10+ Year Old Account

Ruins of Gilneas in Cataclysm

What purpose does this zone play in the game? I know that the Battle for Gilneas won't be an outdoor PvP area. That's the job of Tol Barad. So what purpose does it serve? Will the Alliance/Horde quest there or something? Or is it just a nice empty space to have like the Fallen Kingdom?

"With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember seeing some Jesse Cox videos of Silverpine questing, and you go into Gilneas, just a bit though, for some quests.

Maybe that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    You're right. Blizzard shouldn't have temporarily banned you. They should have sent a couple employees to your residence to Jay and Silent Bob you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I saved a man's life today by performing brain surgery and removing a tumor the size of a quarter from his frontal lobes. God damnit I wish I wasn't ignorant though, cause I have no idea what an LSAT is. I don't know the radius of the Moon either.
    I took part in the LSAT/Cataclysm release date thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess that's better then nothing. Just wondering why that zone would be completely empty. Future plans? Or the next Crystalsong Forest?

"With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter

I wish Worgen and Gobbos got minor city hubs.

Perhaps later the Worgen will have a "Take back Gilneas from the Undead for glory of the Alliance!"

And Gobbos would get "Oi, let's build us a brand new Pleasure Palace for all Goblins!"
    SUPPORT W.O.L.F.! (WORGEN-OPTIONS LIBERATION FRONT)

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    It seems it'll end up like the DK starting area is currently. Unpopulated, and looking like the final phase of the chain.

If it's a small daily hub for both factions, that will be plenty to make me happy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Silver View Post
    I guess that's better then nothing. Just wondering why that zone would be completely empty. Future plans? Or the next Crystalsong Forest?
    Crystalsong was only left as empty as it was because Dalaran turned into a huge, CPU-gobbling monster.