Deleted

Soul swap delicious nerf

Well that's it guys,the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back for me.Nerfing lock selfhealing so much that rogues and warriors selfheal for more,nerfing almost every good ability we got in Cata,and now,glyphed soul swap giving it a 10 sec cooldown(NO MORE PESTILENCE EFFECTS DURR).Brb rerollan mage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by idpersona View Post
    Well that's it guys,the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back for me.Nerfing lock selfhealing so much that rogues and warriors selfheal for more,nerfing almost every good ability we got in Cata,and now,glyphed soul swap giving it a 10 sec cooldown(NO MORE PESTILENCE EFFECTS DURR).Brb rerollan mage.
    Because a major glyph that gives a huge boost to a class and has no downsides is a good major, right?

No, they had to make it a double-edged sword or make it a prime (and nobody would have been happy with it as a Prime).

Were you really going to Soul Swap more often than 10 seconds in PvE? Can you not see how OP it would have been to DoT up one target and then Soul Swap all over their entire team for extreme damage and debuffing in PvP? The class would have to have its damage balanced around DoTs being on the ENTIRE enemy team at the same time.

I can tell you from the PTR that it was -stupidly- OP, and now it's fine.
    Last edited by Simca; 2010-09-28 at 09:47 AM.

Deleted
    I'm going with my DK.

Warlocks just aren't the same without a thought-out Affliction. Honestly the only way I'd consider staying with my lock was if Affliction completely blew me away.

Atleast I can pretend Frost fever is corruption now and then. Parting from my 200 days played lock will be hard, but I think it's time. /wrist.

Edit: This nerf was completely justified though. Anything else would've been extremely unbalanced. Everything about Warlocks would've been completely gimp if the game were to keep any sense of balance simply because we would destroy everything in major scales battle.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good luck.

Ironically, the DK camp is complaining way harder than the warlock camp atm, so that's an interesting pick.

---------- Post added 2010-09-28 at 09:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sebleb View Post
    Edit: This nerf was completely justified though. Anything else would've been extremely unbalanced. Everything about Warlocks would've been completely gimp if the game were to keep any sense of balance simply because we would destroy everything in major scales battle.
    Exactly. This was like Pestilence on crack, and they nerfed the hell out of Pestilence.

Warlocks do not need Pestilence (hurdur) we have enough AoE.

Deleted
    Ironically, the DK camp is complaining way harder than the warlock camp atm, so that's an interesting pick.
    The DK camp has stopped complaining now that the stupid nerfs they got were reverted(unholy presence not reducing GCD's).

And with pretty much everything about the warlock class nerfed(selfhealing,soul swap,felhunter losing defensive dispel)give me ONE reason as beta stands right now(and before BETA IS BETA qq it's pretty clear that locks are pretty much finalized)to roll a warlock for competitive pvp anymore.

---------- Post added 2010-09-28 at 11:16 AM ----------

No, they had to make it a double-edged sword or make it a prime (and nobody would have been happy with it as a Prime).
    It was a Prime before and it is now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by idpersona View Post
    It was a Prime before and it is now.
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/42466/glyph-of-soul-swap/

I don't recall a time at which it was a Prime. It's definitely a Major now, though.

Quote Originally Posted by sebleb View Post
    I'm going with my DK.

Warlocks just aren't the same without a thought-out Affliction. Honestly the only way I'd consider staying with my lock was if Affliction completely blew me away.

Atleast I can pretend Frost fever is corruption now and then. Parting from my 200 days played lock will be hard, but I think it's time. /wrist.

You mean like in season 8 right now...how Affliction locks are one of the most faceroll specs to play other then Elemental Shamans?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering Soul Swap originally had a 45 second cooldown without the glyph, I assumed the lack of cd in the recent builds was just an oversight by blizzard. As 10 is much better than 45 seconds, I'm really not complaining, in fact I'd say it needs to be pushed again. If our dots are easy to put on the target (especially while moving), I imagine blizzard won't want them to have as high a dpct as they do today. Having a 10 sec cooldown on such a powerful ability really lowers the skill cap of affliction imo.

Deleted
    i just assumed it already had a cooldown, so effectively no change from my frame of reference ^ ^ no cooldown would be insane in pvp so its reasonable, or we'd be in bg's chain casting soulswap constantly. you can still get a some nice corruption spread with talented seed if you time it right with enemy positioning.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampayne1985 View Post
    You mean like in season 8 right now...how Affliction locks are one of the most faceroll specs to play other then Elemental Shamans?
    Cos now the gear give warlocks enough resilliance to live more than 2 seconds which wasnt the case pre-Wrathfull, go troll someplace else.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Locked for pointlessness.