• UD Paladins

82 18.26%
  • Neither should ever happen

268 59.69%
  • Both

38 8.46%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    ok WHY IN THE FUCK BLOOD ELFS CAN'T BE WARROIRS!?

no one is giving a good excuse, and no being gay is not, you are a horrable humen being if you think that.

Quote Originally Posted by vissi the cruel View Post
    ok WHY IN THE FUCK BLOOD ELFS CAN'T BE WARROIRS!?

no one is giving a good excuse, and no being gay is not, you are a horrable humen being if you think that.
    Agreed, I'm still waiting on a decent response to it. "GAY" isn't a good reason and neither is "cuz there weak" because... lolgnomes.
    « DOr shar'adore da shando! » ♥

« Vladka | Ryska | Radka »

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxiah View Post
    No to Bloodelf druids, it's already rediculous they get to be warriors.
    i'm glad you find blood elf warriors "rediculous" without looking at your entire race.
    furthermore, the only atrocity here is gnome warriors at the moment, extended to goblins when cataclysm hits.

---------- Post added 2010-09-24 at 08:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vladilena View Post
    Agreed, I'm still waiting on a decent response to it. "GAY" isn't a good reason and neither is "cuz there weak" because... lolgnomes.
    this just in: fire still hot! wait..wrong quote.

children play wow. yea, that was the one. it's hard and ultimately futile to ask for reason from a 10 year old. and since only one poster has deemed belf warriors ridiculous, i'm guessing it's the case.
    You know you play too much when your girlfriend's pants have a low drop rate.

Undead Paladins make more sense than Blood Elf Druids for two reasons:

The first one being that Undead already use The Holy Light in one of their classes, Priest.

The second one being that Forsaken fit all of the aspects of the Paladin class, without even being a Paladin. Retribution, vengeance, and devotion.

Blood Elf Druids wouldn't really work because the race is far too devoted to twisting nature to its will, not protecting it and helping it.

Quote Originally Posted by LordRayken View Post

The first one being that Undead already use The Holy Light in one of their classes, Priest.

The second one being that Forsaken fit all of the aspects of the Paladin class, without even being a Paladin. Retribution, vengeance, and devotion.

Blood Elf Druids wouldn't really work because the race is far too devoted to twisting nature to its will, not protecting it and helping it.
    first. blizz has stated that by lore there are no undead holy priests rather they use the forgotten shadow to heal rather the holy light.
    secound. never mind self-sacrifice, mercy, caring, faith, love, and all the other virtues all of which a paladin MUST stay true to or they lose there powers.

As far as the blood elf druid goes, they got the botanist, wich then means it is possible for them to be druids.
    And most of us have seen Zelik, so it would seem that the undead can be strong in their faith to the light enough to be paladins.
    But still I dont really feel the vibe for UD paladins, but I could somewhat understand BE druids.

Sigh... For those that say that its stupid for a race to become a warrior (mainly blood elves), I would pretty much like to give you a slap in the face.
    Do you even know what a warrior is? As soon as you pick up a weapon to use against your enemy without using any sort of holy or unholy magic you are a warrior, THE most standard class in every community, there is not an army without warriors.
    Sometimes, try to use logic guys.

Blood Elf Druids make more sense than some of the race/class combos they're adding so if Blizzard doesn't add them they don't know their own lore or don't care.

Forsaken can still use the Light. A blue post was made on this already, so technically there can be Forsaken Paladins. I would roll a Forsaken Paladin if I could, and it would become my main as soon as I get into the start area

---------- Post added 2010-09-24 at 03:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    first. blizz has stated that by lore there are no undead holy priests rather they use the forgotten shadow to heal rather the holy light.
    secound. never mind self-sacrifice, mercy, caring, faith, love, and all the other virtues all of which a paladin MUST stay true to or they lose there powers.
    No they use the Light. The post was made saying Forsaken use the Light and it causes great pain to them because of what they are

Quote Originally Posted by RunescapeLOL View Post
    Forsaken can still use the Light. A blue post was made on this already, so technically there can be Forsaken Paladins. I would roll a Forsaken Paladin if I could, and it would become my main as soon as I get into the start area

---------- Post added 2010-09-24 at 03:12 PM ----------

No they use the Light. The post was made saying Forsaken use the Light and it causes great pain to them because of what they are
    check it again they said that they use the forgotten shadow to make a void in a living person to pull the light in.
    also said my death knight suffered when i was healed by any light-user.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladilena View Post
    inb4 Blood Elves.
    And we saw what happened to them. They went from being selfish a-holes to "it was all in the plan" for them to become Good Guys again.

Quote Originally Posted by LordRayken View Post

There is a difference from priests and paladins though.

Priests channel the light outwardly to heal wounds. Which to an undead, feels like someone burns the wounds closed.

Paladins on the other hand, they channel the light inwardly to strengthen themselves. Which i can only assume, the undead would feel like they chugged some gasoline and swallowed a match. Their whole body (inside and out) would feel like it was on fire... constantly. No one would want to do a job where they are always in unimaginable pain.

