Thread: Patch 13033

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    got a 89k kill command crit with my wolf with BW and killing streak up, self buffed with cotw.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    got a 89k kill command crit with my wolf with BW and killing streak up, self buffed with cotw.
    the AS coefficient nerf is still crap while exping (i run with a chimera and mob will die even before they realize who's hitting them :P)
    hope they'll fix it soon, with this build AS will do the same damage as half steady shot

Quote Originally Posted by Manas View Post
    Eh, its not? Mastery increases "Master of beasts" = pet damage.
    Animal handler = the bonus attackpower you get. Not the same thing at all.
    ok so animal handler is the %age of your mastery stat you start out with for free... then with more mastery stats it raises that SOOOO therefore it is basically your mastery since it lowers the stat you get from raising it by 10%. SO!! that said do you now understand how us losing 10% from animal handler means we lose 10% from our mastery?

Another way to look at it is that to make up for the loss we would have to get A LOT more mastery stat.

I'm just taking a shot in the dark here, but perhaps they over buffed KC this patch, only to reduce it to say, 50% RAP in the next patch, as a means to manipulate the minds of the QQ crowd so that our KC still hits like a truck. In the minds of the public, it will have been "Nerfed" and the masses will be happy... but we will know just how "nerfed'' we didn't get. I dunno, wishful thinking, lol.

I managed a 62K crit on the PTR earlier. Crit a shaman in WSG for 50K w/it. On the PTR atm, back up to 11k DPS sustained, but I'm only doing 30% of my dmg. My pet is accounting for 70%'ish. Kinda of making it very important to keep my pet alive and for other hunters to learn the fine art of Pet control to maximize DPS.

---------- Post added 2010-09-24 at 11:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by voodoou
    ok so animal handler is the %age of your mastery stat you start out with for free... then with more mastery stats it raises that SOOOO therefore it is basically your mastery since it lowers the stat you get from raising it by 10%. SO!! that said do you now understand how us losing 10% from animal handler means we lose 10% from our mastery?

Another way to look at it is that to make up for the loss we would have to get A LOT more mastery stat.
    I feel you truly misunderstand our tree bonuses. Below is the BM summery and description of each one. As you can see, Intimidation and Animal Handler are passive bonuses we obtain for just picking BM. The mastery skill does not affect either of these. Then you look at our 3rd bonus in the summery sheet for picking BM as the primary spec, you see "Master of Beasts". Now look at its description, and compare it to the other 2 bonuses we gain for picking BM. Notice how only 'Master of Beasts' is affected by mastery? Ok, so hopefully now you know how mastery works.

The reduction of 'Animal Handler' was just an easy adjustment to our RAP on our char sheet. Not a nerf to our mastery.

(The below image was taken, and edited by myself just 5mins ago to help demonstrate)

My bonus dmg on Master of Beasts is @ 53% because I've reforged all my gear for max mastery. JIC it was confusing anyone.
    Last edited by Ferledon; 2010-09-24 at 11:42 PM.

Post above mine has the way Mastery works for us.

Animal Handler is 15(formerly 25) percent. Ever. That's it. Foreverevereverever.

MASTER OF BEASTS is our Mastery. Every point of mastery is +2.5% damage for our pet.

I'd like to add, Animal handler is only a bonus to your RAP.
    Currently on the PTR, just for training Mastery from your trainer you are given an immediate 8points right off the bat. Aside from that initial bonus, the only thing that effects master in the mastery rating you get from gear, reforging, and/or Enchants/Gems come cataclysm. NOT ANIMAL HANDLER

I lost 3.5k dps as BM. didn't test Mark. Funny that my only hard hitting ability is kill command now ^^

oye sorry guys actually it was 3am reading comprehension and being stubborn >.< I know what it is but misread... Sorry I know what it is and all that =P I think most of you have seen my non retardation posts... and some like this nonsense =P

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    Screenshot or it didn't happen because this is the only place I've heard this.

EDIT: And the casters I know, in full ICC25 gear at level 80 on the PTR, are hitting 8k-9k, maybe 10k if they blow everything.

BM is hitting 11k-12k, sustained, with more possible if you burst.
    Well, I ran an OS 3D with a fire mage who pulled 20k dps two PTR builds ago. I don't remember what mage changes were made in the last patch, but in this one, fire mages just got buffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippedice View Post
    For BM, im happy with the KC buff and arcane nerf
    For MM, aimed was a stupid move to nerf and the arcane nerf was granted again
    For SV, hunting party is OK since ALL other classes that provide the buff are at 10% now. ES needs a buff to ALMOST match the damage that arcane was doing before arcanes nerf just to catch up with MM and BM in damage. Other than that meh. im still rolling BM unless they run it into the ground again. T6 raiding was my best wow experience
    Because you had a mouse wheel? T6 raiding as BM was incredibly boring, it was the right thing to change that (but wrong to cut BM to a point where it is now on live ^^) I was happy I could run as SV back in T6 content ... but back to topic.

KC Buff was needed after the nerf last week.
    AS nerf was kinda needed to, maybe that´s a bit too much though.
    AiS nerf is stupid in my eyes, only MM uses it in there "rota" and only .. I don´t know, maybe every 30sec ... so I don´t feel it was need. But I only know the PTR numbers, no idea how it hits on beta.
    Pet nerf is ok, they still rock! Get nurfed even more I guess, let´s hope not ^^

What I think is still needed is a Buff for Chim and Explo. If Chim woudn´t refresh Serpent Sting, I would use KC rather than Chim at the moment and that shoudn´t be the case.

