Thread: Early December?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Early December?

Ok since the other thread is a little misleading.

None of this is official. Until you hear it out of the creators them self.

Here are my thoughts.

(Before you go off saying i don't know what i am talking about not true i have worked for gaming companies in the past and know how a lot of the process works)

PTR - 4.0.1 Yes its buggy and there are problems. This is not the final patch build, Blizzard already has this and it is complete. How you say? Internal testers, before the patch even hits us people have already tested it they simply put it on PTR for people to test out how it will react in a bigger population of gamers. The bugs you find are fixed already there done.

OK so that ends 4.0.1.

Beta Build - People who are saying its still buggy, it's still messed up, think about how long it was on Alpha testing.... a long time. They sent out random invites to test the game on a bigger server with more people and to test out how the downloading goes. Trust me when i say this is no where near the final build blizzard has right now. The version they have is far ahead of the one on beta.

Cataclysm is done guys its finished with maybe a few minor issues that can be fixed internally. Cataclysm will not come out perfect there will be bugs and that's what patches are for.

----------------------

My final saying is

4.0.1 - Oct 5th

4.0.3 - Week before Cata

Cataclysm - Nov 16th at the latest

I am an active streamer, who runs occasional giveaways!

Deleted
    I reckon they've encountered a lot more work that they still have to do and instead of releasing broken QQ enducing content, they're going to be smart and finish it before release. Honestly I'll be surprised if it's even out by christmas.

Most companies at the end of a development cycle go into what is called hard crunch time . Basically employees are pretty much forced to work until there work assignment for that day is finished ( could take you 16 + hours in crunch mode ) but just seeing how long development time takes at that company I don't think they do crunch time ...so not surprising they are going to take longer then expected .

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
    I reckon they've encountered a lot more work that they still have to do and instead of releasing broken QQ enducing content, they're going to be smart and finish it before release. Honestly I'll be surprised if it's even out by christmas.
    Like i said cataclysm is done i can guarantee it. And second 4.0.1 can release this Tuesday cause we have almost all of it downloaded already via the BG down-loader a simple restart can make us sign in and get the final part.

No clue why they're making us wait even LONGER. 30 days cannot possible change much more than like, shipping to the game stores.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaq62VCcnew
    Nevar 4get Exarch Cyn.
    The Horde and The Alliance haven't changed since Warcraft 2. Pandaren are the first true change to either faction for 12 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordRayken View Post
    No clue why they're making us wait even LONGER.
    Because... the game isn't finished?

30 days cannot possible change much more than like, shipping to the game stores.
    Now that's just silly, think how much stuff changes with each new beta build, and those are (generally) weekly.

No clue why they're making us wait even LONGER. 30 days cannot possible change much more than like, shipping to the game stores.
    Dude its not an official date man nothing they said is confirmed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Like I said before 4.0 will come on Oct 26th :P

Ty Magic 8-Ball

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
    I hope it's out before Christmas, because by then ICC will have been out for a year, and that's just unacceptable to me. There was about a 5-7 month window between patch 2.4 (SWP) and the release of patch 3.0.2 (Wrath content patch). If Cata is delayed until December 14th, that will be a year to the day since 3.3 came out, and people are bored with ICC, and hardly anyone does the Ruby Sanctum on my server. If it does end up delayed that long, then Blizzard dropped the ball imo. Several of my guilds better players have quit playing for now until Cataclysm comes out, and I have to say that the prospect of waiting 2-3 more months for the new content is a bit depressing, given how bored I am with the current content.

---------- Post added 2010-09-27 at 03:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reaperxx View Post
    Like i said cataclysm is done i can guarantee it. And second 4.0.1 can release this Tuesday cause we have almost all of it downloaded already via the BG down-loader a simple restart can make us sign in and get the final part.
    Here's hoping your optimism pays off, dude. I wish I had yours, but mine is slowly slipping. Doing the same boring raid every week gets soul-crushing after nearly a year. Now I know how people in classic felt, I suppose.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2nd-(with-link)

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...oming-in-Nov-2

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...wo-more-months

There are 3 topics on the first two pages on the topic of the release date, 2 currently strongly in discussion and in focus about said topic, and tell me, why couldn't you post this there, or continue on with the existing threads and discussions?
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by Punks View Post
    Like I said before 4.0 will come on Oct 26th :P

Ty Magic 8-Ball
    You says this yet 4.0 is done. We have almost all if it downloaded man.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still saying no earlier than November 23rd.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I already put money on Nov 22.

They haven't "gone gold" or announced the official release date yet. No "final numbers pass" has been made yet. Printing/pressing and distribution takes weeks. It will be late November, just in time for Black Friday.

Deleted
    What happened to blizzard not wanting to release big new content over the Christmas holiday? Isn't that why the second wing of ICC took 4 weeks to open?

Cata isnt finished, no raids out or tested, buggy instances, buggy quests, buggy items. can take awhile to fix that.

4.0 isnt all finished, sure we are downloading the bulk of it but the last part is the part that includes all the changes that are on the PTR currently and in the future.

Probs late nov. although I do hope its early dec for holidays

It comes when it comes. Rather a succesful cata with a longer wait(even tho noone said it would get a nov release at all), then a 2 month long QQ over bugs/unbalance and other sorts of shit.

In my concern they can wait till jan, just make it worth the while, meanwhile i'll be in ICC 2 days a week, suggest you start play less aswell if your not happy with our current content!

It's delayed because they need to fix resto druids :<

Quote Originally Posted by Finalwish View Post
    Cata isnt finished, no raids out or tested, buggy instances, buggy quests, buggy items. can take awhile to fix that.

4.0 isnt all finished, sure we are downloading the bulk of it but the last part is the part that includes all the changes that are on the PTR currently and in the future.

Probs late nov. although I do hope its early dec for holidays

Raids are just fine they just haven't been released to us yet they have already been tested by there internal team. And bugs can seriously take 1 day to fix with all the people working on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just give us a release date Blizzard. I don't care when it is, i'm just so tired of speculation threads

Later it is means the game will be less buggy, balanced and a enjoyable experience on live. But hopefully they dont pull off a TBC Release.