Though, i guess some people just want to see the so so honorable Forsaken Paladins throwing around plague bombs where ever they go, and them killing innocent townsfolk.
    Last edited by Fourty-two; 2010-09-24 at 05:50 AM.
    Is the answer to the Question...

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    check it again they said that they use the forgotten shadow to make a void in a living person to pull the light in.
    also said my death knight suffered when i was healed by any light-user.
    No, you are wrong. Here is the DIRECT quote:

------------------------------------------------------

Q: Can you please explain how "light" works? The lore states that undead are physically incapable of using the light, much like the Broken, but then we have Forsaken players casting healing spells, and Sir Zeliek in Naxxramas using pseudo-paladin abilities.

A: Without spoiling too much, we can tell you that wielding the Light is a matter of having willpower or faith in one's own ability to do it. That's why there are evil paladins (for example, the Scarlet Crusade and Arthas before he took up Frostmourne). For the undead (and Forsaken), this requires such a great deal of willpower that it is exceedingly rare, especially since it is self-destructive. When undead channel the Light, it feels (to them) as if their entire bodies are being consumed in righteous fire. Forsaken healed by the Light (whether the healer is Forsaken or not) are effectively cauterized by the effect: sure, the wound is healed, but the healing effect is cripplingly painful. Thus, Forsaken priests are beings of unwavering willpower; Forsaken (and death knight) tanks suffer nobly when they have priest and paladin healers in the group; and Sir Zeliek REALLY hates himself.

--------------------------------------------------

You. are. wrong.

Ok, any new horde druid should be an undead, not a belf would look really epic and it would make sense too! (ress worgen as undead!)
    and we dont need more paladins, and if we do, orcs and gnomes have priority!

10+ Year Old Account
    ------------------------------------------------------

Q: Can you please explain how "light" works? The lore states that undead are physically incapable of using the light, much like the Broken, but then we have Forsaken players casting healing spells, and Sir Zeliek in Naxxramas using pseudo-paladin abilities.

A: Without spoiling too much, we can tell you that wielding the Light is a matter of having willpower or faith in one's own ability to do it. That's why there are evil paladins (for example, the Scarlet Crusade and Arthas before he took up Frostmourne). For the undead (and Forsaken), this requires such a great deal of willpower that it is exceedingly rare, especially since it is self-destructive. When undead channel the Light, it feels (to them) as if their entire bodies are being consumed in righteous fire. Forsaken healed by the Light (whether the healer is Forsaken or not) are effectively cauterized by the effect: sure, the wound is healed, but the healing effect is cripplingly painful. Thus, Forsaken priests are beings of unwavering willpower; Forsaken (and death knight) tanks suffer nobly when they have priest and paladin healers in the group; and Sir Zeliek REALLY hates himself.

--------------------------------------------------
    Imagine an undead paladin yelling "It burns!!!" every time he does something.

10+ Year Old Account
    so because one guy is it ingame, the entire race should get it?

ok then Druids to humans, cause of the druid guy that was born in the emerald dream
    Paladin to night elfs because of the chick in Felwood
    Shaman to humans because of the guys in the mine in STV
    drenai warlock because the cult of the damned in icecrown

actually just give every class to every race then

No, you are wrong. Here is the DIRECT quote:

You. are. wrong.
    hmm seems i've fallen behind a bit.
    oh well i concede the point, but that does distort the lore of them being priests of the forgotten shadow if they directly use the holy light.
    also i wonder where i got the notion of them manipulating the light via the shadow.

In the beta in EPL you do some quests to kick the Scarlet Crusade's asses out of Tyr's Hand. They're all undead now but still fight like paladins. They also use the Holy Light spell to heal themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbic
    Hello and also one greeting to each and all,I play Mage class. Whoa I am freaking wild man. My friend if a huntear when I watch it I alway think about this. What makes a hunter Great. How can he do it. And it will be hard. Ever one else is going to get new spells so wat about the hunter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Electromatt View Post
    ruh roh, sorry i just finished masturbating, cant use english correctly.

Tbh... every race should be able to play any class. If everyone can be a priest and use the light then they can certainly be paladins. Warlock is also equally true if you're a priest who can use shadow then you can be a lock. Druid is tricky gnomes and goblins have me there- but even so goblins can be shamans. Goblin shaman... goblins destroy nature equally as gnomes do yet they can call upon elemental spirits to aid them I don't see why not if you can be a druid you can be a shaman vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Thmsbkr3 View Post
    Also to note if you look at the aftermath of the wrathgate battle there are blood elves running from the alliance encampment with alliance tabards on. "lolThatdoesntmakesensebro" Tell that to the game designers... They can create and destroy any and everything within WoW with a little bit of coding and lore to calm the fan base.

On that topic, remember that High Elves share the same character models as Blood Elves, and there are Alliance High Elves. Just sayin'.

It was a Wikia troll who put the idea down that undead could not use the light. It has never been said or supported by Blizzard or their associates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood Elf druids would be the new Blood Elf paladin- popular as hell and extremely overrepresented.