101 66.45%
  • no dont bring it back

36 23.68%
  • dont care

15 9.87%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

attunment yay or nay

so as any of the old school raiders would remember that attunment was a pain in the arse but it did get rid of a lot of the scrub raiders i mean i not asking for anything like BT attunment but kara attunment was still hard but the average person could get it so who else thinks they should bring it back or who is glad to see it gone

Deleted
    Wasnt much of an "old school raider per se" but Attunment gave people something to do other than rushintoagroupandgetlootzreptheninstaraidtimez.

10+ Year Old Account
    This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind.
    i think that they should have attunements, but they should be BOA, it was fun killing vashj and kael to get attuned for hyjal, but it wasnt fun the fifth or sixth time

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofshock View Post
    i think that they should have attunements, but they should be BOA, it was fun killing vashj and kael to get attuned for hyjal, but it wasnt fun the fifth or sixth time
    Could not agree more, that would make perfect sense.

Account-wide attunements, aye!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wherever there are gnomes that havent been eaten yet.
    maybe not right off the bat for the first few raids/dungeons, but perhaps LIGHT attunement for the Uld/Toc/ICC of Cataclysm patches...just not like vanilla long-ass quest chains or BC rep grinds.
    <Insert something witty and humorous here>

Quote Originally Posted by Shav View Post
    Could not agree more, that would make perfect sense.
    The attument system could of worked perfectly with Totc > ICC. In Totc, we are preparing for the big battle in ICC.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatforce-Kilrogg View Post
    The attument system could of worked perfectly with Totc > ICC. In Totc, we are preparing for the big battle in ICC.
    perfect idea.

attunement gives the game more of a challenge, and stops any idiot from walking into high end raids and making a fool of themselves

Deleted
    Party, Kara attunement was good..not fond of others where half the raidmembers can't join up because they rerolled or wathever.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ests-yes-or-no
    Made a similar thread just over a month ago, coz I loved the old attunements and would very much like to see them back in game.

Conclusions were 248 pro, 70 against, and main solutions were either people hoping for:
    - account-wide attunements (coz they're fun once, but a pain to do five times)
    or
    - no attunements, but questchains in zones that add story to the instance without being necessary.

Main idea was that most people enjoy a good story build-up to an instance, so that you actually know who you're gonna kill. However, no one likes to do tedious old-instance farming on 5 different toons, and it can also make life harder for recruiting end-game guilds (remember BT time).

Still, give me my attunements back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

I think that the only attunements that should come up are beating Normal Mode for Heroic Mode, and quest chains similar to the one with the dying paladin in terms of length for a key to an Algalon-ish encounter.

bring em back, but don't make them manditory

Quote Originally Posted by moledark View Post
    so as any of the old school raiders would remember that attunment was a pain in the arse but it did get rid of a lot of the scrub raiders i mean i not asking for anything like BT attunment but kara attunment was still hard but the average person could get it so who else thinks they should bring it back or who is glad to see it gone
    I could agree with a Kara style Attunment. It took a little bit of effort, but was easily doable by anyone capable of raiding. It would help to prevent under-geared players from trying to join PuGs, and would force people to make a conscious effort to prepare for raiding.

Probably shouldn't require raiding previous tiers for attunemnt. Release new heroics to run for attunement (such as requiring HoR to get into the ICC raids), and make sure they are difficult.

Guilds would be able to stomp through such attunments easily, and fresh-85s will need to gear through heroics anyway. So if they want to raid, they will pick up the attunment quests.

Just build the attunement into the level process or Heroics.

As I have said before Ulduar should have required the Hodir chain as it's attunement. Who didn't do that chain on their toons, even alts, prior to the enchants being bind on account. Don't recall too much QQ over the Hodir chain You did most of it while leveling anyways, and its not like it was hard.

And besides, it was a pretty damn cool build up for Ulduar, it gave you a reason to go in there and save Thorim and kill Yogg Saron.

EOE should have at the least required a nexus run. The whole story behind nexus, in particularly Keristraza revolved around Malygos.

If you work the attunement into the instances or quests you do to get gear to do the raid in question is doesn't seem as bad.

-Attunement for Blackwing Lair, run UBRS and kill General. Not like I wouldn't do that anyway to get my dungeon tier chest from General and other good drops.
    -Attunement to Molten Core, turn right after the Seven Dwarves and grab the core fragment, not exactly hard and it's on the way to the Lyceum.
    -Attunement to Onyxia, run UBRS multiple times to kill bosses and trash for drops, again, not like I wouldn't already be running this dungeon multiple times anyway for gear.

