Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Things I enjoyed.

-Ulduar
    -Dual-spec
    -Heirlooms

Ulduar was so win, so much lore and excellent boss mechanics all in one raid instance.
    Dual-spec was awesome, gave us the ability to alternate between a healer and a tank or whatever you are.
    Heirlooms were also good. It made us not so squishy, enabled us to have more 80s.

10+ Year Old Account
    most has been said already, so i'll just add: vehicles! i think it's great what blizzard did with them, many different and creative features (for pvp, raids, quests,...).

LFG with his ups and downs. But mostly for the "special events". How lovely is it to have instant access to Coren Direbrew.

Naxx... I never saw it back in Vanilla so for me, it was a fun experience!

The hardmodes and special achivements in dungeon/raids. It was fun to add a twist to a normal fight!

And, of course, dual spec!

Cheers!

Jeff WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff WoW View Post
    LFG with his ups and downs. But mostly for the "special events". How lovely is it to have instant access to Coren Direbrew.

Naxx... I never saw it back in Vanilla so for me, it was a fun experience!

The hardmodes and special achivements in dungeon/raids. It was fun to add a twist to a normal fight!

And, of course, dual spec!

Cheers!

Jeff WoW
    first post, talking about wotlk in general and lfg tool in special, and no flaming.

you have a great future on these forums, boy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5 View Post
    I liked Ulduar and Trial of the Crusader.
    I don't know... The bosses were cool, and although a lot of people hated TotC, I thought be bosses were pretty well designed.
    I guess people hated it because it was so quick.
    I hate it mostly because it has no eye candy. Ulduar felt like a world within a world. ToC was just a circle.

Also, it felt odd having the enemy be our own factions. Our factions are working with each other, but we also kill each other when we step outside tournament grounds (at least on a PvP server) and we 'defeat' each other in the ring for the sake of slightly better gear. The Argent tournament really nerfed faction pride, and I'm glad that Cata is building it back up again.

So yes, the ToC boss mechanics were there, but what's the point of the 'raid'? And the Lich King...he just comes to smash the ice so we can kill one of his loyal henchmen while he disappears? It's like the raid team knew ToC was so boring that it would piss off players, so they threw him in as a reminder that ICC was still coming.

LFG for sure I enjoyed this xpac. Even though I hated the terrain of all the blue, it was still nice how they made an effort for casuals to experience more content, and for hardcore to benefit more from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Dual specs, thats about it.
    I do not believe you at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    -questing to a degree (like the variety)
    -the dungeons system
    -dual spec, and other various class changes

"What are we, if not slaves to this torment..." Sylvannas Windrunner, Former Ranger General of Quel'thalas.

-Achievements, really gave me something to do (Or atleast, sucked my life more than it was, whatever)
    -Everything in/about Ulduar.

That's about it I guess.

I enjoyed many things about WoTLK, but the main thing I loved was the introduction of cinematic scenes to the game.

Addition of in-game cinematics were a lot of fun. I enjoy machinima when it is done well, and with the Wrath Gate and death of Arthas, it was done well (imo).

Inclusion of the phasing system in many areas of the game.

Dual specs made raiding as a healer far easier to deal with. Not having to respec every day I wanted to do dailies was great.

Ulduar was a great deal of fun. Mimiron stays with me as one of the hardest, most interesting and fun individual fights in the game.

Making mounts and pets easier to collect. I invested in bigger bags in BC because I wanted to be able to ride whatever mount I felt like riding at the time.

Dual specs
    Discipline being a viable PvE spec
    Fun/easy tanking
    LFG tool
    All of the raids (including RS even though I've only beat it once because most of my guildies are terrible andthink they're epic because they can do crazy dps)
    Wintergrasp (post fix)
    Mounted Combat
    Heirlooms

I could go on but you get my point lol. On a side note though...too casual now, back in BC (when I started) it actually took skill to accomplish things; WotLK made everything too easy so play skill plummeted.

I really enjoyed the quests and the zones
    The Aesthetics were great too, alot better than the rainbow world of outland
    I also enjoyed doing heroic 5 mans at the start I found them to be alot more accessible than TBC heroics but were still a challenge unlike now (as someone pointed out earlyeir fighting loken even on just normal was a wipefest the first time I did it)

Quote Originally Posted by vazar_da_priest View Post
    i hope that's not the reason they hated TOC...because that's how Cata's raids will be. nice a quick, no 12 boss raid instances anymore
    they hated toc because it was a circle.. a circle that we had to do FOUR times a week it was boring is like Icc now ..you do it a lot you get bored.. but in TOC you complete it in like an hour and then you got to do it three more times :s but what annoyed me the most it was because anub came back with no back story no Azjol Nerub raid and i really liked Anub T_T ...he is being discriminated because this spinal condition again >=( !!! (spider pride >8<!)
    but well forgetting about that i did liked Wotlk =)
    10-25 man (even thou if you did a 25 man you overgeared the 10 man version but is changin in cata!)
    LFG tool totally love it
    Dual spect ( finally =D!!!)
    Talent trees finally got a looooooooooot better and we got better rotations
    The Tiers *w* i luv my shoveltusk in my shoulders :3 ( excludin T9 for shamans >_> )
    The graphics ( like mind flay drain life =D )
    the new druid skins (i am surprised no one said anything about tha.. bad durids D:!!! )
    i saw arthas in quests
    and i got a wyrm =D
    a lot more i liked the xpac ^^
    Last edited by diox990; 2010-09-27 at 02:27 AM.
    sunshine avatar is so awesome *w*!.... <3
    http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/7494/chopperoo.jpg
    (Sig too large)

@ diox990, yeah I forgot about the change in graphics to some spells and abilities. That was nice.

Thanks to LRCollier for sig.
    100% Altoholic ;D

ULDUAR still my favorite and probably will always be my favorite raid ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like vehicles :P i just like the feeling of driving a tank through alot of mobs.

I liked a lot of things about WOTLK, i hate how everyone hates it so much.. though, certain things... did get old, fast. but. hmm..

-Ulduar, best raid of the expansion for sure, better than ICC for sure, it had a lot of life in it.. but sadly it went to fast.

-Dual specs, fantastic addition.. saved me thousands of gold, time, etc..

-I really liked the Arthas quests, it was nice to see some lore that lead up to the final raid.

-Achievements, fun, life sucking, wewt.

-parts of NR were very cool to quest in, sholozar for example.

there are a few more things, but they're minor and small. Yes, Wotlk had it's drawbacks, but it was a good expansion overall

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how Wrath made the game more casual, while still making it kinda hard (4 hours for my guild to down Sindy... I lost like 400g that night...)
    Tabards for Rep. Made the game less grindy.
    RDF, A fucking god send. No more "Lf Dungeon cycle, starting at VH..."
    Paladins and DK's in 3.1. Lolz... Op-ness for the winz...
    Actually having to read each and every talent to know whether or not your spec was good.
    Phasing and scripted quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Level 80, VoA And Wintergrasp..