Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

I never charge... But I do accept tips.

I like help out others but honestly, porting got annoying back in the day. I always did it but a whisper every 5 minutes gets old.

Deleted
    Lol nice one! obviously most of these ppl cant take a joke...

or... i could just stand where i am as always and give portals to those who ask for it? ye.. i think i will do that and dont join some stupid random chat.....

Quote Originally Posted by scandalis View Post
    I think I'm going to start charging mages per heal, 200g sound fair enough?
    So the condition to fulfil your role is to have access to one of the mages' utility spells? Sounds reasonable.

Back on topic, with flying mounts allowed and the focus set back in the two old continents, people will be able to get to where they want fast, thus won't bug us for portals that much. (hopefully)

Im gonna re-roll, dont wanna be the most hated class in Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Difuid View Post
    So the condition to fulfil your role is to have access to one of the mages' utility spells? Sounds reasonable.
    Nothing was said about your utility spell, just simply charging Mages per heal.

Deleted
    if its not 1 mage per faction we cant talk about MONOpoly.

<- economist

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post

<- economist
    I saw what you did there. An oligopoly then

cc is coming back so i think alot of dks and wars who dont like to tank will be pigeonholed to roll mage so they can cc
    but thats just my very very stupid post

10+ Year Old Account
    Soooo uhm... what about them portals from Deepholm/SW/other cata places? At level 85 you'll be able to get to any 80-85 zone (to raid/grind/dailies/etc) and auction houses in a matter of seconds, not to mention 310% mounts.

Who cares about Darnasses/Exodar anyways, it's not like you visited them any time recently on your level 80 main.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascherzon
    He doesn't read topics before he posts - he just takes a dump, smears it all over his face, rolls his face across the keyboard and presses post.

Deleted
    Cmon be nice!! He's super SERIAL!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post

<- economist
    But, without the ports in Dal and Shatt, the only other way of being ported is with a mage. So, mages as a whole, have a monopoly on the portal market as a whole right?
    Last edited by demopolis; 2010-09-28 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenderoni View Post
    OR... I continue to give away free portals and you lose all your customers.
    Could not agree more. I have always given free ports to people who ask nicely in english for a port. I appreciate tips, but dont demand someone pay me to press one little button. When I am on my other toons I ask nicely for ports when needed and always pay/tip depending on the situation. I will continue to do both.
    NO LOOT FOR YOU!

I dont think this is really going to work... Are you forgetting epic flying? portals now in org/SW (atleast to the new zones)?

Anyone who can't wait 2m for a boat/zep to change continents deserves to be taken advantage of.
    Mattsvaliant - 85 BE Paladin - 135+ Mounts - Dragonslayer -

Quote Originally Posted by Magespwn View Post
    Come Cataclysm we mages will have complete monopoly over portals and fast travelling. Ofcourse, to make as much profit as possible out of this, we must set couple of rules.

As we had in vannila? i sure missed that to be honest, portals everywhere not only made my portals kind of futile as it made the world a lot shorter, still missing the epic runs towards the instance door and the slaughter at its gates when several parties encountered... ha well...
    "I think some of our best class designs come out when a mediocre player can get X performance out of the class with a simple rotation, but an exceptional players can coax slightly > X damage by doing a more complex rotation." - Ghostcrawler
    Its official, there is no skill in wow nor is it designed to require it, stop wasting time reading/making guides and just face-roll, you will just do "slightly" less dps.

Awww, so cute. Good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Magespwn View Post
    I would be thankful if someone posted this to official forums - for I can't at the moment. It is super serial that the word spreads so we can fulfill our plan as intended.

Come Cataclysm we mages will have complete monopoly over portals and fast travelling. Ofcourse, to make as much profit as possible out of this, we must set couple of rules.

First of all, everyone should join a channle Magespwn on their current realm. In that channel, mages (known for being the smartest and superior class) can politically discuss the economy and standings of existing portal business. You can also report people who refused to pay, so that all the other mages can charge some extra if the one who refused to pay whispers to them (see "secondly" and "thirdly").

Secondly. We must discuss a price, and NO-ONE SHALL EVER CHARGE ANY LESS or he will perish in the living flame of hell for the rest of his life! (Meaning all the mages will unite and add him to their banlists - sucker!)

Thirdly. IF and WHEN someone refuses to pay the discussed price we will reveal his name in Magespwn channel. Everyone should and will download an addon to make the color super important so they will NOT miss any names at all. When a person, "Imnoobrougelol" for example, refuses to pay enough we will report him and add extra charge for him to pay if he wishes to use our servises. For example, if the starting price is 40g, we will add extra 10g for every extra whisper he makes. Meaning no mages will ever steal anothers business and the price will never be lowered to the abyss - we shall be brothers and unite at these wonderful times!

Fourtly. Friends are not allowed to travell at lower cost. Ever.

Fifthly. Hunters pay twice or possibly more because naturally we hate them.

Now, the starting price. Does 100g sound enough?

I think a Vending Machine needs to learn it's place. Now conjure me up some water.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember that one version of WoW, before BC? Remember how there weren't portals to anywhere? Remember how you could pay a mage 1-10g for a portal, and it wouldn't matter? Yeah.

I don't know why people are flipping out about this, and why some people think mages will charge enough gold to suddenly get rich. Use your brains, they're there for a reason.

how many of these lame threads does there need to be?.... mages will either help ppl or wont... mages will charge whatever each person deems appropriate or fit (and for me, thats whatever they offer or are willing to tip) - for the rest of you, have fun ripping ppl off and overcharging them once and never seeing them or their friends again