Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    so, the justice points we get from the conversion of our current emblems will (while capped at 4400 or so?) enable us to buy a couple of level 85 items on the fly at 85? awesome. then i might start grinding some more emblems.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparfunk View Post
    so, the justice points we get from the conversion of our current emblems will (while capped at 4400 or so?) enable us to buy a couple of level 85 items on the fly at 85? awesome. then i might start grinding some more emblems.
    Soft Cap at 4.0.1 with the conversion at 4000 points, meaning that when your emblems get converted you can get more than 4000, but you wont be able to get more points until you drop below 4000
    Hard Cap at 4.0.3 as in if you have more than 4000 at that point they will get converted to gold
    Last edited by ordhor; 2010-09-27 at 12:29 PM. Reason: added this info on main post

Deleted
    ok, i might grind out some then. although i expect one boss kill being the 15 or so points it is now, it will probably be much more at 85, so i might just carry on buying heirlooms and just do the work at 85, id only be gaining 2 items, gloves and chest perhaps (going by front page prices), so its not a huge advantage. not one that cant be offset just by playing harder when im at 85 :P

Quote Originally Posted by ordhor View Post
    So people are wondering how long will they be filled with epics yet again in this new expansion. Well, seems Blizzard are trying to get away from the WOTLK welfare experience, ppl will have to actually work for them.
    You do realize, that this is the exact same as the other xpacs? The only difference is that you will be able to use your current emblems to start early on your max level gear for the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    You do realize, that this is the exact same as the other xpacs? The only difference is that you will be able to use your current emblems to start early on your max level gear for the next expansion.
    Don't know if you checked frontpage numbers, but like Sparfunk said you would only be able to get around 2 items, and they not epics, like it was at start of WOTLK where we would get iLevel 200 epics, equal gear of raiding, including some T7 gear.

And in Cata to get that kind of gear you will have to actually raid

Epics will feel epic again at least at start of the expansion

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epics will feel epic again at least at start of the expansion
    Yeah

When new content arrives, turn the previous tier gear into blues for lulz!

Deleted
    Gearing up in Cata will be exactly the same as in Wotlk. U'll get Valor Points (emblems of frost) for daily 5 men and raids and Justice Points from everything else. The best tier and epics will be obtained through Valor Points and tokens (only head and shoulders, in naxx was also pants and chest, so now it's even easier to get the tier), when a new set and new epics will be released u'll buy the old ones through JP. EXACTLY THE SAME of Wotlk, even easier. The only real difference will be that u won't overgear 10 men content like you do now (epics u buy are ilevel 264 and 10 men are 251 tuned) cause 10 and 25 will drop the same stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    I hope that scraps most of the raiders out. Also it's a good thing that when a content patch comes all Valor Points get converted to Heroism Points; once a raider gets the VP gear he needs, he doesn't need to farm for it anymore. Yey.
    Unless you can buy the new epic uncut gems as you can now on live.. then there will still be a need/reason to farm as a raider.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    Small point here...

You don't remember much of TBC do you? The heroic dungeon loot was exactly the same as we've had it in all of Wrath. The last boss always dropped an epic, 100%, every time.

