Cata prot pally question

I'm looking at the abilities trying to find a "rotation" and I'm looking at how hammer of the righteous interacts like Crusader strike but is and aoe. So once I have 3 stacks of Holy Power, I'd use SoR, but what's my HP dump for AOE?

Quote Originally Posted by Layam View Post
    I'm looking at the abilities trying to find a "rotation" and I'm looking at how hammer of the righteous interacts like Crusader strike but is and aoe. So once I have 3 stacks of Holy Power, I'd use SoR, but what's my HP dump for AOE?
    Personally I have been using Holy Wrath everytime it's up now, since it now affects all mobs. If you give it a glyph (think a Medium Glyph) then it stuns Dragonkins and Elementals as well as Undead and Demons.

Consecration can be used too, but it's a bit harder to keep that up now. The changes to Holy Wrath make it quite lovely, the numbers in Beta might be adjusted a bit more to make it a rotation spell but I will use it anytime as it seems to have no target limit.

inquisition is your HP dump for AoE tanking
    Yeah, its a Hemmy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeningsky View Post
    This. although when 4.0 hits we're not going to have inquistion (trained at level 81 *headdesk*) so we're probably either gonna be making sure we're holding threat on one specific mob (hi shambling horrors) or we're going to be spamming Word of Glory for free heals

Oh my dumb, didn't read the HP question. Yeah use Inquisition as Dark pointed out or WOG like Silorn ;o
    Last edited by Moonky; 2010-09-25 at 11:13 PM. Reason: people reply faster then I can edit!

From what I gather on PTR:
    For aoe rotation, I would say use HotR until you have 3 HP and use WoG or shield slam depending on your survivability situation (probably inquisition once past 81).

In between HotR, fill it with judgements, consecrates, AW, AS, and AS procs (if talented).

The occasional CS should be ok if you are confident with your current aoe threat, and the group seems to be focus firing on a single particular target.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeningsky View Post
    Does anyone know if consecrates or censure ticks are affected by inquisition if those effects are applied before the inquisition cast?
    Quote Originally Posted by rofltroll
    You told her no!?! To friends with benefits!?!

Son, I am disappoint.

15+ Year Old Account
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wotar View Post
    Does anyone know if consecrates or censure ticks are affected by inquisition if those effects are applied before the inquisition cast?
    Probably not, unless they changed the buff mechanics, but I haven't heard that they did. Censure would get updated on your next melee swing anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Probably not, unless they changed the buff mechanics, but I haven't heard that they did. Censure would get updated on your next melee swing anyway.
    They're making other DoTs/HoTs scale and descale with your current buffs, so I don't see why they wouldn't also fix these in the same fashion.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri (Blue Tracker)
    What you're experiencing is world PvP on a PvP realm. I realize that it's not for everyone, but it's not something that we plan to adjust. The harsh reality is that life on a PvP realm can be difficult, and if you aren't prepared for the rigors of playing on such a realm, then it's probably in your best interest to transfer to a normal realm, or, if you cannot afford that, then consider creating a new character on a normal realm.
    Grim Campfire

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaluri View Post
    They're making other DoTs/HoTs scale and descale with your current buffs, so I don't see why they wouldn't also fix these in the same fashion.
    Only when they're refreshed IIRC, not every tick.