Falling into the Vortex

Not sure how old this is, but it's new to me. If you fall into the swirling vortex in Darkshore it will port you to a small cavern named the "Bashal'Aran Collapse." There is a demon hunter inside, as well as an NPC to port you back out:

I checked the vortex in Stranglethorn, to see if there was a similar cavern. Alas, it's just normal water at the bottom:

They may add something there in the future, though, since it seems pretty silly not to. With the vortex in Vashj'ir leading to the Abyssal Maw, and now the one in Darkshore leading to a cave, it seems only reasonable that the STV vortex will lead somewhere as well.

Strange that you survived the vortex in STV. When i did that two weeks ago i died.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsesakama View Post
    They may add something there in the future, though, since it seems pretty silly not to. With the vortex in Vashj'ir leading to the Abyssal Maw, and now the one in Darkshore leading to a cave, it seems only reasonable that the STV vortex will lead somewhere as well.
    It would make more sense to not have every whirlpool go somewhere, for the same reason it'd be silly if every waterfall had a secret cave behind it. It's just not cool if it's everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemming81 View Post
    It would make more sense to not have every whirlpool go somewhere, for the same reason it'd be silly if every waterfall had a secret cave behind it. It's just not cool if it's everywhere.
    It would make plenty of sense, since a gigantic persistent vortex wouldn't exactly form in such a location without something that it's actively draining into underneath it.

awesome find =O
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemming81 View Post
    I would agree with you, except that all three of these portals look the same, and Blizzard rarely adds things without a reason.

were not in kansas anymore

Ha i couldn't help looking at your album , one question, pleasure palace? where is gallywix and who is this new trade prince with all the money, or are blizzard making the 'trade prince' a thrown around leadership role for a unique look on leaders for the goblins.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahelenek View Post
    were not in kansas anymore
    That was a tornado.

Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    Ha i couldn't help looking at your album , one question, pleasure palace? where is gallywix and who is this new trade prince with all the money, or are blizzard making the 'trade prince' a thrown around leadership role for a unique look on leaders for the goblins.
    Not all the NPCs are there yet. There will probably be a lot more by release, including Gallywix.