Thread: Heroism

10+ Year Old Account

Heroism

Prologue – Boot Camp

Drill Sergeant Morstin was going through his daily attendance.
    “Black?” Morstin called out.
    “Here, sir!” Kyle Black replied.
    “Fromir?”
    “Here, sir!” Cory Fromir said, with a salute.
    The sergeant proceeded through the list of names, eventually reaching the end.
    “Quar?”
    “Here, sir!” replied Robert Quar, a good friend of mine.
    “Rainor?” A pause. “Rainor?” A friendly nudge from Robert brought me back to reality.
    “Here, sir!”
    “Good, we’re all accounted for then. Today is your last day of camp, men. I know you’re all very sad to be going. Don’t miss me too much. Out there is the real world, and there’re some tough people. Being a soldier isn’t an easy job, but it’s worth it. Most of you will be entering the 7th Unit, 12th infantry. Sergeant Rodriguez is a good man, but he can be tough if you don’t behave. But I know you all will.” Morstin went on. He finished, and they proceeded to their daily chores.
    “Finally going to be out of boot camp. Feels good” I said, to Robert.
    “Definititely. Can’t wait to get some real action, gets my blood pumping.”
    “Say, Robert. What it’s like? Being out there in the middle of a battlefield, and all.”
    “Can’t say, really. Your blood gets pumping, that’s for sure. Sometimes it happens so fast, other times it slows down. Can’t explain it though, you’ll have to experience it yourself. Let’s get back to work, though.”
    “Alright, alright” I said.
    The day went on as usual, but there was a feeling of happiness in the air. Boot camp was finally over. I couldn’t wait.
    Last edited by Valakin; 2010-09-28 at 08:33 PM.