Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    um tbh mostly when ppl complains in this forum its actually the more hardcorish players whining about other ppl who isnt as hardcorish also get purples.
    i have barely seen any casuals complaining about the opposite.

I actually like the change.
    Not that it matters to you OP, as I am a casual PvPer, with no more than the basic PvP set and some of my ICC gear.

...but the point is, I'm not a massive fan of Arena, BGs is what I love - see my sig - and it's what I will always do.

Now the only thing that ever really frustrates me in BGs, is getting beaten by people in full Wrathful. Don't get me wrong, yea, I do beat quite a few Wrathful geared people, and it never deters me from un-stealthing, and trying to take them down, but it frustrates me that a fight with equally skilled people can be won by the one with the bigger stick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I love BGs like a fucking awesome person loves fucking fighter jets, holy shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    I'm personally disappointed that for a game called World of Warcraft there is a distinct lack of sailing interactivity. There's two types of seaworthy vessels right there in the game's name, but the various ships all take predetermined paths or don't move at all!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why people are complaining about this, PvP gear has been easy to get since patch 2.0 with the honor changes. I have been PvP'ing since vanila and comparing it to now a lot has changed. I don't even bother doing BG's anymore after I got my Battlemaster title because, the majority of people in BG's are bots and Blizzard obviously does nothing against it, I even made a list of people who bot in those BG's and looked them up in the armory and guess what gear they have? Full furious because, blizzaard obviously doesn't care.

I hope in cataclysm blizzard makes bg rated guild only or you have to join up in a bg team like an arena team because really its pretty BS when you "work your ass off" for pixels while people just bot which makesyou lose but they still get the same point that you did. I read up on the beta forums that the BG rated weapons will have a ratign requirement for it pretty impressed hope the same goes for the gear.

Anyways in conclusion I hope blizzard makes it that only BG teams are allowed to buy weapons or if blizzard can do something about botters there isn't any PvP going on in BG's just people walking around spawn point. =/

In my opinion, pvp is not always about gear. Even if the opponent has better gear than you do, its still easy for you if you know what to do.
    Gear will be easier to get, I agree. Yet, you will still be able to wtfpwn them easily and laugh on them

Quote Originally Posted by beneholio View Post
    On a serious note: WoW PvP has never been good.

If you like PvP i recommend you to try Warhammer Online or wait for the upcoming Guild Wars 2.
    On a serious note: None of these games have good or balanced PVP that requires skill, because all of these games including WoW are easy to play.

The closest you get to requiring skill is a team based FPS or Strategy game. Not an MMORPG - a game where most if not all the top end know exactly what to do when and it mostly comes down to a bit of lag or RNG.

I suppose if you made certain hits always hit the same amount (and always hit).. maybe o_O
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffreytracy View Post
    I will admit something to you guys, I'm no crazy hardcore gladiator with T2 weapon.. Heck, it took everything I had to even get shoulders... Everything!
    if this is true than you my gud sir are aweful.

i didnt pvp at all this xpac till s7, and didnt do arena till s8. i did it in tbc and got so frustrated (played a shaman) that i stopped and didnt feel like doing it. s8 came around and i decided to give it a shot. so i got some guildies and tried it. our comp was, no joke, me at resto, a boomkin, a holy pally, an ele, and a ret. yes, 2 shamans and 2 pallies.

within 5 weeks we were at 1950, with no ms, and no bubble pop. dont know what comp u ran but it couldnt be much worse.

stop being so melodramatic.

read your speal about ppl being "1200 bads / pve noobs" so here it is
    >>> wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Echo+Isles&cn=Pbjellytime <<<
    and i noticed you dont have an armory link...

TL;DR ran the worst 5s comp you could think of and got to 1950 easy
    Last edited by QQingshaman; 2010-09-30 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmot View Post
    In my opinion, pvp is not always about gear. Even if the opponent has better gear than you do, its still easy for you if you know what to do.
    Gear will be easier to get, I agree. Yet, you will still be able to wtfpwn them easily and laugh on them
    Come to 80, get crafted pvp gear, go BG, face wrathful. DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIEDIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIEDIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIEDIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE +30x more

Acquire one off piece of wrathful or main piece relentless. Go BG DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIEDIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIEDIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIEDIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIEDIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIEDIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIEDIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIEDIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIEDIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIEDIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIEDIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE + 29 x more

Get another off piece wrath or main piece relentless. Go bg

DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE.......... etc...

Once you are full wrath/relentless. Go arena... get to 2.1-2.3k: DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIEDIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIEDIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIEDIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIEDIE DIE DIE etc

Stick there for however many weeks it takes to save up for weapon.

Get weapon, get to 2.4-5k. Never get near top cus you cant outplay people the same skill as you enough times and their gear will beat your gear by a great margin. Woop. gg
    Last edited by Sackman; 2010-09-30 at 07:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

I think the reall issue is the fact that they are trying to lower the skillcap of the game, decrease the difference between a good player and a bad player in terms of what he can do with his/her abilities rather than everyone getting the same gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    Come to 80, get crafted pvp gear, go BG, face wrathful. DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIEDIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIEDIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIEDIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE +30x more

Acquire one off piece of wrathful or main piece relentless. Go BG DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIEDIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIEDIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIEDIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIEDIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIEDIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIEDIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIEDIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIEDIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIEDIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIEDIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE + 29 x more

Get another off piece wrath or main piece relentless. Go bg

DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE.......... etc...

Once you are full wrath/relentless. Go arena... get to 2.1-2.3k: DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIEDIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIEDIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIEDIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIEDIE DIE DIE etc

Stick there for however many weeks it takes to save up for weapon.

Get weapon, get to 2.4-5k. Never get near top cus you cant outplay people the same skill as you enough times and their gear will beat your gear by a great margin. Woop. gg
    as a warrior this post made me think about early wrath pvp i hate you for making me remember it

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexiefy View Post
    I didnt feel well back pre tbc when 2.0 came out, giving every1 acces to rank14 gear for which i worked for couple of months. You know what changed? i just saw tons of ppl running in r14 shoulders (or more) that were still dying instantly cause they couldt utilize their class abilities.
    oh how I miss those times. I did only get to rank 10 though(only soloed never had a pvp group), leaving me playing with the blue PVP gear, which was still pretty neat anyway. Resilience changed the gameplay quite a bit, if you have it fine, if you don't you're screwed. I'm really glad that blizzard changed the stat so it won't reduce the chance to get critically hit anymore. I think the absorb should go away too but that would be too much wishfull thinking, hehe. Though with all those lifepools it should still take some time until a player is downed.

The funny thing about the resilience nerf and more dependence on HP instead will give many PVE Players the chance to actually get their hands on PVP gear, since resilience geared players won't be able to twohit them, like right now in WotLK.

I'd like to see some resilience figures for a full Viscous-Gladiator geared player. How much crit damage reduce and damage reduce are they getting? I have a feeling, that it won't be an as deciding factor as it was in WotLK, of course this is subject to change as Cataclysm gets older and older...

I have a feeling, that it won't be an as deciding factor as it was in WotLK, of course this is subject to change as Cataclysm gets older and older...
    I hope it will be more of a deciding factor in cata than it was in wotlk, orelse the gear difference in pvp between pveërs and pvpërs only grows bigger and bigger, giving pveërs a even bigger edge than they have today in wotlk.