ok just picked up HC Bloodfall, on my death knight as no one else wanted it
    so i thought i would have a play around
    my question is is it any good for an unholy dps dk
    i am currently using 251 ramaladini's blade of culling

also expertise with unholy / frost build 0/17/54
    does it still need to be capped

Troll detected

Deleted
    Go for a 2H Mace/Axe/Sword, depending on class and Expt, Polearms are too slow, dont know about this particular one, but from experience im guessing

Quote Originally Posted by Tesk View Post
    Go for a 2H Mace/Axe/Sword, depending on class and Expt, Polearms are too slow, dont know about this particular one, but from experience im guessing
    ...you want slow as a death knight. Bloodfall is slightly faster than blade of culling but has almost 200 more topend.

Bloodfall is better, hands down. A non-polearm (as strength polearms don't really exist) will always be better at same ilvl, but average damage and topend trump just about every stat.

Deleted
    ok what about the expertise question as blade has a huge chunk and bloodfall doesn't
    if i equip bloodfall my expertise drops to 15 with blade i have 26 am over hit cap atm
    but that will be sorted within a week gear lvl mostly ilvl 264

10+ Year Old Account
    my guess is that the overall weapon damage from a heroic 2hander is going to beat out any 251 weapon you get your hands on, i may be wrong though, i'm not exactly a professional when it comes to dks.

Quote Originally Posted by Morvidus View Post
    ok what about the expertise question as blade has a huge chunk and bloodfall doesn't
    if i equip bloodfall my expertise drops to 15 with blade i have 26 am over hit cap atm
    but that will be sorted within a week gear lvl mostly ilvl 264
    The expertise is an issue, but if you're Unholy expertise isn't nearly as important.

(You can always get t10 legs to make up the difference)

well, your talking a 251 weapon that is only slightly slower than a 277. Use the polearm.

There is no question. HEROIC Bloodfall is miles ahead of normal Ram. Expertise isn't a very good stat in the first place for Unholy, not to mention Bloodfall has a third socket and over 200 more top damage.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Deleted
    thats what i intend to do also got the emblem cloak that has expertise on
    but i have a lack of badges atm, having recently changed back to my dk as main
    am a little out of touch with it, i did 2 dummy runs of 5 mins and as it stands
    bloodfall was a slight increase over blade by about 200 dps but obviously dummys arn't
    that good of a test,

There is a good chance the agi cloak is better for Unholy, but you would have to sim that. Aim for Rotface 25's cloak.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

You don't want expertise as unholy, its the second worst stat after agility.

Unholy BiS only sits at 11(?) expertise I believe. Don't worry about dropping below cap. Go for the polearm
    Quote Originally Posted by da_ganner View Post
    easy now... lvled him from scratch i did.
    so no trolling. been unlucky with drops i have is all
    Quote Originally Posted by Grissym View Post
    Master Yoda plays WoW. A Priest, on top of it.
    I must tell the world!