (Tauren Warrior) on Exodar-US. Alliance dominates WG there.

Be happy to play with your friend and enjoy it. That is what matters.

You'll definitely find people who fiercely defend their particular faction choice, and they all have their reasons, be they lore, race/class combo, aesthetic, what have you. All of the reasons to pick a faction are valid, it just depends on what you like.

As far as PVP goes, like everyone has said, it varies from server to server. I play Horde on Ravencrest and we almost never have WG. But that's not really a problem for me because I don't really PVP. At least once a week I get a chance to go to VoA and get my badges and that's all I really need.

Really, where you want to play is the place that will make you happy. Play with your friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Citaxis View Post
    I wouldn't bother. Despite the protests of many people on both sides, players of both factions are both equally awful. Maybe in different ways, but still. On my server, watching Alliance Trade chat is like listening in on a bunch of 6th-graders fascinated with the concept of genitalia, and talking with any of the Horde players is like trying to have a conversation with a whiny Narcissus. Honestly, wherever you are, just stay with your friends, you'll always be fed up with the majority of players in your faction, no matter what server or faction you are. After all, they're people, and as such, none of us can stand each other.
    Well, in order to have a trade chat that is completely free of trolls, you'd have to go to a dead realm or a realm with a dead faction, (And by dead I mean Cho'gall-US Alliance side dead.) which in turn makes everything else (Pugging, finding a guild, WG, etc.) many times more painful than what supposed trade chat on your realm is like.

But yeah, realm and faction choice isn't a clear choice for what is "best", only your personal experience can determine those.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2010-09-24 at 03:06 AM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Well I play Lightning's Blade Alliance. Most of trade chat is trolls, pugs are baddies and argue. I mean i'm 5.8k GS, and my buddy's 5.5k. He's had a hard time getting gear cause of shitty Guilds/Pugs. Basically, I got gear by getting a good guild. But now i'm even fed up with the people there.

Quote Originally Posted by photocopy View Post
    You'll definitely find people who fiercely defend their particular faction choice, and they all have their reasons, be they lore, race/class combo, aesthetic, what have you. All of the reasons to pick a faction are valid, it just depends on what you like.
    My reasoning dates back to Vanilla; Hillsbrad Foothills and STV on an alliance dominated server... I STILL have nightmares about trying to level there...

Quote Originally Posted by xXRygarXx View Post
    Well I play Lightning's Blade Alliance. Most of trade chat is trolls, pugs are baddies and argue. I mean i'm 5.8k GS, and my buddy's 5.5k. He's had a hard time getting gear cause of shitty Guilds/Pugs. Basically, I got gear by getting a good guild. But now i'm even fed up with the people there.
    This is going to be the same almost every server now Horde and Alliance... We're in the age of 4chan, everyone is a troll in their own way. PuGs are bad because the good players are in guilds (Generally speaking, but now-a-days on higher pop realms you can get into a GDKP/PuG that goes 11/12 or even 12/12). Though I need to warn you if you go to a high pop realm like say Illidan or Mal'Ganis, download an addon called Spamthrottle before you ever log in. Basically it's exactly like I was saying earlier it's purely about preference... If you don't like the idiots you play with find new idiots to play with . If you think going horde will fix that then test it out. A friend of mine just recently told me, "It's not like it'd have to be permanent!"
    Last edited by Thmsbkr3; 2010-09-24 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Citaxis View Post
    On my server, watching Alliance Trade chat is like listening in on a bunch of 6th-graders fascinated with the concept of genitalia, and talking with any of the Horde players is like trying to have a conversation with a whiny Narcissus.
    Have my babies

the horde on my battlegroup are a much more competitive group. it's not overwhelming crushing victory 90% of the time or anything, but (again, on my bg) horde play to win, alliance just seems to win if it fits in with their HK farming, or if they have a good partial or full premade going. (i have multiple chars on both sides that I pvp with regularly on, so it's not a "grass is greener" thing either)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Thmsbkr3 View Post
    This is going to be the same almost every server now Horde and Alliance... We're in the age of 4chan, everyone is a troll in their own way. PuGs are bad because the good players are in guilds (Generally speaking, but now-a-days on higher pop realms you can get into a GDKP/PuG that goes 11/12 or even 12/12). Though I need to warn you if you go to a high pop realm like say Illidan or Mal'Ganis, download an addon called Spamthrottle before you ever log in. Basically it's exactly like I was saying earlier it's purely about preference... If you don't like the idiots you play with find new idiots to play with . If you think going horde will fix that then test it out. A friend of mine just recently told me, "It's not like it'd have to be permanent!"
    Well LB is medium to high population and there are GDKP groups on what i've seen Alliance and Horde. But from what i've seen in the past couple days as simply observing trade and comparing. Horde have less trolls and is more mature and helpful, while Alliance are trolls while yes they do have GDKP groups, some just spam and fuck around.

both factions are full of idiots. your always going to be fed up with your faction at one point or another

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde for lyfe.

Quote Originally Posted by tilatequila View Post
    both factions are full of idiots. your always going to be fed up with your faction at one point or another
    yep, the only difference between horde alliance is scenery and races.

Quote Originally Posted by xXRygarXx View Post
    So me and my buddy from school are thinking about transferring Horde. I've been on the Alliance since I started and when he started he wanted to go horde but went Alliance cause of me. I've been playing for almost 4 years on and off and right now i'm fed up with the Alliance on my server, so I want to faction transfer. As soon as I said that he was happy about it. I'm asking the Horde who play, how is Horde better, than Alliance?

Sidenote:

Horde always have WG.
    This may have been said already, I don't know. If it hasn't... "Play both." You can apparently stand being Alliance, and right now you may find yourself annoyed by it, but at some point you may wish to go back... don't make it another (What is it 25?) bucks for Blizzard because you changed your mind. Just farm some heirlooms up and run an alt Horde side, hell maybe even RAF with your buddy and you can both sky rocket through 1-60, but then again with Cataclysm coming, it could be fun to level through that again. If you really like your class? Roll another, you'd be surprised how fun it is to go through leveling and actually know what you're doing the second time around.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    They're the same. Some realms have (a lot) more of one side. There's no difference in maturity level or age or skill. The people that think a certain side is more mature, are likely immature themselves. People will say dumb things in trade, no matter which faction you play. Play with your friends, that's all that matters (if they're doing/progressing how you want). I chose Alliance, because my g/f at the time played Alliance. The reason she picked alliance? Totally random, didn't care regardless since it has nothing to do with 99% of your gameplay. Nothing to do with wanting to play the good guys or cute character models.
    I'm so out of this world, I make telescopes squint.
    -=702 Gamer=-

Deleted

First time i do this kind of drawing so pleas don't flame it too hard