Poll: Do you like the assassinations talent "vendetta"?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It's just a boring talent. I'll take it, and push the button when it's off cooldown, but looking at it doesn't make me go "ooh, damn, nice..." like some of the other end of tree talents do. Just like HFB was a really lame talent before it, the designers don't seem to have many cool ideas for Rogues anymore.

Deleted
    I think Vendetta is a great talent, I think Assassination overall looks very interesting in the new builds..seems like it's finally getting a harder rotation again instead of Mutilate-Envenom faceroll.

I never really liked HfB..well..it was oke at the start, 15% damage increase. Then got nerfed to 10% and then to 5%.
    HfB is now a pretty sad talent for a last talent in a build, specially compared to Killing Spree (<3)

So I'm personally really happy with the Vendetta talent.
    With the new talent builds it's the first time for me I find Assassination more interesting then Combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyra View Post
    I think Vendetta is a great talent, I think Assassination overall looks very interesting in the new builds..seems like it's finally getting a harder rotation again instead of Mutilate-Envenom faceroll.

I never really liked HfB..well..it was oke at the start, 15% damage increase. Then got nerfed to 10% and then to 5%.
    HfB is now a pretty sad talent for a last talent in a build, specially compared to Killing Spree (<3)

So I'm personally really happy with the Vendetta talent.
    With the new talent builds it's the first time for me I find Assassination more interesting then Combat.
    What exactly do you find interesting about vendetta over HfB? For pve purposes IT'S THE SAME THING. It's up for 1/4 of the time so that works out to a constant 5% damage increase. The glyph increases it to about 6%. Meaning Vendetta is actually weaker, and has the stipulation that it is on one target only. The vendetta glyph will also basically just be for PvP. Some of the other glyphs work to be higher dps upgrades IE-Rupture,Backstab,Mutilate. Our rotation in cata is going to be exactly the same as it was in Naxx barring that we will now use backstab in place of mutilate sub 30% or whatever it is and we will actually hit HfB(Vendetta) LESS then we did before making our rotation easier then when we played in naxx.

But it's 5 times better in pvp
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrelime View Post
    What exactly do you find interesting about vendetta over HfB? For pve purposes IT'S THE SAME THING. It's up for 1/4 of the time so that works out to a constant 5% damage increase. The glyph increases it to about 6%. Meaning Vendetta is actually weaker, and has the stipulation that it is on one target only. The vendetta glyph will also basically just be for PvP. Some of the other glyphs work to be higher dps upgrades IE-Rupture,Backstab,Mutilate. Our rotation in cata is going to be exactly the same as it was in Naxx barring that we will now use backstab in place of mutilate sub 30% or whatever it is and we will actually hit HfB(Vendetta) LESS then we did before making our rotation easier then when we played in naxx.
    Does it matter they're making the rotation more to like it was back then?
    And good for you that you only see Vendetta as "the same" thing as HfB, but you forget the point that we can actually use Vendetta as a BURST skill.
    BURST is something assassination LACKS atm. Combat > Assassination when it comes to BURST.
    So yes, I actually think Vendetta is a great talent to give Assassination Rogues a lil more chance to burst their DPS when it's needed.

Dunno what you even like so much about HfB, how you wanna call Vendetta "easier" when HfB is just as much faceroll when we don't even need to apply our own bleed effect.
    Last edited by mmoc5650f23b34; 2010-09-29 at 09:35 AM.

to me it seems to work. i enjoy it. i do more damage on dummies on the ptr than i do on live sadly. but i dont have to worry about refreshing HfB either. timed right and with all procs and rupture and garrotte being used properly you can bring out damage. but its meant for bosses and pvp. more so for pvp i believe with the ability to show the enemy

Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    Thank you. Someone finally said it. Looking 30 seconds into the future and/or waiting for hero doesn't exactly make you a strategic genius. In fact, the long duration just feels...confining. We're simply being further pigeon-holed into our "great single target dps" role, which I was kind of hoping we'd move away from.
    If you have paid attention all melee sans death knights are strictly single target in all their main abilities.

the perfect replacement for hunger for blood

Deleted
    I think its quite interesting that about 1 in 4 people don't like the idea of vendetta.

Trouble is that when you look at assassinations now, it just seems really boring. Everything is some kind of passive.

What happened to all these "more utility" in other specs other than sub, and "changing overkill and cold blood" like I remember they said way back at the start of the year before 31 point trees were introduced.

What I have found so far is that with my 346 item level gear as combat spec I couldn't pull off more than 8k dps in a 25 man raid, first boss of bwd. My damage was so low that I got kicked from the raid, It just seemed to be rets, fury, and desto locks, and arcane mages topping the recount with 12 - 15k dps.

Im now reminded of "ROGUES DNT SCALE WITH GEAR DUMBASS" but it does seems like for whatever reason rogue arn't scaling as well as they used to do with.

I think we're doing "ok" in pvp though however. Vanish is frustrateing vs pets because it will break. You'll also get feared or stunned in stealth during vanish.

looks really fun for pvp. annihilate other rogues. >: D
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyra View Post
    Does it matter they're making the rotation more to like it was back then?
    And good for you that you only see Vendetta as "the same" thing as HfB, but you forget the point that we can actually use Vendetta as a BURST skill.
    BURST is something assassination LACKS atm. Combat > Assassination when it comes to BURST.
    So yes, I actually think Vendetta is a great talent to give Assassination Rogues a lil more chance to burst their DPS when it's needed.

Dunno what you even like so much about HfB, how you wanna call Vendetta "easier" when HfB is just as much faceroll when we don't even need to apply our own bleed effect.
    Ok, here is the problem that you are going to see if you want to use it as a burst skill, because vendetta is a one target only skill if you have any mechanics like destroying volcanoes or void portals on jaraxus you are losing severe amounts of time with the buff because the target will not last the whole time. ALL of combat's cds are useful from the minute they use them until they are done. BF would probably be the only exception now but it is a really good dps gain when there is more then one target and you can just click it off as soon as you don't need it. Killing spree is completely frontloaded not wasted damage, and AR is just a straight dps increase no matter the situation. While vendetta is "good" for burst it still pales in comparison to anything combat has, and we are penalized for using it for this purpose on many encounters.

Did I ever say I liked HFB? I just said Vendetta isn't any more interesting, because it isn't. It doesn't make anything harder to do and it actually makes it easier to do the rotation because you hit it less.