Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    I am currently playing through the WC3 campaign again. I am gonna miss Cairne so much.
    I need a Cairne grave!

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't call it Cataclysm for nothing!
    Unofficial Playable Sethrak Thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2796109?page=1

Deleted
    from the race intro of the tauren, i´ll get the impression, that blizz tries to let all new tauren players think, that garrosh is the bad dude who was responsible for the death of their beloved chieftain.
    maybe a reflexion of what the people of mulgore are supposed to think of the orcs?

i´m honestly a little bit confused what relationship orcs and tauren now have.
    cairne made a bloodoath to the orcs, he himself said that the tauren only can thank them with blood, which more or less he (i know very well that grimtotems are the bad guys) paid it.

also, tauren are the guardians of nature and balance. they recognized the orcs as spiritual brethren, but now what the orcs currently are doing goes against it. in addition to the deforestation now there´s azhara and the war they started should´nt be to good for balance as well. look at orgrimmar, every race gets their own "destrict". the tauren one would look like a jail when they shut the gate. on the other hand, garrosh is not disrespectful, he learned "mercy" from the tauren chieftain at stonetalon...

currently only the trolls could be seen as a true allie to the tauren, the relationship with the orcs is difficult. the quality of their trust towards goblins, bloodelves and the forsaken should be obvious.

No race is in a particularly good situation come Cataclysm. The Night Elves also seem to have it really bad. A ton of environmental damage, the Horde invading from several locations, elementals on the loose, Forsaken & Twilight Cultists in Darkshore...

Deleted
    Least us Tauren have the Taunka

Yes, a life of a cow is very difficult in the world...... of warcraft. They are getting extinct
    Last edited by Siron; 2010-09-26 at 12:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siron View Post
    Yes, a life of a cow is very difficult in the world...... of warcraft. They are getting extincted
    extincted?

Yea, the Tauren are definitely running into problems, but I don't think their issues are significantly worse then several other races.

As for your specific points.
    1. The quillboar have always been somewhat of a threat, and are being pushed back.
    2. True, but Baine has stepped up to fill that position and does it well. Besides, Carine isn't the only leader to be replaced in Cataclysm.
    3. Megatha tries and fails. Plenty of other capitals suffer massive attacks around the time of the Cataclysm, so this isn't really unusual.
    4. I wouldn't really count that as an attack on the Tauren. That particular grove was more Night Elf oriented and the general who ordered it gets dropped off a cliff, so it's not exactly an event that's going to be repeated.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

I'd like to know how an elderly tauren female got away with killing the chieftain?

Tauren aren't the only ones in store for tough times. Take some time to check out Jesse Cox's new videos for Teldrassil and Dark Shore and you'll get an idea of just how dire things are for the night elves. But they at least have Malfurion back to help them through it so that counts for something.

EDIT: Bottom line, EVERYONE is suffering due to the Cataclysm. Some might be suffering more than others though, such as the tauren and the night elves, and let's not forget that the goblins and worgen both lost their homes. And before some dickhead comes in raging "At least goblins have a new home in Azshara!" Yeah, that's because they don't have much choice. Unlike Gilneas, the goblin home island was completely destroyed. Gilneas is still at least accessible, and worgen are still fighting to take it back rather than settle somewhere else like the goblins had to. So shut the fuck up with that shit before it even comes out of your mouth, nublets!
    Last edited by willjones410; 2010-09-26 at 01:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willjones410 View Post
    So shut the fuck up with that shit before it even comes out of your mouth, nublets!
    Bit rude aint it?

also the worgen are being threatend so are the tauren.
    Goblins already lost their home and have a new one.
    Last edited by mmoc4630fd05f7; 2010-09-26 at 01:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    due to a recent outbreak of swine flu all pigs and boars have been slain....therefor...the new dish of the expansion pack is beef...

Quote Originally Posted by stingc2 View Post
    Bit rude aint it?

also the worgen are being threatend so are the tauren.
    Goblins already lost their home and have a new one.
    Isn't that what I just said? :P

The goblin homelands are destroyed, so they are forced to build a new home. Gilneas is still reclaimable, so worgen choose to fight for it instead of finding someplace else. That's why I think anyone who whines about "worgen getting less than goblins" in Cataclysm is retarded.

To anyone who has an issue with me being "rude", here's some advice: be less dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by tilatequila View Post
    The tauren race is looking fairly grim at the moment in cata! more then any other race i believe so..

*The cataclysm disturbed the razorfen guys (sorry i dont know thier names haha) causing them to go at war with the tauren
    *Alliance destroyed thier outpost in the barrens almost making it to mulgore until a massive gate was built to stop them
    *Death of the chieftan Cairne due to the fury of garrosh and poison of magatha.
    *Magatha grimtotem trying to take over thunderbluff for herself
    *Druid village (of nelfs and tauren) bombed in stonetalon mountains

opinions?

Well, every race has some sort of new problem in their starting zone, though the tauren one is very grim indeed.
    The Alliance did destroy Taurajo, and most of the deaths (only 4 deaths total) were tauren. But they got a new camp or two near the borders of both barrens. (And new town in Feralas as well)
    If the Horde can survive without Thrall, the tauren will without Cairne, though he was the pinnacle of awesome and its sad that they have not explained his death with visuals, in-game. (quest series plz)
    Magatha Grimtotem got her rear kicked.
    And that was neutral village.

The Tauren just gotta keep on mooving.

(I think I just failed interwebz)

Is someone going to res Cairne already? He clearly isn't going to run back...

Deleted
    Most of the things you brought up are dealt with in the Tauren starting zone. (Razormane and Grimtotem leaders in the area get killed and Thunderbluff has already been "saved" when you get there)