Poll: What do you think about my suggestion

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Deleted

Lightbulb cat mechanics idea/discussion

After playing around with the "new" cat mechanics with and without mastery, I realized how boring cats are; mostly due to the lack of changes and the removal of arp.

As the "new" cat will focus on bleeds even more, I thought about possible mechanics to provide cats with a little twist.

Imagine a mechanic for rip that is similar to deep wounds or righteous vengence:
    if rip is reapplied the old rip's remaining damage is added to the new rip and spread over its duration.

To make this not grossly overpowered glyph of shred might have to be changed.
    For example: Your shreds bypass xy% of the target's armor if it is affected by your rip.

However, this would lead to Ferocious Bite not being used anymore.
    A possible way to make it interesting again could be:
    Ferocious Bite - Causes your Rip to turn into Flesh Wound, causing xy% of the rip's remaining damage over 10 seconds plus (100-xy)% + z instantly. (requires rip to be on the target and removes it)

tell me what you think but please refrain trolling.
    Last edited by mmocc1c2045491; 2010-09-24 at 05:01 PM.

So.. at what point do you stop stacking Rip and use Ferocious Bite?

Would there be a cap to the number of times you can stack Rip?

Or would you go Rip, FB, Rip, FB?

Still seems kind of bland no matter how you look at it.

Off-topic:

Your character's names are retarded.

What I'd like to see is something that helps when there's a lot of target switching/add fights. With 100% Arp and high crit rates things weren't that bad, but going back to relying more on bleeds certainly will hurt us a lot in this kind of fights.

Deleted
    off-topic: my druid and shaman are named after my paladin.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...n=Unotakecandl

he himself is named after http://www.wowwiki.com/Elwynn_Kobolds

retarded or not, I thought this was funny when I was drunk.

I actually think it could be nice if Ferocious Bite was given some extra Arp. Good kitties could push up their DPS by Biting more often, while not-so-good ones could play it safe and not risk messing up their rotation.

Deleted
    does not neccessarily have to be arp. higher base damage / better ap scaling would do, too. (I'm pretty confident the coefficient will be buffed sooner or later)

To the OP: If Rip was able to be "refreshed" by using another Rip, and the remaining damage was spread over the new Rip... gg, it would be insanely OP, and that's all druids would do. It'd be on par with vanilla paladins and Kazzak.

The reason feral druids haven't had any major, sweeping changes is because Blizz views feral kittens as one of their success stories in terms of DPS scaling with skill. It's actually a compliment, and it's very hard to improve on something that's already good w/o making it worse.

If you're comparing numbers on the PTR/beta, I'd advise against it for the most part. Blizz knows feral kitty damage numbers are low, and it's on their To-Do list. If you're worried about losing your armor pen and crit, every class is dealing with it. You'll be lucky to hit 30% crit once you tackle heroics in Cataclysm (and if you reforge to try this, I guarantee your hit/expertise will be horrid). I'm assuming you were talking about numbers at level 85... if you're talking about lvl 80, there's no point since the new changes are balanced around lvl 85.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

You'll be lucky to hit 30% crit once you tackle heroics in Cataclysm
    One of the things that has really made the cat rotation "easier" was our crit rate increasing. With the new ratings, cats will struggle to get combo points. (Glyph of Rip now adds damage, not duration, so rip is effectively shorter duration.) Even with the changes to roar, rake, and energy... its going to be much harder to keep everything up. I think people really underestimate how important crits are to generating CPs and maximizing DPS and how HARD the cat rotation is with poor CP generation.

That being said, I think the cat changes are looking good: an interrupt, a finisher in bite, an opener in ravage, and a lot more bursti-ness with the roar change. That's a lot of new toys for kitteh's.
    Last edited by Cortano; 2010-09-24 at 10:14 PM.

Deleted
    If you're comparing numbers on the PTR/beta, I'd advise against it for the most part. Blizz knows feral kitty damage numbers are low, and it's on their To-Do list. If you're worried about losing your armor pen and crit, every class is dealing with it. You'll be lucky to hit 30% crit once you tackle heroics in Cataclysm (and if you reforge to try this, I guarantee your hit/expertise will be horrid). I'm assuming you were talking about numbers at level 85... if you're talking about lvl 80, there's no point since the new changes are balanced around lvl 85.
    I'm not talking about the damage at all.

If Rip was able to be "refreshed" by using another Rip, and the remaining damage was spread over the new Rip... gg, it would be insanely OP, and that's all druids would do. It'd be on par with vanilla paladins and Kazzak.
    Depends on how soon you can get the second rip off. If there's only a delay of a couple of seconds you're right. If only a couple of ticks are left of the old rip, it wouldn't be op.

My idea was to stack rip 2-3 times and then to release the damage by fb. However, this was just a spontanious idea and nowhere near polished.
    Last edited by mmocc1c2045491; 2010-09-24 at 11:27 PM.