Hunter Pets of all types are not refreshing debuffs on targets like they should, when they should.

I tested this on the following types of pets: Raptor, Hyena, Serpent, Wind Serpent, and Dragon Hawk.

All the following spells respective to the above pets: Tear Armor, Tendon Rip, Corrosive Spit, Lightning Breath, and Fire Breath all fall off the target before the pet will auto cast the debuff again despite nothing stopping them for keeping it going.

The Raptor and Serpent will both stack their debuffs to 5 (this is a bug too, it should only stack to 3) and then watch as it falls off the target for 30+ seconds and then re-stack it, every time.

Even single stack debuffs with 45 second duration and 30 second cooldowns like Lightning and Fire Breath fall off for 2-5 seconds before the AI will auto cast it again.

All of these skills have no pet focus cost, and the pets are not GCD locked. The pet AI needs to be able to keep auto casting these correctly or it will force hunters to macro the pet skills into their other hotkeys to maintain the skill's uptime.

(side note bug, the Hyena skill: Tendon Rip is listed as on "Next Attack" it should be instant)

forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=26850259738&sid=1

^ that is the PTR thread link, let me know if you guys are seeing the same thing I am. If you are support the thread as well as reporting it in game.

Way too many bugs, I can't believe they're actually bringing 4.0 within a week or two.

Resistance is Futile is still confusing and doesn't refund the focus it says it does.
    The talent that survival has to reflect spells back on their casters is also not working, the reflected spells do no damage upon hitting their original caster.
    Really, we still have a 10 second pet rez?

And the aimed shot nerf is just terrible. It barely does anything now, even on beta. 15k crit on beta was my highest, I think, though that is in standard character copied gear. the nerf is still unwarranted. The cast time in general is unwarranted.

I can't onto the Ptr but I was wondering if anyone knew the most recent change to Marked for Death stacks with the actual hunter's mark or not or if it's limited to the 1 mark per hunter per target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gildian View Post
    I can't onto the Ptr but I was wondering if anyone knew the most recent change to Marked for Death stacks with the actual hunter's mark or not or if it's limited to the 1 mark per hunter per target.
    I think this change is only available in the Beta, not PTR. As to you question, I don't know. But I can't image it'd stack.

I think this change is only available in the Beta, not PTR. As to you question, I don't know. But I can't image it'd stack.
    While I don't know how it works since I dont have access to beta, I don't know why it should NOT stack with Mark. This would essentialy increase your benefit from HM by 100% and also grant a "passive" buff on anything that is not marked. Buffing HM is what the current live version of Marked for Death does so the concept is already in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Awe View Post
    While I don't know how it works since I dont have access to beta, I don't know why it should NOT stack with Mark. This would essentialy increase your benefit from HM by 100% and also grant a "passive" buff on anything that is not marked. Buffing HM is what the current live version of Marked for Death does so the concept is already in.
    I think this is rather a change for pvp and stealth detection. So you'll still have to aply the mark manually to see vanished rogues and not just have it applied by a shot.

Vanish has removed Hunter's Mark outright for years, since at least 2.0 if not before. So I don't think the Marked for Death change is to prevent us from auto marking rogues out of vanish =).

I do hope that Marked for Death stacks with normal Mark, if nothing else because deep marks talent have so little to do with dps increases that at least it would be "something".

---------- Post added 2010-09-25 at 07:04 PM ----------

There is a bug with Glyph of Misdirection where it isn't always resetting the cooldown like it should.

Misdirection has two parts to the spell, the first buff on the hunter is 30 seconds and waits for you to shoot a target, the second buff on the hunter is the 4 seconds after shooting where threat is transfered. Both parts are just called "Misdirection" and can be active at the same time, which I think is part of what causes this bug.

With Glyph of Misdirection it does this "When you use Misdirection to your pet, the cooldown on your Misdirection is reset".

If you re-cast Misdirection on your pet while you still have the 4 second "threat transfer" part up on yourself the cooldown will not be reset correctly for the new cast of Misdirection.

To reproduce easily just chain pull mobs that can be killed faster then 4 seconds and keep misdirecting your pet. It should ALWAYS reset the cooldown, but it doesn't if you still have the previous one active basicly.

You can use this macro to cast Misdirection on your pet for easy testing:

/cast [target=pet, exists] Misdirection

forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=26850259992&sid=1

^ that is the PTR forums thread for this issue, if you can reproduce it please support the thread as well and reporting it in game.

Not gonna lie, hunters are so damn clunky on the beta atm, at least Marksmanship. Aimed Shot is so terrible its not even funny. It hits for nothing. Pet UI is bugged, steady shot whil running is awkward and often flips your direction if you're running and shooting one at the mob chasing you. Chimera shot doesn't even hit remotely hard. Our hardest hitting ability is actually arcane shot, which is getting a swift nerf soon, and then we will be left with nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwind View Post
    Vanish has removed Hunter's Mark outright for years, since at least 2.0 if not before. So I don't think the Marked for Death change is to prevent us from auto marking rogues out of vanish =).

Vanish does not remove Hunter's Mark or any debuffs/dots, Cloak of Shadows does that. This change makes us so that we have to manually apply hm to be able to detect stealth.

In live, vanish does remove Hunter's Mark.