Thread: T11 Stat Values

T11 Stat Values

I think Blizzard made a small oversight with Elemental T11 stats as well as Balance druid T11; They have no hit rating on any tier piece. Hunters have 1 piece with hit rating, EVERY other DPS class has 2 pieces with hit rating.

Obviously it's beta, but I think we should have at least 1 pieces of tier with hit rating on it. I can't remember any class that didn't have hit rating on at least 1 piece of tier gear.

Off-pieces with spirit are our hit + reforging if needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Total Biscuit
    I don't want the game nerfed to my level,
    I want to rise myself to the level of the game.

Deleted
    It won't be a problem seeing as most spell mail/leather will have spirit on it (hit), as well as the option to pick up "healer" rings, trinkets and so on.

Hit capping as elemental, boomkin, or even shadow priest is not going to be very hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I recently sent my druid to the PTR, first thing I noticed? He has 25% hit..................

Yeah, so i went ahead and took off all gear with hit of any sort.....this left me with 18% from just the spirit on my 264/277 gear. I'm guessing we will have to reforge some of the spirit off this set just to stay at hit cap for t11 content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Wiyld, PTR doesn't mean anything for Cataclysm. The stat values wont be the same as they are now.

I'll repost what I said in the thread above this one

At level 85, it takes 153.645 hit rating to gain 1% hit. If we use every piece of Justice Point gear (the mail spell DPS pieces on the front page) we'll have 8.46% (9.46% with racial) hit rating. That is from 1 weapon, 1 shield, 6 armor slots, and 1 neck. 5 of those 6 armor slots are where we could wear tier pieces. If we have 18 item slots and we get 8.46% hit from half of them, every single item we wear will have to have spirit or hit rating.

Oh, if we add in the epic "heal" items, we'll have a total of 11.67% (12.67% with racial) hit rating. This is from another 4 items, cloak, relic, finger, and boots.

If we expect to wear our tier pieces, I don't think we'll be able to reforge the other pieces of our gear in order to reach the hit cap.

@ Rahdik:

It sounds more like we'll be stuck with wearing mostly non-set epics that Resto Shaman will be bitching at us about for "taking from them" and staring at our tier set wishing we could equip it without falling under the hit cap. How does this setup change how things are in Wrath? It seems to be making itemizing even worse.
    When I first came here, this was all swamp. Everyone said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built in all the same, just to show them. It sank into the swamp. So I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp. But the fourth one stayed up. And that's what you're going to get, Lad, the strongest castle in all of England.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Removing hit from talents and debuffs is probaly one of the most retarded thing I have seen come out from Blizzard. Really? 17% hit, and it's gonna rise with each tier? Thanks

MY BAD!

Seems combat ratings were reduced and I did not see the update. 102.446 hit rating = 1% hit. If we leave the same justice gear and "healer" epics equipped, we'll have ~18% hit rating (19% for draenei). Still, if we want to use tier 11, we'll have to reforge a lot. While that should make it possible to be hit capped while wearing tier pieces, it doesn't seem like good design.

Hmm, I'm not too sure you guys saw this but.

Elemental Precision - Increases your Fire,Frost and Nature damage by 1/2/3% and grants you spell hit rating equal to 33/66/100% of any Spirit gained from Items or Effects.

However, after looking at the ele gear vs enhance. You guys got boned. Typical towards Elemental though. I'm sure they will adjust that once proper testing is done.

Gem Spirit. Problem solved.

/close thread
    Yes. That Shaman Just Licked Your face.

gem/reforge/non-set plus you get some bonus hit from your base stats

Im sure you read this often but its BETA !!!! Blizz will balance this after testing.

<Moderator Edit: Do NOT be clueless and post "its only beta" posts. If people don't raise concerns during beta testing then nothing gets fixed. So it is pointless to suggest waiting until live because "its only beta".>
    Last edited by mmoca7472cd2b9; 2010-09-28 at 02:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it would be nice that you couldn't cap hit at first tier. Capping stuff is boring itemization.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by njdss4 View Post
    @ Rahdik:

It sounds more like we'll be stuck with wearing mostly non-set epics that Resto Shaman will be bitching at us about for "taking from them" and staring at our tier set wishing we could equip it without falling under the hit cap. How does this setup change how things are in Wrath? It seems to be making itemizing even worse.
    Seriously? You have to share items with one (1) spec, and yo're whining about it?

This kind of reminds me of a similar problem, Enhance T10. We're the only melee spec in the game that doesn't have expertise on their tier gear. You'd think, that because of the fact that we share gear with hunters, that they would have given us expertise on our tier gear. Mainly because it would be specifically for 1 spec in the game. Compare it to plate or leather, which can have expertise on it, because all of the classes that would use that specific dps gear, would need expertise. But alas, we're forced to gem expertise.

When you think about it, what is the first thing you hear about gear when your planning to dps in a raid. Get hit capped. For pretty much every dps class in the game the very first thing you ever do is to get hit capped. So technically if you gem for hit rating, you're getting the most dps gain possible for that slot. The question is, are you getting other stats on your gear that make up for the fact that you're gemming for a stat that everyone else gets so freely.

All of the hybrid caster dps get a talent that increases their hit rating by the amount of spirit they have. (Moonkins, Ele shamans, Spriests) If you are a moonkin or ele shaman you won't be able to (shouldn't) grab regular cloth caster gear because of the way your armor proficiency works with your mastery and passive armor proficiency skills. So therefor all the hybrid caster classes (maybe with exception to spriest) will be rolling on gear with spirit on it. You're healers will just have to deal with it, they can't get mad at you, you didn't design the new talent trees and armor stat layouts.

Although I do slightly like the idea of never having to gear/gem for hit rating as a hybrid caster dps. It still kind of worries me because it seems awfully harder to balance, then the current setup. It's an attempt by blizzard to decrease the amount of items in the game. Now they will be able to make say a shield with spirit on it, viable for 3 specs in the game, also the same will probably be done with maces, they will probably all have spirit on them, and daggers/swords probably won't. Don't worry, like all levels of raids blizz carefully plots and plans for Best in slot setups and I'm sure you won't go without hit rating, or go with having way too much. The question remains, will it be worth having to reforge our high-spirit items for mandatory raiding requirements, when other classes get to reforge their gear to improve their "bonus" stats.
    Last edited by M4d2m0A; 2010-09-28 at 08:45 AM.

Honestly the spell hit cap should be reduced a bit, especially since they axed all the +% hit talents.