Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Thousand Needles Riverboat

I did some questing in Thousand Needles today. Very early in the quest chain you are asked to fend off an attack by Southsea pirates and get to control a riverboat. After the quest is finished, you get a summonable version of the same boat. It works like a mount, and you can use it anywhere in Thousand Needles. Here are some screenshots:

I think the item is permanent, but it only works in Thousand Needles. When you're piloting it you can continue to cast spells, even while moving. So, it's similar to the camel mounts in Halls of Origination.

Definitely a great addition to the game on Blizzard's part.

They could of just given everyone a passive swim-speed bonus in Thousand Needles, but instead they decided to put a bit more work behind it and made a more interesting mechanic that even included a unique model.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    They could of just given everyone a passive swim-speed bonus in Thousand Needles, but instead they decided to put a bit more work behind it and made a more interesting mechanic that even included a unique model.
    They give you a swim speed bonus too: rocket flippers and an air bubble (not helmet) over your head so you can breathe. You also "bound" along the floor, similar to Vashj'ir.
    Last edited by rkma; 2010-09-28 at 04:21 PM.

They should jsut make that boat useable everywhere where there is water! even in SW lake :P!
    If you ain't Dutch, you ain't much.
    As Finishing touch God created the Dutch.

For Gnomeregan!
    For King Wrynn! and for the Alliance!

Jaina Proudmoore: Sugar, Spice; and Everything Nice.

Yes I am a Alliance fanboy and yes I am proud of it, FOR THE ALLIANCE.

Deleted
    You wanted boats?
    Now you have it.

10+ Year Old Account
    That looks so epic it hurts.
    Ow.
    If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight!
    Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little more about fighting then you do, pal! Because he invented it, and perfected it so no living man could best him in the ring of honor.

-The Soldier

10+ Year Old Account
    Cooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.

I <3 Blizzard.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it, but is it possible to have other people stand on the boat, and you can drive them around?
    If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight!
    Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little more about fighting then you do, pal! Because he invented it, and perfected it so no living man could best him in the ring of honor.

-The Soldier

10+ Year Old Account
    this definitaly helps the South Seas will be the next expansion if they gave us boats woohoo.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    That looks pretty damn awesome... it's just too bad it only works in Thousand Needles. Even so, I'm getting one!

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Tooth View Post
    I doubt it, but is it possible to have other people stand on the boat, and you can drive them around?

Sadly, no. The boat is like a badly controlled mount, its not a solid object. I really wish they were multi-passenger, though

10+ Year Old Account
    Outside your window... sit up straighter, that's bad for your posture!
    I think I cried tears of joy...

This is one step closer to having passenger boat mounts! :3
    "Is it a crime to know the truth? Is it sin to reach for those things which you fear?" - Schwarzvald

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonderful <3

can you pvp on it?

Noes! Tigule and Furor can't go down. They have the best ice cream around!

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn! Wish I saw this sooner. Definitely getting one for my main.

haha, yeah love the boat, especially because it has either a fire extinguisher and a cannon.

I am really looking forward to questing in cata without heirlooms.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Tinyknight View Post
    Not wanting to start the usual faction flame war but...

Horde only or neutral?

Thousand needles has historically been horde dominated, but with a significant neutral presence. Looks very goblin themed but that can go either way these days.
    There are alliance and horde quests in that zone, since there are gnomes and goblins in this quest hub
    Last edited by Pope; 2010-09-29 at 05:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Outside your window... sit up straighter, that's bad for your posture!
    I think the Speed Barge is Neutral as the raceway was... if I recall correctly
    "Is it a crime to know the truth? Is it sin to reach for those things which you fear?" - Schwarzvald

Is it considered a mount? i.e. Does it go into your spellbook with all your other summonable mounts or is it an object that stays in your bags?