Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

4.0 Resto Healing

So i was screwing around on the PTR last night and notice that to spec I had to take talents for Healing touch and Nourish, what surprise me was that with the lost of some of our haste talents both had a 2.06 cast time so i found myself never using either instead opting to using regrowth which seems to crit A lot and give that ground aura heal.
    Basically HT is Big heal with hi mana cost
    Nourish is Medium heal with low mana cost

I was curious as to other peoples experience and opinions on this
    Rogues don't have loyalties, they have contracts and their blades are purchased in gold.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nourish: 2.5 sec cast, 3204-3722 heals (20% more with hot), 7% base mana.
    Regrowth: 1.5 sec cast, 3383 to 3775 direct heal + 1083 over 6 seconds, 35% base mana.
    Healing Touch: 2.5 sec cast, 7211 to 8515 heal, 38% base mana.

Nourish will be our go-to-heal, which means the spell we use when people's health aren't that low.
    Regrowth is meant to be a fast heal, to bring up peoples health, but also in addition to this it heals for a nice amount over time and has a high critt chance aswell as leaving a hot on the ground.
    Healing Touch is meant to be the more mana efficient spell, which means offering more heal for each mana, but because of it's cast time we still need to use it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iLive View Post
    Nourish: 2.5 sec cast, 3204-3722 heals (20% more with hot), 7% base mana.
    Regrowth: 1.5 sec cast, 3383 to 3775 direct heal + 1083 over 6 seconds, 35% base mana.
    Healing Touch: 2.5 sec cast, 7211 to 8515 heal, 38% base mana.

Nourish will be our go-to-heal, which means the spell we use when people's health aren't that low.
    Regrowth is meant to be a fast heal, to bring up peoples health, but also in addition to this it heals for a nice amount over time and has a high critt chance aswell as leaving a hot on the ground.
    Healing Touch is meant to be the more mana efficient spell, which means offering more heal for each mana, but because of it's cast time we still need to use it well.
    Recap:

Fast and High Damage = Regrowth
    Fast and Low Damage = Nourish + Reju
    Slow and High Damage = Healing Touch

Is the only way to have mana at 85.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithis View Post
    Recap:

Not really. Nourish and Healing Touch have the same cast time so saying one is fast and one is slow is false.

Fast, small and relative to its size expensive = Regrowth (HoT component is butchered so it is much more similar to other classes quick heal)
    Slow, moderate and dirt cheap = Nourish (this is the go to heal, spam it to your hearts content, it doesn't heal all that much but you can basically cast it forever.)
    Slow, Huge and expensive = Healing Touch (Use this when tanks are in trouble, it hits like a truck but spamming it will run you oom pretty fast.)

Those three spells are basically mirrors of all the other classes spells Only differences are talents, Regrowths small HoT, and Nourishs healing for more on targets with HoTs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahon View Post
    Not really. Nourish and Healing Touch have the same cast time so saying one is fast and one is slow is false.

Fast, small and relative to its size expensive = Regrowth (HoT component is butchered so it is much more similar to other classes quick heal)
    Slow, moderate and dirt cheap = Nourish (this is the go to heal, spam it to your hearts content, it doesn't heal all that much but you can basically cast it forever.)
    Slow, Huge and expensive = Healing Touch (Use this when tanks are in trouble, it hits like a truck but spamming it will run you oom pretty fast.)

Those three spells are basically mirrors of all the other classes spells Only differences are talents, Regrowths small HoT, and Nourishs healing for more on targets with HoTs.
    False. Spam only Nourish en 85 Dungeon and you will wipe like hell, yo have to be able to see the incoming damage and the regularity, in other case you will be really bad, Nourish and HC are tooo sloow even with talent.

False. Spam only Nourish en 85 Dungeon and you will wipe like hell, yo have to be able to see the incoming damage and the regularity, in other case you will be really bad, Nourish and HC are tooo sloow even with talent.
    actually you are the incorrect one. nourish and HT have the same SLOW cast time. nourish is cheap and heals for little. HT is expensive and heals for a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didnt said the oposite. Both have the same Slow Cast Time, but Healing Touch is far more expensive. So, why makes the diferences between a Slow, Low and Cheap spell and a Slow, High and Expensive Spell? That is the damage that we are healing.

Is the damage is low, we have to go for Nourish, but is the damage is High we have to go for Healing Touch (only if the damage is Slow apply, like a Cleave on a Boss).
    Also we have to remember the utility of Healing Touch reducing the CD of Swiftmend and Nature's Swiftness, and Swiftmend heal more than a Single Healing Touch.