-Attunement for Kara, a few fed ex quests, plus a few normal dungeon runs. Not like I couldn't have teed up these dungeon runs while leveling.

Now the BC attunements get fun, or frustrating depending on your view.

-Attunement to SSC, run kara and kill Nightbane, which in itself requires running several Heroics, and killing Gruul.
    -Attunement to TK, rather long and elaborate quest chain in Shadowmoon valley (most of which you would probably have done while leveling) followed by running some of the harder Heroics, and defeating Magtheridon
    -Attunement to Mount Hyjal, collecting the vials from Vashj (SSC) and Kael'thalas(TK), which despite both being 25 mans, intially only drops 2 vials per week.
    -Attunement to black temple, quest chain in shadowmoon, followed by running several heroics, then SSC, then TK, then Hyjal

I wasn't so happy about the BC attunements that required I run previous content raid to be attuned as at the time, BC raids weren't as faceroll as some of Wrath's were, BC had rather huge cock blocks.

In wrath terms this would have required you to kill Yogg to do TOC, which is a shame since Yogg was harder than most of, if not all of TOC.

A few quests that I can do while leveling or do while a run a heroic to get gear to do the raid is a fine enough attunement for me.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyberes View Post
    bring em back, but don't make them manditory
    Without insulting you personally, what the hell is your reasoning for this?!

Its like saying hey hardcore raider you must progress through ICC 5mans to show your skills/honour before facing the test of ICC 25 - but its ok fresh 80, you dont have to do this, walk right on in, clear 4/12 ICC25 with H lootship, get your epics and then sit in Dal for the rest of the day, spamming trade and complaning how easy this game has become.

I think if they were to bring back attunments, they should assign a rep requirment. This may mean you can only get into RaidX at revered with FactionX. Or only after completing an epic question chain (such as ICC 5 man attunment for HoR).

I am not suggesting hardcore attunments for Tier 1 raids, but later on in cata, I hope there is some form of restriction to seperate those who invest time in the game from those who play on weekends and expect to kill an end boss on heroic difficulty

Quote Originally Posted by u9k13tjc View Post
    Nope. as it blocks new players joining the game and limits their progression up to current content, and no new players = dying game.

People bitch about the emblem gear from Heroics, but thats done more for teh pug scene than anything else. Sure not all players are good. But now you can judge on skill, whereas before gear > skill. A decent play in emblem gear can perform perfectly well in a raid, now they get the chance to.
    Kara attunements weren't difficult though, they required you to run a few Heroics, something people who wish to PuG raids should be doing before raiding anyway... Attunements got a really bad rep in BC largely because the Black Temple attunements required you to down bosses that were harder than the first few bosses actually in Black Temple...

Blizzard has expressed that they want people to run Heroics before Raiding anyway, attunements would just make it mandatory, rather than having fresh 85s trying to jump into a raid in all greens/blues.

bring it back but make it a "one time only" thing, meaning you only must do it one time per account for access
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

Attunements would be fine if they were BOA and not mind numblingly boring grinds. It's the go kill this a 100 times or go farm 100 of these or get this off a boss but only one per group/raid drops that are why a lot of people who hate attunements never want them back. Make them interesting and make them compelling, just don't make them into another time sink. We've got enough of those to do without piling more worthless crap on it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    There was stuff I liked about them and things I hated. If I were to bring them back these would be some of my requirements / changes.

1. Must be account bound. Simply mail a key to all characters, much like the core hound pup. Every new character will have a key waiting for them. Stick these keys in the keyring and forget about them forever. What could be simpler?

2. Attunements not required, but encouraged via special rewards or bosses. I'm thinking of bosses like Nightbane in Karazhan. Not everyone needed to be able to summon him, but it was always a bummer when no one could. Add a unique boss to each dungeon that can only be unlock by those with the attunement key in their keyring.

3. Don't make them incredibly complicated. This might be easier to avoid now with the built in quest helper, but running around looking for Rexxar for hours wasn't fun. Don't make quests epic by making them mind numbingly difficult.

I think that would just about solve an problems I had with them.

Personally I've always disliked attunements and do not want to see them back. That being said, given the large number of people that do seem to like them there's always the chance they could come back. If that were the case I would absolutely hope for them to be BOA or better yet a guild attunement.