Holy shield state as of now

http://bighugelabs.com/output/motiva...26deb3fe4d.jpg

might as well make it passive

(edit)forgot to quote

''Guarded by the Light additional effect - In addition, your Word of Glory will also cause Holy Shield.''
    Last edited by mitchimitch; 2010-09-24 at 08:49 PM.

But passive isn't interesting! (though apparently RNG is, if Ret is anything by which to judge)

10+ Year Old Account
    On that note, why did they take the damage off of it? Did they ever explain that one? As far as I can remember, warriors still have their Damage Shield talent.

EDIT: Nevermind that. It would seem that it's been a while since I saw the protection tree for warriors. No more damage shield.
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2010-09-24 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Correction
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchimitch View Post
    http://bighugelabs.com/output/motiva...26deb3fe4d.jpg

might as well make it passive

(edit)forgot to quote

''Guarded by the Light additional effect - In addition, your Word of Glory will also cause Holy Shield.''
    Unfortunately the Paladin class as a while seems pretty rough around the edges, Prot doesn't seem very enjoyable on beta I feel sorry for the tanks. Holy seems to be the only talent class that is somewhere closer to being finished but Protection could definitely use some love.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    Unfortunately the Paladin class as a while seems pretty rough around the edges, Prot doesn't seem very enjoyable on beta I feel sorry for the tanks. Holy seems to be the only talent class that is somewhere closer to being finished but Protection could definitely use some love.
    Agreed, on the ptr, I have been playing my premade holy pally more than my main prot pally. Simply because, if things stay the way they are, it is doubtful that I will stay prot for very long in exchange for holy. Prot is just dull atm.
    OP: Becuase of inquisition. They want us to choose whether we will have holy shield up, or inquisition for AoE pulls.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Agreed, on the ptr, I have been playing my premade holy pally more than my main prot pally. Simply because, if things stay the way they are, it is doubtful that I will stay prot for very long in exchange for holy. Prot is just dull atm.
    OP: Becuase of inquisition. They want us to choose whether we will have holy shield up, or inquisition for AoE pulls.
    honestly Inquisition is the bane of both Ret and Prot
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Did they remove Inquisition from Holy Shield? !_!

And ... meh prot is just toooooo flawed atm, Inquisition sux, ShoR isn'T that great either and WoG is only fun if you get a prot (cause random procs are always good while tanking)
    Plus Blocking is just horrible compared to warriors, who at least get Critical Block from Mastery and what do we get? More Reckoning procs, YAY!

Maybe they should make something like this:
    Your Holy Power using abilities now grant Holy Shield, increasing your block chance by 15% and an extra effect depending on the ability used:
    Shield of the Righteous: Increases your chance to proc Reckoning by 5% per stack and your reckoning now also deals X% of your ShoR as Holy Damage
    Word of Glory: Your blocks also absorb 10% of the healing done by WoG.
    Inquisition: Your blocks also deal damage equal to 5% of your Attackpower.
    Last edited by Nillo; 2010-09-25 at 10:28 AM.