Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Dks not wanting to duel until army is of CD

"Remember there is always something cleaverer than yourself"

Quote Originally Posted by kosuko View Post
    You can /end off topic when you create your own forums.
    As for the idea to restealth: ok, you restealth, open again. And they can continue where they left off.
    I see skill in pvp as knowing what spells to cast when, and what abbilities to counter with what.
    NOT spinning circles behind a pillar
    You can have the opinion that your positioning not mattering in PvP would be fun
    I'm sure about 90% of anybody that plays the game over a certain threshhold of competancy would disagree with you
    But this little tiffy is off-topic in the current topic. move to PM or whatever if you want to continue discussing but I'm pretty sure 1v1 PvP =/= Arena.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minky View Post
    You can have the opinion that your positioning not mattering in PvP would be fun
    I'm sure about 90% of anybody that plays the game over a certain threshhold of competancy would disagree with you
    But this little tiffy is off-topic in the current topic. move to PM or whatever if you want to continue discussing but I'm pretty sure 1v1 PvP =/= Arena.
    Seeing how the discussion is about what annoys you in duels, this is relevant to the topic.

I agree with 1v1 =/= arena.
    In arena you get something for winning. All you get in a duel is some fun and maybe the knowledge that you beat someone (hopefully) by being better than him.
    SO why on earth would running circles around someone during a duel be "correct". It doesn't show skill and it definatly isn't fun.

Seeing how the discussion is about what annoys you in duels, this is relevant to the topic.

I agree with 1v1 =/= arena.
    In arena you get something for winning. All you get in a duel is some fun and maybe the knowledge that you beat someone (hopefully) by being better than him.
    SO why on earth would running circles around someone during a duel be "correct". It doesn't show skill and it definatly isn't fun.
    It may be fun for the person winning by exploiting terrain, and it may suck for the person who's losing because they don't know how / don't have the aptitude to do so.
    In duels it's Rock Paper Scissors. It really is, barring vast outgearing our outplaying.
    Prot Paladins are plastic explosives, and are on a different spectrum entirely.
    Rogues are paper. Mages are scissors. Warriors are rocks. Everybody else fall into a catagory between all of those, depending entirely on latency, positioning around the duel area, etc.

Saying HoTing yourself and DoTing your oponent and then LoS dancing isn't skill is ludicrous. To DoT you they had to be in LoS. Every single class that relies on being close to or away from their target has tools to make this possible. Those tools can be countered. Throw PvP trinkets into play and you've got a fair bit of balance (as far as Duels can go). If you use your gap closers and gap makers badly, then hell yes you should lose to a superior player than you.
    Would you prefer people stand static and spam damage until someone dies? That's retarded. :P

Deleted
    i hate it when it bugs and you actually die from a duel, doesnt happen often but none the less it's annoying

all i'm seeing is "i hate when i duel a competent player"

you guys need to:

figure out a counter

or

accept the fact that against a competent player of X class you have no chance

Quote Originally Posted by Venox View Post
    i hate it when it bugs and you actually die from a duel, doesnt happen often but none the less it's annoying
    Thankfully I've only ever seen this happen from fall damage from short distances or priest MCs boomkin typhoons and shaman thunders off ledges.
    That's weird that it would bug from anything else

Quote Originally Posted by fatalaeon View Post
    paladins who bubble.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Players who QQ about said bubble
    im a warrior so i HATE when pallies with their no skill Lay on hands...that's just annoying.
    Last edited by rzy; 2010-09-25 at 10:38 AM. Reason: swore :s

15+ Year Old Account
    Would you prefer people stand static and spam damage until someone dies? That's retarded. :P
    There is a big difference between standing still untill someone dies and kiting someone around a pillar.
    Gap closers and makers: ofcourse
    Line of sights: Sure, running there once or twice
    kiting around a pillar: OW come on.
    You can't seriously keep claiming running circles around a pillar is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by nyoh View Post
    im a warrior so i HATE when pallies with their no skill Lay on hands...that's just annoying.
    You basically win as soon as they fat=finger the LoH button instead of FoL.

