Thread: Jaina's Locket

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Jaina's Locket

Sucks for all the people that bought or chose this as an item from the Shadowmourne box. No portals in Dalaran kinda devalue this. Think Blizzard will change this?

Deleted
    nope. it is what it is.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is absolutely no reason for them to change it.

It's purpose is to teleport you and your group to Dalaran. Dalaran is the center of Northrend and the main hub of WotLK, and being a WotLK vanity item it's purpose has been entirely fufilled. It will help you reconnect with Northrend come Cataclysm, and offer you access to the trainers in place of the portals. The portals were a nice added collateral plus, however, if the main design of the item was to offer portals to the cities it would have done just that, placed portals to each city. Yes it does suck for those who bought it, however it will still work, and still do exactly what it is supposed to come Cataclysm and that is port you to Dalaran.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Jaina's coin-purse?

You dont have to choose, btw. You get all the rewards.

Deleted
    You are right, it will be crappy.

It will never get changed.

I do not think anyone bought this locket for the trip to dal. It is more of a lore item considering the ring of the kirin tor is cheaper and has the same effect.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattsvaliant View Post
    I'm sure the OP is well aware of that, however he was saying that if you won a roll (or were highest bidder, so on so forth) to chose an item out of the box, and you chose that one....
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

15+ Year Old Account
    He's pretty obviously referring to those who chose to share their box rewards with their guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    I'm sure the OP is well aware of that, however he was saying that if you won a roll (or were highest bidder, so on so forth) to chose an item out of the box, and you chose that one....
    Could be read either way. And your assuming the receiver is sharing it with the guild/the guild is handing it out.
    Mattsvaliant - 85 BE Paladin - 135+ Mounts - Dragonslayer -

10+ Year Old Account
    "Too bad for them"
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

I don't understand the QQ. It's a novelty item. I would be glad to have it, it would go along quite well with my Medallion of Karabor.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsesakama View Post
    I don't understand the QQ. It's a novelty item. I would be glad to have it, it would go along quite well with my Medallion of Karabor.
    some people bought it not cuz its a "novelty item" .. get it now?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    AH is going to be implemented in Dalaran, so for all us nonmages, this could be used as a second HS (if you like Dalaran), and have your primary HS to wherever you want.
    Main & raiding character: Elchali, Holy Paladin

You can only choose one item btw..
    Fixt

Could be read either way. And your assuming the receiver is sharing it with the guild/the guild is handing it out.
    They better share the rewards with the guild, as the guild got them the Shadowmourne.

And about the item, the issue is that people who chose this as their reward (or won it, or bought it) were probably choosing it with the notion in mind that it basically served to port them to any capital city and Caverns of Time. With those portals gone, the item becomes a LOT less useful, especially given that the Kirin Tor ring and Argent Crusade tabard both get you to Northrend easily enough. Lots of people who chose this item probably did so because they either didn't want to buy the Kirin Tor ring because of how expensive it is, or travel around a lot and enjoy being able to port around cities to trade with people.
    Last edited by v2prwsmb45yhuq3wj23vpjk; 2010-09-28 at 05:33 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Sucks for all the people that bought or chose this as an item from the Shadowmourne box. No portals in Dalaran kinda devalue this. Think Blizzard will change this?
    Anyone who bought this to get a quick way to go to Dalaran already know he wasted the gold seeing how there is the Dalaran Ring

Quote Originally Posted by ramsesakama View Post
    Cause people spend 80-100k+ for it. It's probably one of the best items in game if you aren't a mage--functionality wise. A free port to Dal that can take you to anywhere via dal ports.

Once the ports in Dal are gone its a POS item. Useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    They better share the rewards with the guild, as the guild got them the Shadowmourne.
    Yeah dude, all that hard work the guild put in better pay off.

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha

Shadowmourne has a shorter acquisition rate than like 50% of the drops in ICC.

You're silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Anyone who bought this to get a quick way to go to Dalaran already know he wasted the gold seeing how there is the Dalaran Ring
    It's a port for EVERYONE in your party. So if you're doing a 5 or 10m without a mage you can port everyone to Dal.