Thread: Season 8 Ending

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyocere View Post
    He usually doesn't give any date info unless hes pretty sure his source is reliable.
    Well for the record, he did think actual Beta was starting soon at the beginning of April and nothing happened until almost a month later and it was Alpha.

So like the other poster said, until Blizzard officially announces I'll stick with my predicted release date.

Boub is usually right but remember there was the first prediction for back in August? Hehehe

In all reality, I still look for November-ish until the lady at Game stop tells me otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

He usually doesn't give any date info unless hes pretty sure his source is reliable.
    You mean like November 2nd? Dates are a crapshoot. Boub is right about a lot of things, but dates are not one of them. I trust him on the delay thing, but how long it'll be delayed I think is purely conjecture on his part.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    Noooo!!! why blizzard, why?!
    Sheesh... maybe because 80% of players both in pve and pvp are bored out of their skulls at the moment. You can keep farming honor and get yourself a decent set if you want and then go competitive at 85 again. It's about time things move on.

I Imagine a definite date will be given at Blizzcon, at this point I'm not holding my breath for the tentative date of the 2nd of November.

For Wrath they ended Season 4 when they launched 3.0, and that's when they nerfed all the raids and stuff basically to say "here go farm this now super easy content to give you something to do till Wrath." It was what, 3 weeks from the time they launched 3.0 until the actual expansion came out? My memory is a tad fuzzy as to when the ghoul event started / ended, but I believe it was 3 weeks from 3.0 till launch of Wrath.

Given that timeframe but considering the fact that there's 2 pre-expo patches this time, I wonder what kind of time frame we'll be looking at. I'm thinking they will do 4.01 on Oct 12th and begin the pre-cata event, then let that run for 2-3 weeks and drop 4.03 then let that run for 2-3 weeks until cata drops. Still, that seems like a long time to go without competitive arena play.. I hope I'm wrong and it's just 4 weeks from Oct 12th until it launches .

So, I just stumbled upon a little bit of info(don't know if its already been posted about/known already)while I was re-installing WoW and grabbing the DL file off of B.Net.

Under the DL Game Clients option in the Manage Games section is the 10-day Free Trial / WoW dler(among other games) the 10-day Free trial description said:

"The World of Warcraft quick access streaming client is being upgraded and will be unavailable for several days. You may still access the full, non-streaming client now, but this will require a 9.1GB download and could take considerable time depending on the speed of your Internet connection. If you prefer to wait for the newly-revamped streaming client, it should be available on October 5th. Otherwise, you may access the full non-streaming client now." Interesting.....

10+ Year Old Account
    while accepting of a december release, i'm crossing my fingers for mid-november. blizz has a funny way of surprising us with early stuff sometimes, so let's hope for that.

Quote Originally Posted by sikdelita View Post
    So, I just stumbled upon a little bit of info(don't know if its already been posted about/known already)while I was re-installing WoW and grabbing the DL file off of B.Net.

Under the DL Game Clients option in the Manage Games section is the 10-day Free Trial / WoW dler(among other games) the 10-day Free trial description said:

"The World of Warcraft quick access streaming client is being upgraded and will be unavailable for several days. You may still access the full, non-streaming client now, but this will require a 9.1GB download and could take considerable time depending on the speed of your Internet connection. If you prefer to wait for the newly-revamped streaming client, it should be available on October 5th. Otherwise, you may access the full non-streaming client now." Interesting.....
    Nice catch here. Looks like we can get ready for the new patcher on the 5th and 4.0.1 on the 12th.

Like i say , When brewfest end the end of the world start.

The difficult part in an argument is not to defend one’s opinion, but rather to know it.
    - Andre Maurois 1957.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drugs View Post
    Like i say , When brewfest end the end of the world start.
    The end of the world (of warcraft) in nigh, just enough time to drink away our problems.

OT: im not sure we will see 4.0.1 on the 12th purely because of the currency change, I have a feeling they might need to give us a week to dump our arena points.
    On a more optimistic note, things are happening! so we are getting new stuff soon :-) Doesn't look like they will push the expansion back to January now they have committed to the end of a season.

They'll account at Blizzcon, so it'll be 2 months after that.

The problem with "insider" information is that it can be wrong... and sometimes on purpose. Boub was told wrong when Beta would Start.. and ended up beign wrong by about 1 month.

Let's say Blizz does plan to release on Nov. 2... then the "leak" let Boub know. Boub posted it...

Blizz is like.. crap this is bungling our surprise... so... leak some "delayed" info.

I am in Beta... it's a LOT further along than people think... will it be ready for Nov 2? I would think that's cutting it tight. But within a week or 2 of that? yep.. it's that close.

4.01 will liekly pop October 12... and we were givent he proper 2 week notice... it DID say however "as early as" and this was a backup plan in case they ran into an substatial problems.

Time for one more balance pass... and that's what we get in the 4.01 "open beta".. which is essentially what it will be. Tim before 2-4 weeks of "open beta testoin" on live servers... a few more balance passes and BOOM... Cataclysm ships.

I believe a very short release time will be announced at Blizzcon... a way to catch peeps that have left with.. OMG it's HERE? go go credit card.

Deleted
    NO! OMG! this season has only been out like 8 months!

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

TOO SOON

/sarcasm

Boub said the actual xpac was pushed back till Dec, don't doubt his knowledge!
    How the fuck can it be pushed back if it didnt have an official release date?

Quote Originally Posted by AuthurDent View Post
    I am in Beta... it's a LOT further along than people think...
    It's unplayable. Yesterday I got 3 wow errors and I had to reboot my computer 2 times during 30 minutes of play.
    Then I was finally able to play for 15 minutes without problems and...
    "World server is down"
    They can't release it in November.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2010-09-29 at 02:14 PM.

Release is no longer classified as "soon."

"The time has come to set the framework for the imminent release of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Check out our refurbished Under Dev page for a look at the core features being implemented in this major patch."

Is there an official Blizzard definition for the word imminent? This is the definition on dictionary.com:

im·mi·nent
       /ˈɪmənənt/ Show Spelled[im-uh-nuhnt] Show IPA
    –adjective
    likely to occur at any moment; impending: Her death is imminent.
    projecting or leaning forward; overhanging.