Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Future Cataclysm raids

So at release we will have:

- Grim Batol
    - Blackwing descent
    - Throne of the four winds
    - (Im not going to count the VoA style Tol Barad raid.)

The Firelands
    - will come in a later content patch, most probably the first one, since it has been in development the most time. So we will probably see this one in 4.1

Caverns of time: War of the Ancients
    - Tom Chilton said that there will be a WotA raid in CoT later in the cataclysm expansion. As far as i know that's all that has been said about WotA.

So what other raids would you like to see? Have Blizzard said anything about other raids, like a Abyssal Maw raid?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Atica View Post

Caverns of time: War of the Ancients
    - Tom Chilton said that there will be a WotA raid in CoT later in the cataclysm expansion. As far as i know that's all that has been said about WotA.

So what other raids would you like to see? Have Blizzard said anything about other raids, like a Abyssal Maw raid?
    will this be a 25man version of dota? =) (dota is the 5 man version)

and the raid boss shall be roshan

Deleted
    Well ofc Deathwing's hideout. WotA seems fun, i want it!!!

Maybe something with an old god? chaos always brings in some fun!

I would like an Abyssal Maw raid alot!

It's not to dark like Naxx/ICC (tierd of that), but still not Sunwell light. I think they could make something really cool out of it.

And imo, Abyssal Maw reminds me abit of Azjol-Nerub and Old Kingdom. Seeing we didn't get any raid there as alot people was hoping for I think they should give us this!

Hoping!
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Firelands sounds cool but I'm more concerned with design than setting. Cataclysm would be the best expansion ever if every raid had as much effort put into it as Ulduar.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalas View Post
    Firelands sounds cool but I'm more concerned with design than setting. Cataclysm would be the best expansion ever if every raid had as much effort put into it as Ulduar.
    Indeed. And I think Abyssal Maw have the potential to fulfill that, actually.
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Upptagen View Post
    I would like an Abyssal Maw raid alot!

It's not to dark like Naxx/ICC (tierd of that), but still not Sunwell light. I think they could make something really cool out of it.

And imo, Abyssal Maw reminds me abit of Azjol-Nerub and Old Kingdom. Seeing we didn't get any raid there as alot people was hoping for I think they should give us this!

Hoping!
    That would be awesome....with UNDERWATER BOSSFIGHTS!
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have any blue confirmation and this might just be something my mind has made up, but I believe something was said about an uldum raid at some point in Cataclysm.
    Why is the shield generator always outside the shield?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be ecstatic to see at least 2 Old God raids, as from what has been shown there could be multiple scenarios for it.

Uldum super-weapon ulduar-esque raid. Would be great to see an Ulduar with Egyptian themes.

Abyssal Maw: Old god near there, so maybe. I have yet to see if I want to see something there, as I am not in the beta and seen the underwater content.

Old-World Raid: I really hope they make a full raid in one of the Older zones based on unused zone lore. It could be as little as a 1 or 2 boss raid. One easy example would be Stonetalon Peak where an Old God has taken up residence, but perhaps a better would be say Un'goro where some power Elemental lieutenants rise or a crazed Titan construct that was meant to defend Un'goro but has taken to destroying it.

---------- Post added 2010-09-29 at 04:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kalas View Post
    Well, definitely one or two raids like Ulduar, but I'm starting to like the idea of 1-3 and 4-6 boss raids. I just hope they use what lore is already there, even if it takes a little embellishing.
    Over-thinking, Over-analyzing, separates the body from the mind.

Troll raids. The whole expansion.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    Troll raids. The whole expansion.
    Nah, troll raids R dumb.
    Over-thinking, Over-analyzing, separates the body from the mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Atica View Post

- Grim Batol
    - Blackwing descent
    - Throne of the four winds
    - (Im not going to count the VoA style Tol Barad raid.)
    I think you are confusing Grim Batol with Bastion Of Twilight..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chareoss View Post
    I think you are confusing Grim Batol with Bastion Of Twilight..
    right! its Bastion of Twilight (Cho'Gall and Sinistra)

i dont know where i have read something like Cthun is going to be back in cata (im not talking about the rumor of BoT H boss), probably Cthun will be back on Silithus OR ULDUM?
    Quote Originally Posted by Funfish View Post
    All this phylactery talk got me thinking... If you were a lich, where would you hide your phylactery?
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeb View Post
    Once in church when priest went to get more candles I whispered to my friend "Priest ran out of reagents" and heard someone laugh very loud behind us.

Deleted
    Firelands/Sulfuron keep will most likely come in 4.1. and heres hoping its "outdoorsy" i.e. you have the freedom to choose whatever order you do the bosses, but you will always kill ragnaros in the end.

4.2 Hopefully a naga raid, where the end boss is Queen Azshara, but we don't fight her, instead we do a gauntlet event while the earthern ring fight her, the end boss being her leiutenant or something.

4.3 should add some new dungeons like the Frozen Hall dungeons in 3.3, possibly a twilight dungeon in Darkwhisper Gorge, that leads to a cool dungeon set in the emerald dream where twilights hammer are trying get the Essense of the Nightmare as a weapon against Nordrassil which then takes you to a phased version of Nordrassil, there you must do an event similar to Culling of Stratholme to stop them corrupting the World Tree.

4.4 should include another raid, possibly a troll raid revolving around the Gurubushi Trolls who have moved to the newly built Balal Temple, here they clash constantly with the murlocs as they attempt to re-establish there connections with there loas.

4.5 would be the final raid, involving the final fight against Deathwing, during the fight you would be aided by Alexstrasza, at 25% Deathwing will bow before Alexstrasza and surrender, a cut-scene will follow showing him change to his human form and kneel before Alexstrasza before un-sheathing a large axe and shouting, "I AM POWER INCARNATED, YOU ARE NOTHING BUT SHADOWS OF MY PAST" and striking her down, you must then kill deathwing while Korialstrasz attempts to heal here. The End...

Quote Originally Posted by KrakenMyth View Post
    im not talking about the rumor of BoT H boss
    It is not a rumour. The Bastion of Twilight Heroic-only boss is Sinestra.

Remember Blizzard said they want to have multiple raids per tier.

4.1: The Firelands and maybe an Azshara vs. Neptulon Abyssal Maw raid.

4.2: WotA (should be a lot of fun ) and Uldum.

4.3: Deathwing, with a tie-in to the next expansion (albeit with a lot more substance than RS [Emerald Dream perhaps]).

My predictions once again...

4.1 Patch - Fury of the Elements

- Firelands (Ragnoras)
    - Abyssal Maw (Neptulon)

4.2 Patch - Dreams of the Past

- War of the Ancients (Xavius)
    - Rift of Aln (Nightmare Old God)

4.3 Patch - Death of the Destroyer

- Grim Batol or Temple of Earth (Deathwing)

Battle of the Badasses - Warcraft Edition

Congrats to Medivh

Bracket Results Here

Why would you not count Tol Barad as a raid? Is it because it only had 1 boss? So would you count Ony raid as not a raid?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Because its the pvp raid.

Battle of the Badasses - Warcraft Edition

Congrats to Medivh

Bracket Results Here

Quote Originally Posted by Nuke1096 View Post
    Because its the pvp raid.
    Yet we don't know what he drops.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post