Thread: Making Gold!

Deleted

Making Gold!

Hai!

I've been playing wow since the release of wrath, and I really haven't bumped into gold trouble -- until now.

I'm leveling a shadowpriest (58 now) and I have spent quite a lot of gold on dualspec, gear, professions and stuff.

So -- her professions are Alchemy (351) and Herbalism (80-90, cant remember). I also have a 80 druid with 450/450 hrbalism, and a paladin with 450 mining and 450 JCing (almost no epic recipies, just 20 crit, 10 str + 10 crit and 30 stam)

So. I have like 10 gold, and soon I'll have to buy flying, flying mount, cold wether flying, epic flying training and epic flying mount.

So -- how should I get some gold fast without sacrificing too much time? I'm considering doing a few JC dailies to get a few dragon eyes so i can get normal flying; then, when I ding 68 (required level for alch specilazation(spelling)..) I choose to be a ???? master, and then I level up herbing so I can make flasks for all those herbs I herb in Northrend.

Got any other ideas or strategies that might help?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by mmocec95b0aeea; 2010-09-26 at 06:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    you will get easy 100g per day with alchemy 450, get the most used JC recipes, SP, PS+spirit, SP+haste,int,haste,strenght, agility, AP, ARP,stam,def, then the rest

---------- Post added 2010-09-26 at 02:56 AM ----------

i heard farming fel iron ore worth it,farming saronite and transmute to titanium worth it,selling dragon eye worth it

Deleted
    Which spec should I choose with alch?

Become an engineer..

But on topic, get Alc maxed and become a flask master, and get x4+ per Flask.. The highest I ha proc once was 10, for the price of 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    Casual gamer is bound by self limitation. Hardcore gamer is stopped only by outside limitations (such as jobs/school, stuff that is necessity).

Deleted
    Does anyone know if Scroll of Encahtn Weapon: Spellpower (30 sp on heirloom) sells good? it sells for 500g+ on my server, and I can get the mats for less than 200.

This is what im currently doing now.

Use Herbalism to get to about 1k gold.
    Buy mats for the kings amber transmute, about 10 days worth.
    Slowly build up gold, Get that 2nd alchemy to 450
    Even farm as you get ur gold, if you want it faster.

You'll have 6-7k in no time.

Deleted
    Awesome idea, LeeroySham. Lova ya. <3

Any other ideas?

You could just run your 80's through a dozen dailies or so. 13G each (plus 10 in the bag for those argent ones). Takes 45 min or so but you should make 150-200G per toon plus junk drops. You can grind out even more if you have the patience to do the max number per day. And farm nodes while you travel.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    Does anyone know if Scroll of Encahtn Weapon: Spellpower (30 sp on heirloom) sells good? it sells for 500g+ on my server, and I can get the mats for less than 200.

I bought this yesterday for 8k
    It's quite rare and I wanted it for 100% completion of my enchanting book.

the gold is cheap?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip2828 View Post
    I bought this yesterday for 8k
    It's quite rare and I wanted it for 100% completion of my enchanting book.
    It's rare, but not that rare in my server. I have been selling the scrolls for a month, and there are 5-6 other enchanters who sell it too. The AH price can change 100G from one day to another. I could only sell one of these a week, so there is not high demand, or someone undercuts me all the time. Btw I bought it around 4k, for completion too, but if I have it might as well profit from it

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketfeller View Post
    I'm going to disagree with everyone else here and say spec Transmute mastery for alchemy. Then you can get extra procs off of transmuting meta gems for your JC and you'll be able to smelt Saronite ore into bars, then transmute them into Titanium to make Titansteel bars. On a medium population server, titansteel production alone can net you upwards of 5kg a day.
    I actually also suggested Transmute Master, but alright.

Update us on how your going OP.

Deleted
    I'm going to disagree with everyone else here and say spec Transmute mastery for alchemy. Then you can get extra procs off of transmuting meta gems for your JC and you'll be able to smelt Saronite ore into bars, then transmute them into Titanium to make Titansteel bars. On a medium population server, titansteel production alone can net you upwards of 5kg a day.
    By everyone else you mean that one person who said flask master? :P

But yes I agree with you, right now, at this stage of the expansion transmute is definitely the way to go, but early on and midway through and expansion, flask master can quite easily make as much and more than transmute whilst requiring less work on the side of the player.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    farm Converted Heroes in Icecrown while waiting for Random BG queues and use the honour you get from the BG's to buy gems and sell on the ah. The converted heroes give a healthy ammount per hour. Or you can just " play the auction house"
    Insert Signiture here.

Deleted
    I think it's too early to tell whether or not flask or Xmute will make more in Cata. It really depends on the cooldown involved in the transmutation process. If we're able to have unlimited transmutes from the common ore, to the uncommon, to the rare as we do now (Saronite->Titanium->Titansteel) I'd put my gold on Xmute to crank out the big bucks. However, if we have to wait 20 hours again like the start of LK, Flask will win out.

But with Xmutes you'll also be able to make your own meta gems provided you have a JC, which will help you level both quickly and affordably.

I have a very strong feeling that they will, like in Wrath, not do unlimited transmutes until very very late into the expansion on stuff like that. So I am still sticking with flask be the best money spinner.

Buy the bold cardinal ruby cut asap, with ArP being changed into crit, I know for a fact warriors are going to be needing them like mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

cheap and easy way to make money is to farm loremaster as alot of the crappy quest rewards etc can easy hit 10-20g and then that doesnt include the money you make from drops while doing the quests

Deleted
    If you need lots of easy gold you buy stuff from AH and sell for profit. People go farm and they want to sell quick so they put them on ah for cheap, thats when you buy them.If you see someone listing an item over and over again for example herbs.Contact him and try to buy for a bulk price.Then you can craft you flasks for even cheaper.

Definitely definitely go transmute spec. The CD on transmuting epic gems is being taken out in 4.0 and that will be the major money maker. Stock up on mats now.
    Why do people with closed minds always have open mouths?

Bad Idea - since 4.0 best will be +22 Intellect

---------- Post added 2010-10-12 at 08:14 PM ----------

... something really wrong - player with 2 80 lev toons has only 10g ..... and u wanted us to think that is true? Theoretically possible - but seems more like simply lazy person