Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Heirlooms in Cataclysm

Chances are, there have been dozens of threads asking this, but I have not seen any lately to check, so I'm asking: will existing heirloom items scale to level 85? I've heard from some sources that they will, but will lose the experience bonus past level 80, and I've also heard that they won't scale past level 80. Can anyone confirm which is the correct statement? I've not been able to find anything on my own on this subject.

10+ Year Old Account
    Current Heirlooms will stop at 80, NEW SPARKLY Cata heirlooms will go to 85!
    | i5 2500k @ 4.6GHZ | ASUS Maximus Gene-Z/Gen 3 | 16gig G-Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | Nvidia GTX 680 | OCZ ZX 850w PSU | Corsair H-80

10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard repeatedly that they will not scale at all past 80, and the experience bonus will not work past 80, but I have not heard once that they will scale either way. I have no proof for you though, sorry.

They ARE coming out with new BOA gear though, so you can level alts with experience bonuses past 80, you'll just need a level 85 to do it
    Playing Path of Exile and Guild Wars 2

It's been said many times, they wont be scaling them to 85.

Both the exprience and the stats stop scaling at 80.

Can i uh. get a trade in plan for my now redundant boa gear plox?.

would be nice tbh, trade in a 80 boa shoulder plus some valor points or justice points the vendors way for a 85 boa, makes sense really...your only wearing the gear to speed thru the levels.

Question is:
    Its says untill lvl 80.. so will you get the 20% bonus on lvl 80 and stops at lvl 81?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slaydude View Post
    Question is:
    Its says untill lvl 80.. so will you get the 20% bonus on lvl 80 and stops at lvl 81?
    No, Blizzard said they won't grant any experience 80-85.

10+ Year Old Account
    My question is... When you trade out your current emblems for Justice Points, will you be able to get BoA's right away (from whatever vendor there is) or will you have to level at least one character to 85?

15+ Year Old Account
    You stop gaining the XP bonus the millisecond you hit 80, so all xp gained after will not benefit you from 80-81. Additionally your stats will remain as is. There will be an entierly new set of heirlooms which will continue to grant experience from 80-85, and which scale from 81-85.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2010-09-28 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Clarification.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    My question is... When you trade out your current emblems for Justice Points, will you be able to get BoA's right away (from whatever vendor there is) or will you have to level at least one character to 85?
    Nope, the new heirlooms are sold by guild vendors.

you will need to have a level 85. Possibly additional requirments as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    You stop gaining the XP bonus the millisecond you hit 80, so all xp gained after will not benefit you from 80-81. Additionally your stats will remain as is. There will be an entierly new set of heirlooms which grant experience from 80-85, and which scale from 81-85.
    I thought the new heirlooms will start from level 1 just like the last batch?

15+ Year Old Account
    If I understand you correctly, your asking if you could potentially get heirlooms for 80-85 before, or the day of release? If so, then what would even be the point of them stoping the scaling on the old ones??

The main purpose of them doing this is so that you reach level cap without any fluff and steroids, and then having the option of getting the heirloom items for an XP bonus after you've experienced it legitimately.

---------- Post added 2010-09-28 at 08:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Auto-Unstuck View Post
    Logically they would be from 1-85 yes but I am unsure fully to make a claim though, however what I meant was that there will be another batch of Heirlooms for Cataclysm which continue scaling and giving XP for the levels 80-85, I wasn't saying that it'd be just those levels. Sorry if that was unclear.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2010-09-28 at 08:27 AM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.

so will the heirloom trinkets also stop working at 81? (which give you 2% health / mana when u kill a mob or player)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gathrax View Post
    so will the heirloom trinkets also stop working at 81? (which give you 2% health / mana when u kill a mob or player)
    The regen will probably still work, but the stats will stop scaling (they're the same strength as ~187 items when they stop, so Cataclysm greens will be miles ahead of them).

Field Marshal Whatyourethinking's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto-Unstuck View Post
    They will, but unlike the old ones, they will continue to scale and grant extra XP after lvl 80.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gathrax View Post
    The stat's will stop scaling, though the regens should continue to still work, I see no reason for them not to, though a confirmation would be great for this. Good question though.

WTB Trade in solution for the 8 full sets of heirloom gear i currently have...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberwolfe View Post
    WTB Trade in solution for the 8 full sets of heirloom gear i currently have...
    They still work up to 80 should you roll any alts...and none of the new heirlooms released so far will replace those slots.