Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuuralihn View Post
    the trainers instead of portals are there so ppl that lvl through Outland dont have to go back to
    Azeroth to buy new skills and stuff.
    Such people need to do it more rarely than other people who want to get from one side of the continent to another.

I don't know how to Blue Quote but:
    The reason the portals from Shattrath were not removed from Outland when Wrath of the Lich King released is that there was a new central hub with portals to all major cities in Northrend. There is no longer a neutral city hub which both factions will be using in Cataclysm. We want to ensure visiting the major faction capitals is still the most attractive thing to do in Cataclysm, rather than having people use Shattrath and Dalaran as easy connector hubs.

To make up for this, we'd like to add class trainers and Auctioneers in Shattrath and Dalaran for those leveling through The Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King content.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/26859...portal-change/

Well thats stupid. I know they want to encourage travel and all, but how is traveling from Shattrath to Orgrimmar remotely fun. That's essentially flying all the way to the Dark Portal, porting into Blasted Lands, flying to Stranglethorn and Zeppelin'ing there. That will get very old, very fast, even to people who support this. It will be the same with Dalaran. Flying to Borean Tundra for your respect boat/zeppelin. The class trainers fix it I suppose, but it is still impractical for free-travel, plus it will clog mages up with constant whispers begging for portals every 30 seconds. If they're to remove city portals, they should simply scrap mage portals then, as that is a huge advantage over the rest of the 9 classes. I don't see how implementing such a massive strain to travel to 9 classes except for 1 is a good idea.

At least Orgrimmar's Zeppelins are right in the middle, I guess. I'd hope that Stormwind has a portal to Teldrassil for our Alliance home-skillitz.

But really, Dalaran and Shattrath are just stupid now for when you want to go there at the higher levels to enjoy the old content, help friends, get ore and herbs, level skinning etc. I can understand wanting to keep people leveling in Outland and Northrend actually in outland and northrend but it isn't very smart.

Overall, I like this change. The only part that concerns me is Shattrath/Outland.

If you're in Dalaran, the rest of the world is just a short flight and a boat ride away. If you're in Shattrath, the only way out (without teleporting or hearthing) is to fly to the Dark Portal, get to your nearest flight point, and fly to a city.

If you're Alliance, flying to Stormwind isn't such a big deal. If you're Horde (and I usually play Horde) then that means going to Booty Bay to wait for another boat to get to Ratchet to take another flight. Or, I can just fly from Blasted Lands to Undercity.

Neither of those sound very appealing.

Even so, Outland is a small part of the game and if I have to take that trip for 10 levels then so be it. However, at least a portal to Orgrimmar/Stormwind in Shattrath (I don't think Dalaran is so necessary) would be nice. Heck, they could make it a portal to Silvermoon and Exodar if they want. Maybe they'd get used more.

Deleted
    Very nice for jewelcrafters also when you are in outlands.
    Fly to the dark portal, go through it, run to nethergarde keep, fly to booty bay, take boat to barrens, fly to auberdine, take boat to the exodar.
    O wait, auberdine gets destroyed.
    or from nethergarde, fly to sw, take boat to auberdine, take boat to the exodar.

so there's portals in sw/org to all the new zones AND the other cities? well that officially removes all value to my dalaran ring, was going to use it for quick access to uldum, but that's clearly unnecessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Valakin View Post
    I think this is stupid. Mages will become rich, and blizzard will get lots of unhappy mail from unhappy "travelers"
    Methinks math isn't your best skill.