Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplistic View Post
    they weren't. tbh the one i paid most attention to was a spriest wearing mostly 264 pve loot with a few wrathful off peices. I was definitely TV critting him for 9k.
    So you're basing your data on the one clothy class who has a large amount of armor + physical damage reduction + resilience?

Quote Originally Posted by Simplistic View Post
    It hits for garbage in PVP with all the shields and mitigation. I do 23k templar's verdicts on the 83 heroic dummy self-buffed...on clothies I was doing 7k-10k templar's verdict crits through shields and mitigation garbage.

You do not have much choice of when you unload a TV. If you have 3HP you MUST spend it on TV (if appropriate) as soon as possible...because you need to build up HP as quickly as possible to inevitably use WOG.

Blues have said, not directly quoting, "if you let a class build up it's nuke you should suffer the consequences." If a class lets us build up a TV and close into range to use it...they deserve it. It should hit HARD...not 7k. It should be holy damage. If not all then at least 50%.

It's very limp in pvp atm.
    So you think clothies are weaker to holy than physical... yeah... you fail :O
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    well, with zealotry the paladin only needs one CS for every TV, for 20sec.
    he also needs 3hp to begin with, loses 3-4 holy power from DP procs and still has to remain in melee range for those 20 seconds to make zealotry effective

---------- Post added 2010-09-25 at 12:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Oweena View Post
    So you're basing your data on the one clothy class who has a large amount of armor + physical damage reduction + resilience?
    he did say mostly pve loot, didnt he?

---------- Post added 2010-09-25 at 12:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda1337 View Post
    So you think clothies are weaker to holy than physical... yeah... you fail :O
    20% damage reduction from armor can really gimp damage, just look at warriors without their arp of course that in pvp its fixed with colossus smash and bleeds, paladin lack that because we used to do more holy damage than physical but thats not the case anymore, its something like 40% holy 60% physical and thats taking inquisition into account, with out inq inq it would be more like 70% physical and 30% holy which really sucks fighting anyone
    Last edited by Vizardlorde; 2010-09-25 at 05:02 PM.

just an idea here, how about TV beina a physical + holy damage strike?, like DK strikes, alt least even if the physical dmg is partially resisted by armor, not the holy, and if someone has any form of absorb up, it still needs to get through that so its not op. I was thinkjing on the 70% physical + 30% holy range, plus this would reward keeping Inq up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmrdkm View Post
    just an idea here, how about TV beina a physical + holy damage strike?, like DK strikes, alt least even if the physical dmg is partially resisted by armor, not the holy, and if someone has any form of absorb up, it still needs to get through that so its not op. I was thinkjing on the 70% physical + 30% holy range, plus this would reward keeping Inq up.
    though this would be awesome without being op it wont get implemented because... we are paladins...

You don't know what you're asking for here. You want Templar's Verdict to be another Scourge Strike? Might be awesome at first, like Scourge Strike was, but your class will never come off the chopping block. Eventually, Blizzard will screw up and break Templar's Verdict completely, and then you'll really be in shit.

Go ahead, ask any DK about it. They've been though it already.

Herein, we discuss matters of the utmost importance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mielji View Post
    23k in cata should be fair, for a tv..
    Only if its a good tv though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobstarrr View Post
    Only if its a good tv though.
    better have interactive holographic technology built in... lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    better have interactive holographic technology built in... lol
    And a 10.2 top-of-the-line speaker system =)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Beware Requital got an infraction for talking about televisions in a previous post!

Quote Originally Posted by Remulade View Post
    TV should hit hard, its our om nom nom ability, just like a shamans Lava Burst...only we need to build up and not waste our precious holy power to use it
    IMHO you are correct. TV with 3 stack of HoPo should be a "OMGWTFBBQ WAS THAT!?!?!?"

Considering Ret has lost allot of defensive utility since were not as HYBRID as we were we need our offensive damage raised by quite a bit to compensate for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unferth View Post
    IMHO you are correct. TV with 3 stack of HoPo should be a "OMGWTFBBQ WAS THAT!?!?!?"
    no. just no. there should be no ability like that in cataclysm, not for ret, not for shamans, not for any other class.

cata pvp =/= wotlk pvp.

