Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What DPS spec are we rolling with in 4.0?

It's time we had a thread such as this in here, since now 4.0 is weeks away(considering the arena season announcement, 4.0 should be the next week after that).

There is alot of debate atm if Fury is any good w/o some of it's basic DPS talents now too deep in Arms(read Deep Wounds) which are a big part of our DPS atm. Also the dissapearance of armor penetration on gear begs the question, shouldn't we raid as Arms in 4.0, considering all of the spec's core vital talents should be attainable at lvl 80?

Wtb an intelligent discussion around this, refrain from QQ and other stuff that doesn't belong here, tnx.

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

Deleted
    Im pretty sure i'll stick with fury, and just stack alot of hit/haste through reforging. According to some PTR testing we can do over 7k dps on dummys that way, wich will suffice in ICC25.

Deleted
    I have both fury and arms atm
    I'll do a little testing, an pick the best one. If both are screwed I'll just play prot till level 85

Arms is fun to play tho, feels nice. Sudden death is useless atm, as we can't access colossus smash. I might try it. but, better not have to gem for haste now that i switched over 20 gems from arp to str !

have a good one

Correct me if i am wrong but isn't Reforging only usable in cataclysm/beta(atm) ?

And guys I think we should neglect issues like "pff i am not regemming" I was aiming for a more hardcorish discussion about 4.0 raiding and not leveling.

Deleted
    No, reforging is available in PTR, and in 4.0 release. And im also talking about raiding . As for now hit rating is kinda bullshit on live, but in 4.0 our melee dps is about 40%~ of our dps as fury, so hit becomes very enjoyable, aswell as to keep enrage up fulltime hit/haste will be very important, not to talk about rage generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhen View Post
    No, reforging is available in PTR, and in 4.0 release. And im also talking about raiding . As for now hit rating is kinda bullshit on live, but in 4.0 our melee dps is about 40%~ of our dps as fury, so hit becomes very enjoyable, aswell as to keep enrage up fulltime hit/haste will be very important, not to talk about rage generation.
    I don't understand why hit and haste would affect our Enrage uptime. And why would hit be enjoyable beyond the cap, as oposed to say haste. Are you talking from the pov where raw white damage would be more important than our yellow damage? Even so we're mainly boosting just the output of the offhand with hit, which is handicapped by default anyway. And also remember crit cap will be gone in 4.0 w/o the leather items, so imho instead of hit we'd want crit to cap and then haste. I think as far as 4.0 goes SMF should fall behind TG w/o proper str 1handers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morggane View Post
    Arms is fun to play tho, feels nice. Sudden death is useless atm, as we can't access colossus smash. I might try it. but, better not have to gem for haste now that i switched over 20 gems from arp to str !
    Colossus Smash is pretty awesome. Arms DPS is going to depend heavily on maximizing CS uptime. So far, it looks like SD procs quite a bit, so it should have a decent amount of uptime.

Griefel the cap is huge not just 8% for white attacks. Crits won't effect our rage income anymore which makes haste our main stat for gaining rage. Also we have a percentage on every hit to get enraged which makes hate even better since we get more hits.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalynfein View Post
    Crits won't effect our rage income anymore
    Wrong. Crits still affect rage income.

You sure? Was so sure I read that with the rage normalisation they removed that crit effected rage income...

15+ Year Old Account
    The normalization is that the amount of damage you do no longer determines how much rage you generate. Now your white hits always generate X amount of rage, and your white crits Y amount of rage. That's a simplification of the system, but that's generally how it works.

ok then I read it wrong. Still haste seems to be rather good for us.

15+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, it's alot better than it used to be, partly because our best bonus stat, ArP, is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Finangus View Post
    Wrong. Crits still affect rage income.
    Currently on the test realm and in beta, crits do not increase incoming rage.

Edit: this is also confirmed on the Elitist Jerks Cata warrior changes thread- looking about half way down the last page, a post by Landsoul and others on the rage generation formula.
    Last edited by grug; 2010-09-29 at 01:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grug View Post
    Indeed, it's common knowledge, I don't know what you're doing spreading bad information like that Finangus. I suppose you must've truly believed you were right.
    "The truth, my goal."

Thanks guys I couldn't believe I got it that wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grug View Post

Edit: this is also confirmed on the Elitist Jerks Cata warrior changes thread- looking about half way down the last page, a post by Landsoul and others on the rage generation formula.
    Then I stand corrected. That's completely contradictory to what GC stated the new system would be.

Tuvok, yeah, I don't know why I'd ever believe anything a dev said.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalynfein View Post
    ok then I read it wrong. Still haste seems to be rather good for us.
    For Fury anyway.

@Finangus: Well if GC said that their system will be that, the changes are still coming.

Crits originally did affect it on beta...it was changed a month or so ago. Inner rage had to good of an uptime in lvl 80 gear. If I remember right GC had stated that they may revert back depending on the test results based on lvl 85 raiding, but for the moment they are wanting to undershoot rage income rather than nerfing it later.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org