Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    two words AOE FEST

When Naxx first came out it was ok, nice first raid for anyone new to the game, for those that had been playing for a while it was a tad on the easy side compared to TBC end game raiding that everyone was use to.

Ulduar, new mechanics and a nice instance, a bit of trash but not too much. The way hardmodes were done was pretty good imo.

Totc, a cheap instance, never liked the place and found it very boring.

ICC, when it started it was nice and the bosses were pretty fun, only problem is that as has been said already its been out for too long with no new content (Ruby sanctum is not big content)

Questing, some nice quests, a few boring ones but no one can like everything.

PVP, Wintergrasp is often unbalanced and I dont think the whole tenacity buff system works with vehicles. No massive new changes otherwise, they made it so you dont enter a BG with a 10 of them to 3 of you anymore which is a welcome thing.

Overal Wotlk has had its good points such as its easy to gear your alts if your guild needs a different class, bad side is that new players can progress through content without learning learning how to play their class that well. Yes it gives everyone a chance to see everything but unfortunetely it dumbs it down a bit. Again pros and cons to this. Overal, its a good expansion and I've been happy with it, its just ran its time and Blizzard needed to implement another whole instance like they did in TBC (sunwell) or should of got cata released andready months ago.

I don't think WOTLK was all that bad but they just prolonged ICC for far too long.

The good
    - ICC and Ulduar Raids
    - Wrath Gate
    - Phasing and Questing
    - Valuable Additions like Dual Spec, Glyphs, Heirlooms
    - Making us do more dungeons(Dungeon Finder ftw)
    - 10/25 man Raids

The bad
    - Some Dungeons had better loot as compared to raids(People used to farm ICC Dungeons instead of trying out Ulduar instead)
    - ICC and Ulduar were too long. Keep the boss count to 8
    - Dungeon grinding seemed a better way for gearing up as compared to raiding

Suggestions
    - Taking when ICC came, all the content before that including ToC, Ulduar, Naxx, EoE, etc should had been upscaled to Tier 9 category or at least upscaling should only be possible with HM.
    - Same thing with Heroic dungeons. They should not seem a walk in the park even if you have the best gear the content has to offer.
    - Improve Raid Finder

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okey,
    well i am a vanilla player, ive seen the changes coming up and i must say that all those things didn't realy pack out that bad imo.

To hardcore players: don't be such jerks, cus new players want to feel the epicness aswell (although i do agree with the ToC instance, nubs getting fast gear is pethatic.)

I don't wanna sound to overrated but i think cataclysm will solve alot of problems that are spread on the forums.
    i do agree wow became to mathy for some with all the stats u need to take care of.
    cataclysm will change things, some may hate it but i think around 70% or more will love it!

ps, hc players will love the fact that instances will drop set items again, so u actualy need to KILL some bosses will u getting better gear, i'd say that's a +

greats

Quote Originally Posted by Jektar View Post
    The biggest problem I have with it is many fight mechanics are very forgivable. Stand in the void zone for 15 seconds? You can live with a few heals.
    Just here to say that this player has never done Sartharion 3D without zerging it. When it was current content.

That said, I think Wrath was a good expansion. It wasn't as good as BC to me, but then again I got my start right before 2.0 came out. Wrath had a new class that I never really played much, so I missed out on a lot of the appeal to it just from that. I enjoyed the remade Naxx, and despite people saying it's been so easy, nothing was easy when it was current content. You think heroics or T1 raids weren't steamrolled in BC? Overgearing happens, and unless Blizzard implements scaling instances (which completely defeats the purpose of gear in the first place) it will continue to happen. Cata will be no different.

As for "ez gear 4 nubs", I don't see that being the problem. The problem is, the playerbase doesn't want to run the same tiers for 2 years. That means whenever an alt hit max level, or a new player for that matter, since you couldn't jump to current content through some badge gear you'd have to find SOMEONE (much less 10 people) who'd raid Naxx then Ulduar then ToC then ICC. Nobody is going to do that when they can pug H ICC. This is just the nature of this game.
    Last edited by InbredPsychosis; 2010-09-30 at 12:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by InbredPsychosis View Post
    Just here to say that this player has never done Sartharion 3D without zerging it.
    Sarth 3D is, in many ways, a Hardmode though.

It takes balls to stand in the "fire" on ICC hardmodes.

Pretty much every normal encounter was very forgiving though. There NEEDS to be more instant-death mechanic, that forces people to act and react.

