Page 1 of 2
LastLast

cata pvp weps update.

Quote from Kalgan

"The only item with a meaningful rating requirement is the heroic raid ilvl equivalent weapon (the 2200 weapon). However, unlike the LK seasons there is also a weapon equivalent to the normal raid tier ilvl that has no rating requirement.

All of the other items with rating requirements (ie: the set pieces) have the exact same stats as the ones without rating requirements, they're a free upgrade and just have a different texture color so you get a little bit of visual distinction for having a high rating (no gameplay advantage)."

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...o=1&sid=2000#4 is the source

So what do you lot think about it?

Me personally i love the idea, so if i decide not to raid in cata i won't be at such a HUGE gear deficit to other dragonslayers.

Edit: I see we don't need rating for pvp gear just honor points but if we have rating we receive better looking gear. I love this idea! This will prove that gear =/= skill and even if you have good gear you can still suck no matter what.
    Last edited by zito; 2010-09-27 at 09:02 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I don't really understand the post but is it saying we don't need rating for pvp weapons? Or that pvp weapons and raid weapons will be closely the same?
    That for the first teir of pvp weps not arena rating is needed, so you can get them just by BG spamming so pvpers dont HAVE to raid to stand a chance
    Last edited by rzy; 2010-09-27 at 09:00 PM. Reason: typo

Finally. I loathed gearing my warrior up just so I could get a decent weapon to pvp with, this is a more than welcome change.

The post is pretty clear, only the heroic quality weapon has a rating, you may repaint armor at the appropriate rating as a 'trophy' of sorts, but there is no gameplay advantage before a 2200 rating, and it is only a weapon.

The normal tier pvp weapon will be buyable with just Honor Points.

The higher tier pvp weapon will only be buyable with Rating and Honor Points.

Very welcome change, even if I don't do PvP. It's nice to see that you can get gear solely from PvP and not be required to farm PvE weapons to be able to PvP .. Bryn'tol hooooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post

Very welcome change, even if I don't do PvP. It's nice to see that you can get gear solely from PvP and not be required to farm PvE weapons to be able to PvP .. Bryn'tol hooooooo!
    YAY no more farming for a weapon that never seems to drop on my warrior as soon as i go druid BANG there it is

VERY VERY Happy, exactly how it should have been from the start, equal stats on gear, but the better people look unique as a reward, brilliant!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pos View Post
    WoW is my shameful secret. Like a mistress. or a child.

so do conquest points have any known use yet?

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Errrm havnt seen it announced anywhere - ims ure Boub will put it on Main page when all the PVP stuff is announced :P

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    The lower tier weapons will correspond in quality to items found in the latest raid tier on normal difficulty and cost only Conquest Points. The higher tier weapons will correspond in quality to items found in the latest raid tier on Heroic difficulty and will have a minimum personal rating requirement in addition to costing Conquest Points. All of the highest-stat PvP armor, including shoulder and head pieces, will cost only Conquest Points and have no rating requirements. We have updated our original announcement text to reflect this clarification.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoW.com
    This basically means that while the best weapons will require success in Arenas and Ranked BG's, PvP players will be able to get weapons upgrades via running PvP out of the gate rather than having to hope for an instance/raid drop. It also means an end to armor pieces, trinkets and other items requiring a rating to purchase, making gearing up for PvP easier. It seems likely that this change is aimed at making PvP easier to start in and taking some of the perceived need to PvE away from the PvP game.
    Something like this.

Just happy we get access to pvp weapons this time. Was horrid that we couldn't get any "base" pvp weapons in WotLK yet did at the start of BC and the arena weapons from each season would be brought down and available to all at the start of the next season.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenophone View Post
    Just happy we get access to pvp weapons this time.
    That "we" sounds like a "you". At least for "me",

This is good news all around, a welcome change indeed.

The link is broken I would very much like to read the entire post.

Deleted
    That remembers wotlks pve...anyone can have pvp gear. I can't see if it is good or bad for pvp yet. Something sais me that is going to destroy pvp ... something other saying that without the pressure of rating ppl will pvp more often have more specs available to pvp with due to the gearing will be easy. Also the "must raid to pvp"aspect is removed.
    The return of solo pvper...?

Deleted
    I like this change because it helps level the playing field.

Its a good thing for midrange pvp players because it allows them to get into PvP without having a low chance of win due to gear. It helps the less skilled players (young/casual/its just a bit of fun) because it lets them get there hands of some awesome gear so they can feel like they still have a chance. And it will help top PvPers because not everyone in a BG will blow up when u touch them.

Everyone wins!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Versus View Post
    That remembers wotlks pve...anyone can have pvp gear. I can't see if it is good or bad for pvp yet. Something sais me that is going to destroy pvp ... something other saying that without the pressure of rating ppl will pvp more often have more specs available to pvp with due to the gearing will be easy. Also the "must raid to pvp"aspect is removed.
    The return of solo pvper...?
    wat?

Deleted
    Hmmmm sounds good in some respects. Please correct me if im wrong because im not sure... so PvE players will get justice 346 rated gear with normal stats and with valor they will get new looking( and better stats) 359 gear. Whereas all PvPers get is they upgrade looks better. Still seems a bit uneven to me. I know some of the changes are welcomed like getting away with the raiding for a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    Hmmmm sounds good in some respects. Please correct me if im wrong because im not sure... so PvE players will get justice 346 rated gear with normal stats and with valor they will get new looking( and better stats) 359 gear. Whereas all PvPers get is they upgrade looks better. Still seems a bit uneven to me. I know some of the changes are welcomed like getting away with the raiding for a weapon.
    Yup, but this makes the difference between someone with as low and high rating much less dependant on gear, and much more dependant on skill, like it should be.

Also, I suppose the Resi and Stam ratings on the PvP gear will be crazy, so it really becomes goddamn hard to do anything in PvE gear.