Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Solutions to whiners and portals.

So here I'am writing a post for the whiners about the portal removals.
    Here are the solutions.

Mage portals
    Hearthstone
    Teleports (Class teleports like Death Gate, Moonglade teleport)
    Manually MOVING to the zone
    Reroll Mage.

Now was that hard?

Now for cataclysm this is a welcomed change for me as it will bring back world pvp on servers as you will see more players around the old cities albiet they might be flying but you can still kill people in the city and I wont have to set foot in a silly lagcity anymore to get to places.

I'm really happy for the mages, I hope you make a fortune from the whiners asking you to make portals, I'd sell them for around 150g each to be honest.

Selling for 150g? Riiiight...

Quote Originally Posted by Sym View Post
    Selling for 150g? Riiiight...
    I'd sell it for that no probs, they want a portal they have to cough it up.

inb4 inb4's

... o wait

We already have a bunch of threads on this topic already, please don't make another one.

Solution to whiners: shoot them
    Its like killing an animal with rabies, they are too annoying the let them live
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

Deleted
    Personally, I refuse to take a portal from any mage that takes a fee.
    However, anyone who doesn't gets a 50G tip.

Also, 392% extra flying speed says hi.
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2010-09-28 at 03:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I forsee an increased amount of summons requests due to this change. You know what they really need to do? Make it an option so that when I summon somebody, it turns them inside out, instant killing them.

They may be a sign I'm "slightly" annoyed at all the Mage tipping. Warlocks do the trek that you don't want to do, and instantly bring you where you need to be? Get invited to a raid? Boom you are there in an instant no matter where you're at. How helpful is that?! But noooo, mages get the 50g tips. Warlocks only get tears and anguish... actually skip all that, tears and anguish are pretty awesome.
    Last edited by Zoots; 2010-09-28 at 03:02 PM.

The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark...

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Whiners hearthstones are permanently set to the oposing factions city.

As a future goblin mage, I'll just say one thing. *ahem*

I got the best ports ANYWHERE!!!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damn. These portal threads...

Think back when there were no portals, there's your solution.

I can't wait to over charge people.

If blizzard wants to inconvenience me, I'll pay it back to the play base.

50g, 100g 150 gold portals. You'll either pay it or waste even more time finding someone else that might. Either way, I'll be milking as much time as I can from you. The same way not having portals milks small amounts of time from me.

You can now thank blizzard for that.

Quote Originally Posted by s1ppr View Post
    Think back when there were no portals, there's your solution.

Yea it sucked then and it will suck again it seems. The amount of times I afk'ed on a flight from IF to LHC is probable not easy to calculate. Miserable experience.
    Last edited by quras; 2010-09-28 at 03:15 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    I'd sell it for that no probs, they want a portal they have to cough it up.
    A [Rune of Portals] costs 17 silver.

Possibly throw in the [Rune of Teleportation] to get to whoever needs the portal for 10 silver. If you really want to nitpick, add the 10 silver to get back to whatever city you were in before.

It is costing you, at the very most, 37 silver to give somebody a portal.

If you charge 5 gold for a port, that's like a 1,250% markup price.

I, for one, will happily give ports for free. If just one person pays me a 10g tip, they've just bought my runes for like a week.

No need to be greedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Personally, I refuse to take a portal from any mage that takes a fee.
    Same. It's just as ridiculous as people demanding "tips" for their services.

That being said, new world is new; I plan on exploring it. Thank the Light those city portals are being removed.
    Last edited by Vladilena; 2010-09-28 at 03:42 PM.
    « DOr shar'adore da shando! » ♥

« Vladka | Ryska | Radka »

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I can't wait to over charge people.

If blizzard wants to inconvenience me, I'll pay it back to the play base.

50g, 100g 150 gold portals. You'll either pay it or waste even more time finding someone else that might. Either way, I'll be milking as much time as I can from you. The same way not having portals milks small amounts of time from me.

You can now thank blizzard for that.
    Thing is, I doubt that'll fly. Sure, you might get lucky a few times and find some poor sap willing to pay like 100g; but most of the time it's going to be like the AH - your price will be undercut. There'll be plenty of mages willing to give ports for 10g, 5g or even for free.

I feel as if this should be an Allstate commercial, with Mayhem.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

this is what peopel have to do if they dont want to pay for a portal. i do this with my alts as my main is a mage.

make a raid with a pal give him leader make a portal Alt + F4 log to your maine your pal will invite you then click the portal there you go it takes 20 sec easy

very simple solution, if you don't like the whining, don't listen to it because as of right now you guys are whining about whiners and that's kind of annoying in and of its-self, and i'm whining about you guys too! yay vicious cycle... anyway... ignore is a great feature, should be put to more use

Quote Originally Posted by Kesia View Post
    Thing is, I doubt that'll fly. Sure, you might get lucky a few times and find some poor sap willing to pay like 100g; but most of the time it's going to be like the AH - your price will be undercut. There'll be plenty of mages willing to give ports for 10g, 5g or even for free.
    You assume I'm actually doing it for the money. I am not.

If blizzard thinks it's OK to inconvenience the play base in such a way that is not really needed and has been a fine addition to the game for years. Then it seems there OK with me inconveniencing the player base as well.

I'll milk off time from people as best I can. Similar to the way flight times will bleed off time from each and every player as you try to go from city to city.

Quote Originally Posted by Kesia View Post
    A [Rune of Portals] costs 17 silver.

Possibly throw in the [Rune of Teleportation] to get to whoever needs the portal for 10 silver. If you really want to nitpick, add the 10 silver to get back to whatever city you were in before.

It is costing you, at the very most, 37 silver to give somebody a portal.

If you charge 5 gold for a port, that's like a 1,250% markup price.

I, for one, will happily give ports for free. If just one person pays me a 10g tip, they've just bought my runes for like a week.

No need to be greedy.
    And all crafted items on the AH should sell for what they vend for.........