Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Feral Druids no longer immune to poly?

What do you think of the new concept?

I have a feeling there's a mistake. Even if it isn't why do you think they did this?

I think it sucks . I love it that we were immune to it, good thing they didn't do anything about moonkins .
    Last edited by Mistgun; 2010-09-24 at 04:11 AM.

Must be a bug they managed to add while changing the mana cost for flight form.

I believe that if it's a beast or humanoid, it should be polyable. Of course, changing forms should always be able to break it for purpose of balance.

I think we won't be inmune to polymorph but we will still be able to shapeshift out of it, including the Moonkin form. I don't like the change, at all, but I can understand it a bit.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    will there be QQ threads incoming?
    hei alle sammen <3

Deleted
    That's sad

According to the tooltips on the front page - only the flight forms had the poly immune removed. It's still there for travel, bear, cat and seal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

im sure you can still get out of it by toggling forms regardless of whether this is tool-tip or intended.

Quote Originally Posted by ryuke09 View Post
    im sure you can still get out of it by toggling forms regardless of whether this is tool-tip or intended.
    And Ferals would be go OOM. It's a signature ability of Druids (hence why the immunity wasn't given to shaman ghost wolf - Blizz even said so) so I doubt these "changes" are legit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

The act of shapeshifting frees the caster of Movement Impairing effects.

thats what the tooltip say

Apply Aura: Immune Mechanic
    Value: Polymorph

thats what the buff say

so I think they will remove poly immunity

10+ Year Old Account
    you have dispell magic so even if you can be who cares ;p

Feral druids do not... resto druid talent only.

10+ Year Old Account
    The rest of us get by just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    it blends in with the general cataclysm design. less rng, less class-counterclass combos, buffs/debuffs leveled, more predictable fights. i'd imagine shifting the pvp core to rated bg's also had an impact on this. they're trying to hammer in the sharp edges, so to speak. not necessarily a good thing but i won't judge on a small change alone.

---------- Post added 2010-09-24 at 09:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    And Ferals would be go OOM. It's a signature ability of Druids (hence why the immunity wasn't given to shaman ghost wolf - Blizz even said so) so I doubt these "changes" are legit.
    for some particular and peculiar reason i can't take in this change. either way i twist it changing an animal into another animal feels redundant, with all the lack of logic it has. this is why i always felt g-wolf should have benefited from the poly immunity as well.
    You know you play too much when your girlfriend's pants have a low drop rate.

Looks like druids are going to have to finally learn to adapt like the rest of us already have through the previous expansions. Easy ride with an outdated mechanic is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbomcnasty View Post
    Looks like druids are going to have to finally learn to adapt like the rest of us already have through the previous expansions. Easy ride with an outdated mechanic is over.
    Letting ferals get sapped was one thing, I was fine with it. Everyone else could and it put us on par with the rest of the group. We were immune to polymorph but scare beast and hibernate worked on us. One class couldn't cc us, two could. Fine with me.

The problem now is if druids -can- be poly'd we now have the extra CC (scare/hibernate) that no one else suffers from. If Poly can still be shifted out of, sweet, this isn't a problem at all and it's fine with me. If poly ends up not being able to, and we can still get scared/hibernated, it'd suck. Granted, -good- druids can cancel their form and avoid scare/hibernate most of the time.

My biggest concern here are pve polymorph on bear ferals. No fun ending up in caster form as mt.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm guessing if they let this go live they'd address the issue where poly breaks shapeshift, as well as removing the vulnerability to ibernate/scare beast
    closest example is the warlock demon form which won't be susceptible to specialized cc anymore.
    You know you play too much when your girlfriend's pants have a low drop rate.

I hope this isn't true especially since I just learned a couple days ago that Scare Beast had its cooldown removed. :/

Scatter Shot is now baseline so a good anti-feral strategy would be to Scatter Shot and then Scare Beast, you can get feared or eat an instant shot in caster form.
    Last edited by Woogs; 2010-09-24 at 06:50 AM.

Deleted
    The language change in the tooltip is more subtle than that:

Old cat form tooltip:
    Shapeshift into cat form, increasing melee attack power by 0 and causing agility to increase attack power. Also protects the caster from Polymorph effects and allows the use of various cat abilities.

The act of shapeshifting frees the caster of Polymorph and Movement Impairing effects.
    New cat form tooltip:
    Shapeshift into cat form, increasing melee attack power by 0 and causing agility to increase attack power. Also protects the caster from Polymorph effects and allows the use of various cat abilities.

The act of shapeshifting frees the caster of Movement Impairing effects.
    Key part bolded. It seems it still provides immunity to polymorph. What it does not do anymore is allowing you to dispel polymorph by shapeshifting out of it.
    In this case it means the change is not a big deal for feral druids, but is really aimed at resto druids.

I seem to recall a mention somewhere that they weren't happy with resto druids immunity to polymorph or something like that when they started to talk about cata class changes.