*** TBC Heroic bosses also dropped CUT epic gems. ***

Go look at the loot tables if you don't believe me.
    The end bosses in TBC did not always drop an epic, did they? I mean it's been a long time so I don't remember for sure but that's really not how I recall it, allthough before badge gear was implemented heroics weren't really ran much except by raiders who wanted a fun challenge outside of raids.
    TBC heroic bosses dropping cut gems, now I know this ain't true. I would have remembered this as the only place you got epic gems were in BT (hyjal too? ain't 100% sure here) when they were implemented. As far as I can remember epic gems did not exist before BT (again, hyjal?). If heroic bosses in TBC did ever drop cut epic gems this was added in the welfare patches with badge gear and SWP. Because, it was after SWP launched that the epic gem vendor became available. You had to do some event thingy I don't really remember much about but I remember people being very excited about getting epic gems with ease, this is also when the prices for epic gems dropped and they became property of everyone instead of top raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    People doing 5 man's also have a right to enchant their gear with the best quality enchants they can get without having to rely on raiders to get them said mats. It's a huge increase in dps and those crystals are more then likely going to be required for almost every top end enchant and Blizz is not going to put that entire market into the hands of raiders. And from the amount of QQ that I hear from people on these forums about running pug heroics with players without enchants on their gear do you really think that reducing the amount of resources available for players is a good thing?
    Just, no. Can't you see what this "best enchants/gems/gear for everyone" system is doing to the way the game works? Why exactly should 5-man content award epic gear, epic enchanting materials and epic gems? No matter how you look at it 5-man dungeons/heroics are as it stands the easiest content at max level, if they award the best possible (or close to the best possible) materials and gear then there is no improvements made from progressing further, or very marginal ones.

Also, isn't it good that proffesions have a sense of progression aswell, that you can actually make uncommon, rare and epic quality enchants that require low, medium or large time investments to get? It's only fair that if you invest little time in the game your reward is little, it's only a mirror of your own efforts.

Well, maybe you shouldn't pug heroics. People did not pug heroics at the beggining of TBC, because frankly most people PUG'ing were doing so because they were incapable of being invited to a decent guild. PUG'ers were the people who were doing normal dungeons because that's what they were capable of, and that's how it should be. The player should have to improve in order to beat heroic content, the heroic content shouldn't be nerfed to suit the player.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaca View Post
    [...]TBC heroic bosses dropping cut gems, now I know this ain't true.[...]
    They do drop cutted gems, but only with a chance of dropping and they unique

Hoping to be like it was in TBC with chance of getting a epic in last boss instead of 100% drop like it is in WOTLK.
    Where the hell do you people keep getting this nonsense? All last bosses in TBC heroics dropped epics. Each and every one of them. Every time.

Stop spreading this misinformation around... it's getting really annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaca View Post
    The end bosses in TBC did not always drop an epic, did they? I mean it's been a long time so I don't remember for sure but that's really not how I recall it, allthough before badge gear was implemented heroics weren't really ran much except by raiders who wanted a fun challenge outside of raids.
    TBC heroic bosses dropping cut gems, now I know this ain't true. I would have remembered this as the only place you got epic gems were in BT (hyjal too? ain't 100% sure here) when they were implemented. As far as I can remember epic gems did not exist before BT (again, hyjal?). If heroic bosses in TBC did ever drop cut epic gems this was added in the welfare patches with badge gear and SWP. Because, it was after SWP launched that the epic gem vendor became available. You had to do some event thingy I don't really remember much about but I remember people being very excited about getting epic gems with ease, this is also when the prices for epic gems dropped and they became property of everyone instead of top raiders.

Just, no. Can't you see what this "best enchants/gems/gear for everyone" system is doing to the way the game works? Why exactly should 5-man content award epic gear, epic enchanting materials and epic gems? No matter how you look at it 5-man dungeons/heroics are as it stands the easiest content at max level, if they award the best possible (or close to the best possible) materials and gear then there is no improvements made from progressing further, or very marginal ones.

Also, isn't it good that proffesions have a sense of progression aswell, that you can actually make uncommon, rare and epic quality enchants that require low, medium or large time investments to get? It's only fair that if you invest little time in the game your reward is little, it's only a mirror of your own efforts.

Well, maybe you shouldn't pug heroics. People did not pug heroics at the beggining of TBC, because frankly most people PUG'ing were doing so because they were incapable of being invited to a decent guild. PUG'ers were the people who were doing normal dungeons because that's what they were capable of, and that's how it should be. The player should have to improve in order to beat heroic content, the heroic content shouldn't be nerfed to suit the player.
    hate to burst your bubble..but it will be just as wotlk..just ''harder'' dungeons