All pures have a chance to kill most healers.Assuming equal in gear and skill in perfect environment, I'd think:
    Paladin:All except maybe mage
    Druid:All but Rogue and Mage (Thorns is ow)
    Shaman:All
    Priest:All
    No. Just no.

There is a big difference between standing still untill someone dies and kiting someone around a pillar.
    Gap closers and makers: ofcourse
    Line of sights: Sure, running there once or twice
    kiting around a pillar: OW come on.
    You can't seriously keep claiming running circles around a pillar is fun.
    I don't find it fun. That's why my opponents never seem to be able to do it. It sounds like either a personal problem or horrible latency.

---------- Post added 2010-09-25 at 10:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Luthlet View Post
    No. Just no.
    Mana drain (via WLock) is powerful
    Hunters are lol
    Rogues have the control to stop the heals and the MS
    Mages have the damage

I don't see how you can say healers are unkillable as a pure DPS.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't find it fun. That's why my opponents never seem to be able to do it. It sounds like either a personal problem or horrible latency.
    Unless you would on your mage, frost nova and rocket boots around the pillar or something, i don't see a way to avoid it. (on your mage that is). But nvm it i guess, the thread was about what is annoying. If it never happens to you, you can praise yourself lucky.

---------- Post added 2010-09-25 at 10:40 AM ----------

Mana drain (via WLock) is powerful
    Hunters are lol
    Rogues have the control to stop the heals and the MS
    Mages have the damage

I don't see how you can say healers are unkillable as a pure DPS.
    Because healers do enough damage to kill most pure classes while keeping themselves alive long enough to do so.

Unless you would on your mage, frost nova and rocket boots around the pillar or something, i don't see a way to avoid it. (on your mage that is). But nvm it i guess, the thread was about what is annoying. If it never happens to you, you can praise yourself lucky.
    Crippling poison
    Cloak Stealth Sap bandage Reopen
    Chains of Ice
    Lolhunterpet
    Cleanse
    HoF
    Pursuit of justice
    Various stuns incapacitates and snares

There are a lot of ways to circumvent being "kited around pillars".
    Keep in mind, if they're pillar humping they're not damaging you, either, barring DoTs. And in the case that you're low and they're ticking down, you got outplayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarwhale001 View Post
    It's more of the fact that when you duel, you're generally comparing PvP skills. Rogues and Ferals obviously work with the element of surprise, in any almost any PvP situation except for this one, you wouldnt know they were coming. Spamming AOEs sort of defeats the purpose of this, they're already gimped enough since you know they're coming, no need to scrub it up and gimp them more. No, I dont play Feral or Rogue.
    Yes cause its only far that you let him open on you since being able to restart the fight twice isn't fair. /rollseyes As for what's annoying; healers wanting to duel. Blizz has stated many times that you SHOULDN'T be able to kill a healer 1 v 1 or else there would be no point in rolling heals in arena. You're not impressing anyone by bouncing around spammming moonfire or mana burning someone.
    Last edited by regnireht; 2010-09-25 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthlet View Post
    Because healers do enough damage to kill most pure classes while keeping themselves alive long enough to do so.
    It's about 50/50 for me.
    I can honestly kill most Wrathful-geared healers with a certain amount of finesse.

It very much annoys me when people claim that they are better than me in every way shape or form because they won the duel. I don't PvP much, but 1v1 PvP is indeed not the only aspect of this game. It's not even a very important aspect, which is why certain combinations are rather unbalanced (that, and 1v1 is much harder to balance than say, 2v2 or 5v5). And I'm going to say it, paladins are the class furthest outside the pack when it comes to 1v1. So, okay Mr. Prot Paladin, you can destroy me in 8 seconds while staying at 100% health. I accept that as an inevitable fault of the game design. Just don't think it's because you're a god and I'm a failure at life.

You basically win as soon as they fat=finger the LoH button instead of FoL.
    Yeah i win it just prolongs it

It's about 50/50 for me.
    I can honestly kill most Wrathful-geared healers with a certain amount of finesse.
    With what class?