I think that the heroic mode system ruined it, in that respect. People went into ICC or ToC, did it on normal, they cried because they had no challenge. They should have made the normal modes harder and less forgiving, and kept the Hard Mode system of Ulduar. And they should have had emblems buy you the previous tiers' gear. Overall, I preferred it to TBC - Harder encounters, amazing lore and brilliant quests. But the two extremes (Very easy and Very hard) was a bad way to do the expansion. A more balanced difficulty with a few very hard bosses would have been preferred imo. I did, however, prefer the Outland zones tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Sarth 3D is, in many ways, a Hardmode though.

It takes balls to stand in the "fire" on ICC hardmodes.

Pretty much every normal encounter was very forgiving though. There NEEDS to be more instant-death mechanic, that forces people to act and react.
    That's the purpose of hardmodes though. To make fights not forgiving. If you want a hard fight, do it on hard mode. That simple. Don't complain about the parts of the game meant for people not as badass as you. People have too many problems with parts of the game meant for a new audience. You know, the dreaded "casual player". Somehow their existence hurts the playing experience of someone who probably spends too much time on the game as it is. Which I could almost understand if the game was nothing but easy content. That'd get boring, but that isn't the case here.

Things i simply hate in WOTLK:

- Completly lack of progression trough raid tiers, to learn to walk you first need to crawl;
    - ToC, the worse piece of crap raid ever made, completly killed Ulduar magnificent after it was deplyed in conjunction whit tiers of all kinds and tastes and badges easy obtainable, was the killer stroke.

- Lack of CC and brain use for not die when not stayed out of fire.

COmparing whit TBC that i loved alot as a hunter due to alot of CC envolved in raids, really made me happy as a character whit all that CC power in my hands. WOTLK killed some class abilities completly, and put them in a corner like a detention bad behaviour kid.

I am more proud of my rusted proto drake done last year then my king slayer title, Ulduar hardmodes was a lot of fun and a great instance, the last decent raid for me, then that aberration called ToC came out and ruined all.

Lack of tier progression kills most players ability to outcome fight mechanics, plain and simple, so many people think that you must be hardcore to kill some stuff, you are very wrong and if you say that it means you probably jealous that i can dodge bullets and you cant, not because you arent able or tried cause thoes ones do what they can, its because you simply dont want it and think that you dont have to, and makes me wonder why thoes people pay to play a game that they dont want to play, i hope Cata will bring what a MMORPG should be, progress.

Things i like about WOTLK

Ulduar
    The nature
    Good Quests
    A really evil end boss

Things that i didnt like

All gear look the same
    No new races
    To easy ( I understand that it is hard when you play on Heroic but for the non Hardcore raiders is it really easy to get complete noobs in your raids)
    To few Raids

-In TBC there was a role once called "Support" role..
    like Enhancement shamans, Shadow priests, Feral/Pala Offtanks.
    Having anything besides the unholy trinity "Tank/Heal/DPS" is good for the MMO
    -TBC introduced many fun mechanics, like mage tanking in gruul, lock tanking in many places.
    -TBC Trash was far more epic, different mob annoying abilities made u decide which to kill first.
    -TBC dungeon/heroic bosses all have fun mechanics, like first mechanar boss who was different in heroic and normal.
    -TBC had different content for 10 and 25man... not the same content...
    -ZA was a very nice raid and completing it within time limit was real rewarding, not to mention who does not like troll druids
    -Almost ALL TBC raid bosses were fun to raid, remember first boss in BT? or the Doomguard boss in Mount Hyjal.
    -Mount Hyjal was one of the best experiences I've had in WoW pre-nerf. Not to mention it was pretty much identical to the final stage in Warcraft III with even same bosses.
    -TK Trash was HARD!! but it was also FUN!! as you need to know which mob to CC and which to kill first.

-Most of trash in WotLK are mindless Auto attack mobs who needed to be AoE'd.
    -Patch 3.0 double solved many problems, gave CC to many classes, but made CC worthless.
    -While titles are nice in WotLK, many of them require no dedication, Jinkins? Champion of the Frozen Wastes? Though i admire "The Undying" "The Immortal" "Starcaller".
    -Raid Progression does not exist since the removal of BT Attunement...
    -"We want all people to see the content" is a very bad excuse, you cant complain about not finishing the game if you cant spend time on it, let alone an MMO...
    -Killing a boss after only 4-6 days after its release is not a challenge at all.