15+ Year Old Account
    Full level 85 premade in PvP gear no buffs 87K-97K it varies a little between cloth -> plate and talents but ya that is in blue PvP gear you can assume S9 will put you close to 100K.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

no. just no. there should be no ability like that in cataclysm, not for ret, not for shamans, not for any other class.

cata pvp =/= wotlk pvp.
    have you even been on the ptr or beta? casters are WTF BBQ SAUSING PPL in about 3-4 globals or less and on the ptr its jsut stupid dont even try to pvp as a melee esspically a pally? by the time you do get 3 holy power and get in range ur ussually close to dead and have to wog and then after that u die. if you did manage to get 3 hp with out getting kitted or killed in 2 sec and you use tv its pretty pathetic its about 6-13k and after that most casters have cds to get away and kite you again and again till you die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meatmissle View Post
    have you even been on the ptr or beta? casters are WTF BBQ SAUSING PPL in about 3-4 globals or less and on the ptr its jsut stupid dont even try to pvp as a melee esspically a pally? by the time you do get 3 holy power and get in range ur ussually close to dead and have to wog and then after that u die. if you did manage to get 3 hp with out getting kitted or killed in 2 sec and you use tv its pretty pathetic its about 6-13k and after that most casters have cds to get away and kite you again and again till you die.
    *sigh*

when do people get it?

there. are. no. players. in. full. epic. lvl 85. pvp. gear. right. now. anywhere.
    did you get it?
    it's really not that hard to understand simple facts like that before complaining.

not even mentioning it's a ptr, numbers aren't final, the ptr is there to change exactly the problems you see.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesmam View Post
    Well, people with lvl85 chars and lvl85 items have already 75k-85k hp and that doesn't have any pvp gear. And if the Cataclysm pvp gear is geared like Wotlk it has massive stamina, again. So players in 85-pvp gear should have 95k(cloth)-110k(plate) hp. So 20k TVs doesn't sound that bad, concidering how much time and setup it requires to gather those 3 HP AND get to melee range.
    Whats that ''And get to melee range part'' you know retribution is counted as melee?
    Btw question, how long does it take that your holypower will go off? Like if you have 1 hp how long is it untill that wears off?

15+ Year Old Account
    *sigh*

when do people get it?

there. are. no. players. in. full. epic. lvl 85. pvp. gear. right. now. anywhere.
    did you get it?
    it's really not that hard to understand simple facts like that before complaining.

not even mentioning it's a ptr, numbers aren't final, the ptr is there to change exactly the problems you see.
    You don't actually think it's going to be different do you? level 85 epics vs level 83 blues are much closer then you might think. Sure more HP and some Resilience but if you actually think that Blizzard suddenly figured out how to balance PvP heh well I don't know what to tell you.

@ Kangodo o/
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shav View Post
    Whats that ''And get to melee range part'' you know retribution is counted as melee?
    Btw question, how long does it take that your holypower will go off? Like if you have 1 hp how long is it untill that wears off?
    holy power doesn't wear off. it stays there until you use it or die^^

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    You don't actually think it's going to be different do you? level 85 epics vs level 83 blues are much closer then you might think. Sure more HP and some Resilience but if you actually think that Blizzard suddenly figured out how to balance PvP heh well I don't know what to tell you.
    "more hp and some resilience" yeah right, that will make noooo difference. nope.
    and i'm sure all blizzard devs are dump and only you know how to proper balance rets. yup.

i guess we should really just stop arguing at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Talking about pvp, today I attacked a priest.. I did some attacks on him (which was barely doing damage at all) and all of the sudden I died.
    Combat-log showed he suddenly spammed 20 Holy Nova's at once and killed me with it, nothing else..

So there you have it, a priest kills us with nothing more than Holy Nova \o/ Isn't pvp awesome?
    Was it a disc priest? I think there's some sort of scaling bug with their Holy Nova.

---------- Post added 2010-09-25 at 08:14 PM ----------

Outside of combat it decays at a rate of 1 HP per 10 seconds. In combat it stays until used.

"more hp and some resilience" yeah right, that will make noooo difference. nope.
    and i'm sure all blizzard devs are dump and only you know how to proper balance rets. yup.

i guess we should really just stop arguing at that point.
    So whats the problem? If holypower doesnt wear off and you cant get Tv on to the target, either you suck or your enemy is way better than you. Oh and welcome to the daily basis of other melee classes