New Tier can't be completely obtained from running heroics

If you look at the pictures posted of the new valor point gear, the helm and shoulders each require a token, where the other three pieces can be bought by valor points. So it looks like you will have to raid to get your four piece in cataclysm, which I think is a great thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcbound View Post
    If you look at the pictures posted of the new valor point gear, the helm and shoulders each require a token, where the other three pieces can be bought by valor points. So it looks like you will have to raid to get your four piece in cataclysm, which I think is a great thing.
    The thing is you can buy the token with Valor points

You had to raid to get your 4-piece in WotLK as well for Naxx and Ulduar.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can't get Valor Points from heroics at all besides the daily.

It will take many months to get enough points from the daily heroic to get raiding gear.

Yep In fact, this is the first time the badges from 5-mans don't give epic gear! Although they will when the next tier of raiding is out.

I do not see anywhere on the picture where you can buy the token actually, and I know that you had to raid in early wotlk just to get tier. It seemed that they were getting away from this. I think this is a nice compromise. If you do your dailies etc, you can get your 2 piece, but it is impossible to get your 4 piece without raiding. Similar to how you cannot get your shoulders in pvp unless you reach a very high rating.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like that you can buy tier gear at all! Hehe, oh well.
    Last edited by Porimlys; 2010-09-27 at 10:13 AM.

You only get valor from raiding anyway, so you're not going to get any tier by spamming 5 mans it seems.

I thought you also got valor points from the daily heroic, just like you get frost badges in wrath. I agree it takes a long time to get them. I am guessing the tokens will only drop off the end bosses of a raid, so in order to get your four piece you will have to have cleared at least one raid. Alright, not too big of a deal, but I know people were complaining in wrath that it was technically possible for people to get their 4 piece by never stepping into a raid (which rarely if ever happened since most of wrath content is puggable).

shucks does this mean people will have to Raid to get Raiding gear again??

Quote Originally Posted by Arcbound View Post
    I do not see anywhere on the picture where you can buy the token actually, and I know that you had to raid in early wotlk just to get tier. It seemed that they were getting away from this. I think this is a nice compromise. If you do your dailies etc, you can get your 2 piece, but it is impossible to get your 4 piece without raiding. Similar to how you cannot get your shoulders in pvp unless you reach a very high rating.
    It's not like they're "getting away" from giving epics in heroics, they just don't want to make entry level raid gear easily obtainable at the start of the expansion.

When later content patches come it, you'll defiantly see lower ilevel epics becoming easier to obtain to control balance and avoid extreme item gaps, which is why they're sticking with the 'Valor rewards available on Justice vendor' as new content patches come out.

I also like how the boots are bind on equip just like the bracers were in wrath. It makes have multiple toons at 85 profitable as well as useful to gear up your main.