---------- Post added 2010-09-17 at 03:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mahon View Post

Read again, i didnt said that Nourish is faster, i said that the damage that nourish is healing have to be Fast and Slow.

the you might want to edit this post....

Recap:

10+ Year Old Account

whywhwhwhy

Quote Originally Posted by Cerelli View Post
    the you might want to edit this post....
    Why? :s

*facepalm*

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you show me your thoughts for every spell? When you will use, Nourish, HT and RG? Instant a retard facepalm?

Recap:

helped you out a little bit. see if you can spot the one word that has led to this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    and what will you use in a situacion of fast and low damage, beside hots?

alright i'll spell it out for you since you are apparently more dense than lead.

in the post i've been quoting you said nourish has a fast cast time. it does not. therefore Mahon corrected you. You then tried to prove him wrong. I agreed with Mahon that you were wrong with that one single post, that ONE SINGLE word. If you had said that nourish had a slow cast time we wouldn't be here now.

It is pretty clear that English isn't your native language, that's fine. But a lot of your posts are getting lost in translation for me. And I have absolutely no clue what you are asking me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never said that nourish has a fast cast time, sorry for the bad english, but that was never that i want to say.

wow just wow. I have to say that was a facepalm well justified . He corrected a mistake in your recap, explained it a bit further and you reply with "False", completely ignoring his correction and repeating what he said.

He was saying thats the damage you'd use the spell for not the spells ability, him with bad english has better comprehension of the language then you two.

Personally I have yet to have seen a reason to even use Healing touch.

Healing Touch: 38% of your base mana - 3 second Cast - Heals a friendly target for 7211 to 8515. (@85)
    Regrowth: 35% of your base mana - 1.5 second cast - Heals a friendly target for 3383 to 3775 and another (361 * 3 * 1) over 6 sec. (@85)
    Nourish: 7% of your base mana - 3 second cast - Heals a friendly target for 3204 to 3722. Heals for an additional 20% if you have a Rejuvenation, Regrowth, Lifebloom, or Wild Growth effect active on the target. (@85).

Regrowth crit rate is going to be at least 60% going in (thats completely naked), leaves a hot, and has a pretty damn good chance of throwing a trauma like heal under the target.

The mistake blizzard made with healing touch is not giving us any benefits to use it over nourish besides making it a bigger heal. From what I have seen on the PTR, HT still doesn't have a high crit rating (about half that of nourish). Nourish refreshes Lifebloom, so using it on the person you have lifebloom on makes sense (if you have a regrowth hot on them, otherwise you would regrowth). Nourish also benefits from hot's already on the target.

My question is, would you guys even be considering using Healing Touch over Regrowth x 2 if you didn't have to worry about mana?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whydrood View Post
    Personally I have yet to have seen a reason to even use Healing touch.

Healing Touch: 38% of your base mana - 3 second Cast - Heals a friendly target for 7211 to 8515. (@85)
    Regrowth: 35% of your base mana - 1.5 second cast - Heals a friendly target for 3383 to 3775 and another (361 * 3 * 1) over 6 sec. (@85)
    Nourish: 7% of your base mana - 3 second cast - Heals a friendly target for 3204 to 3722. Heals for an additional 20% if you have a Rejuvenation, Regrowth, Lifebloom, or Wild Growth effect active on the target. (@85).

Regrowth crit rate is going to be at least 60% going in (thats completely naked), leaves a hot, and has a pretty damn good chance of throwing a trauma like heal under the target.

The mistake blizzard made with healing touch is not giving us any benefits to use it over nourish besides making it a bigger heal. From what I have seen on the PTR, HT still doesn't have a high crit rating (about half that of nourish). Nourish refreshes Lifebloom, so using it on the person you have lifebloom on makes sense (if you have a regrowth hot on them, otherwise you would regrowth). Nourish also benefits from hot's already on the target.

My question is, would you guys even be considering using Healing Touch over Regrowth x 2 if you didn't have to worry about mana?
    That's the thing, you will need to worry about mana.

Recap:

Let me rephrase this so everyone gets on the same page.

When incoming damage is fast and high cast Regrowth.
    When incoming damage is fast and small cast Nourish and/or Rejuvenation
    When incoming damage is slow and high cast Healing Touch.

No where in his post did he say anything about cast times. You just saw the words fast and slow and assumed they were being related to cast times. In his post, fast and slow were referencing the frequency of incoming attacks.
    Last edited by Jahoota; 2010-09-17 at 08:04 PM.