Name: Inser Grimtotem.
Birthplace: Darkcloud Pinnacle, Thousand needles

Class: Shaman with influences of a Witchdoctor
Professions: Herbalist, Alchemist, Tradesman
Appearance
Inser is almost entirely black. His horns points forward hiding his eyes if you look at him from the side. He shares the common appearance of the Grimtotem clan, whose almost exclusively black.
Inser is a bit smaller than the average Tauren not by much but still noticeable. His fur is matted, slightly longer than the other members. In his nose he wears a golden ring and he has a small beard on his chin. On his belt a pouch filled with elixirs, potions and poisons. He wears a staff on his back. The staff have the same appearance as Will of Arlokk from Zul’Gurub. In battle he wears a thick leather breastplate and a thin chainmail armor beneath.

Likes: He likes the sound and calmness of nature, and all that nature has to offer.
Dislikes: In his early years he disliked battle, but when he got older and more mature he understood that fighting is sometimes necessary when negotiations are not enough. He really dislikes when someone destroys nature, therefore the only race he really have a grudge against are Goblins.

Personality
He tries to be wise and calm when bad things are about to happen, he would rather confront the enemy before attacking. But if he is attacked he won’t hesitate to strike his enemy with all his power. Although he’s not a very good at hand to hand combat, he learned while training to easily avoid and block enemy attacks with his staff. He would rather fight for things he love and want to preserve, but when the horde whom he swore allegiance to needs him he goes to battle. In battle he often tries to stay in the back healing his allies and locking down enemies. When not in battle or feeling threatened he sees himself as neutral and he does not enjoy killing for sport he has actually befriended some alliance races on his travels.

History
Inser was born into the Grimtotem tribe in the small village Darkcloud Pinnacle atop the mesas of Thousand Needles. His mother was a sorcerer in the tribe but she was killed in a raid when he was young, therefore he has no memories of his mother. His father is unknown. Due to his mother’s death Inser grew up alone and without many friends. He was trained to be a warrior in the tribe but he never had the skills in hand to hand combat that the other young ones had, he didn’t win even once. He was the laughing stock of the tribe. Ashamed of himself he started to pick flowers which soon became a hobby of his. He dreamt about what was outside the village, he wanted to discover new places, see things he could never imagine. Still what could he do against the dangers of the outside world? A young Tauren who failed as a warrior and had no combat skills whatsoever..

Years passed and one day when he was outside gathering herbs for the village, he was attacked by four Centaurs he was captured and brought to Splithoof Crag, he was locked in a cage for days. He hoped that his tribe would come for him but he was sure that they wouldn’t risk their lives to save a mere herbalist. Days went by and he was drifting out of his mind into the world of the dead, he barely had any idea what was going on around him anymore. Then later that night he heard roars of pain outside the tent he was in. Someone had attacked the Centaurs. Fire and lightning spread around his tent and he saw a figure entering, staring down at him. Then everything turned black.

He woke up a few hours later in a small tent. He crawled out and saw a Tauren sitting on a log a few feet away, Inser asked him “Di.. Did you save me?” The Tauren answered “Yes, you were in pretty bad shape when I found you, you’re lucky, young one. Here have a seat and talk to me”
Inser did as the much older Tauren had said. When Inser introduced himself, and the other one replied “My name is Sukram, I am a shaman living in exile from my tribe. But that does not matter now. Please tell me your story.”
Inser told him everything and after that Sukram offered to teach Inser the way of the Shaman if he so wished. Inser accepted his offer because he had no wish in returning to Darkcloud pinnacle and so he started his training. Sukram told Inser to listen to the spirits and elements and try to understand them try to understand the nature and be one with it. After years of training Inser became more adept on using the elemental powers to his will he was a very fast learner for a Grimtotem tauren. He had also started to use his knowledge of herbs to make potions and elixirs and he quickly advanced in Alchemy.

Sukram taught Inser to be wise and to never make rash decisions and to never feel any hatred against other races. Weeks went by and one day they were both meditating in the forest when they were suddenly attacked by a group of Hunters, arrows came flying through the air and one hit Sukram in the shoulder, with a roar of pain they both ran through the forest into shelter.
The arrow that had hit Sukram was poisonous, Sukram lost consciousness and Inser tried to heal his wounds and cure the poison with antidotes. But the infection was too great. Before Sukram passed away he told Inser that his training was complete and he could be proud to call himself a Shaman. He had nothing more to teach him. Sukram last words were “Im sorry Inser, I couldn’t save your mother.
I have always watched over you from afar, I really wanted to tell you who I was…”
At first Inser felt a hatred rising inside him because his father had been taken away from him.
But with his father’s words in mind Inser suppressed the rage against the hunters he accepted that it was Sukram’s fate to fall that day. He buried Sukram and decided to travel around Azeroth learning more about the world.

Inser spent years travelling, training and living among different clans all over Azeroth. Soon after his department from Feralas he visited Thunderbluff and became a member of the horde. Living in Thunderbluff for about a year he trained with the Skychaser shamans, the most skilled shamans among the Tauren clans. He surpassed most of the shamans in training. They all wondered how a Grimtotem could have such a power to call the elements. They asked who had trained him and when they heard the name Sukram they all were shocked. Inser found out that his master was once a skilled and very powerful shaman among the Skychaser, but he had left his clan in Thunderbluff after a visit to thousand needles, and no one had never seen him again. Knowing that his father was a Skychaser Inser understood where his shaman powers came from. The shamans learned that Sukram had passed away just before Inser came to the village.
Time passed and Inser wanted to move out into the world again, but if the horde would ever need him they could call for his aid. Although on his travels he considered himself neutral.

Inser walked through the deserts of Tanaris through the harsh winter in Winterspring into the deep jungle of Stranglethorn learning about nature in a way that one studying books and ancients runes could never get. His travels also taught him many different languages and he became a tradesman of potion and elixirs he made during his long walks, both to alliance and the horde and other factions living around Azeroth, he wasn’t greedy though if he could cure a sickness and the family didn’t have money to pay him he would gladly take a meal instead.
After rescuing a troll child in Stranglethorn from a pack of angry crocodiles he was welcomed to the Zandalar Trolls in the northwest. The small troll he had saved was the Sister of a Master alchemist witchdoctor called Zab’Mahew. Zab and Inser became good friends and on the small island he stayed and trained his alchemist and shaman skills, he got better at it each day. Zab who was a pretty big troll, with tusks long and sharp, his hair black as night, braided into a single ponytail. He wore a staff on his back that he had inherited from his grandfather who was a legendary Witchdoctor among the Zandalar trolls, it had the form of a great green snake and some said it was cursed but Zab wore it with pride.

Stranglethorn vale was a dangerous place, many savage troll clans lived in the woods so Inser and Zab had to fight many foes together and they became closer than brothers. They taught each other things they had learned before they met and Inser became quite good at a few hexes and curses.
Years passed and they trained together, until one day when they were out wandering the jungle a large group of Bloodscalp trolls attacked them. There was a huge battle and in the end Inser was the only one standing. Zeb was badly hurt and he knew his time had come. Zeb gave Inser his staff and told him to wield it with pride and wisdom, The staff would later become Inser’s main weapon.
Then Inser watched as yet another one of his closest friends died.

After having two of the closest people taken away from him he moved to the top of the mountain between Mulgore and the barrens where he built a small cottage where he can live in peace and calm.

---------- Post added 2010-09-28 at 10:26 PM ----------

This was my very first attempt on making role-playing character and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I liked writing it, I would appreciate some feedback. Maybe it became a bit wall-of-texty but I don’t know how to cut the story off without losing some understanding of my character.
My main language is not English.