Thread: PTR vendors.

PTR vendors.

I've only messed around on the PTR realms a few times, mostly because it's so hard to get around to testing anything. You have to get glyphs crafted and gems cut that people may not have, and right now on the PTR's some professions are bugged and can't even be used. This leads me to this question.

Why can't the ptr realms have glyph/gems/and other items pertaining to equipment on vendors? I think they did this for glyphs once before but there just doesn't seem to be a reason why you can't just pick everything up and test it. I can't think of a reason why this would be bad considering it is a test realm.

Just copy a character from live. It's easier, generally faster, and you already should be enchanted and gemmed.
    There are so many frivolous things in this world.

That's the problem though I did copy my character, but the new glyphs are hard to find and may not be around at all, and in general it doesn't make sense for you to not be able to just buy them.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not o mention professions don't work as they are bugged.

Yeah i copied my live character too, and all my ArP gems are now crit. I want agi gems. I cant get ahold of any.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Professions work fine, you just need to type /cast profession.
    As for glyphs, use WoWhead to figure out what glyph on live shares the item ID with the new one and transfer a toon with all the glyphs you want on it.

I think the point is kinda being missed here. I'm asking IS THERE any reason why there can't be vendors on the PTR's? If blizzard wants things tested it would seem to make sense that such vendors would exist to easily allow for all kinds of gem changes, glyph changes, etc.. I feel like I'm missing some kind of downside that may or may not exist.

yeah it's kind of stupid, that there isn't a vendor for glyphs, enchantments and stuff
    I would like to make some glyphs for people in need, but no herbs in the ah and I will NEVER farm herbs / nodes on a PTR, because it's a waste of time.
    There is no real point of not having vendors, particularly for mats...