Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraMagus View Post
    Bullshit there weren't factions. When the game was announced, everybody had already declared their allegiances. Do you think everybody went in blind, that they didn't know anything about the game? No, when it was announced that there would be two factions instead of one, the Horde were as fanatical as they have ALWAYS been.
    Hate to break it to ya buddy, but talking about a near-half of the player base as if they are a faceless mass of fanatics says more about you than it does about the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by loop not defined View Post
    That's not my point.

The game wasn't even released yet, and people are saying "Horde QQed". There wasn't even a fucking Horde, outside of WC3 (where everybody played everything), some Beta players, and a shit-ton of speculators that hadn't even actually played. And now some douche bag is trying to lay blame at millions of people that weren't even fucking there. Give me a break.
    Actually youre wrong, being a closed beta tester back for the original game, there was alot of "preordained" faction players who knew what they wanted to play at release and throughout beta, hell alot of the fanboyism was pretty apparent for both alliance and horde in the beta. Alot of the complaining was by people who played horde in the beta (mainly about how weak shaman was which was pretty spot on, because the first introduction of the shaman was very very underpowered)... The dwarf mage was removed because of the "imbalance of class/race combos" by horde players. Alot of other things were changed because of faction QQ in beta and i really dont feel like getting into that right now, but just know you were wrong in your statement. Alot of QQing was done by both sides, but as someone who started as horde when it came release, horde def seemed to QQ alot more then alliance did throughout beta, then alliance seemed to QQ more when the pvp system was first introduced (mainly because the alliance racials were always more PvE oriented then PvP). But now both sides seem to QQ way to much lol.
    Last edited by Crosis; 2010-09-30 at 04:38 AM.

Before reading this please understand that I do not assume to correct anything you have said, since it is opinion. I want to merely fill in the holes of this post in the hopes of creating a neutral atmosphere where one can consider both sides.
    Quote Originally Posted by Upptagen View Post
    1. I do agree with the fact that Horde get's some more zones and some other stuff than the Alliance in this expansion. But if we look back to Vanillia, the Alliance had slighty more zones than the Horde. Alot of people have said it before and I will say it again; Blizzard are giving Horde what they didn't get in Vanillia.
    After the opening zones, this is largely debatable. I will leave this to perspective since leveling is a joke with the dungeon-finder system anyway.

2. Thrall leaving his throne, Garrosh gets it, Cairne dies, Sylvanas goes mad and maybe something I forgot. Are the Hordes major characters getting more attention? Well, if we once again look back, but this time to TBC and WotLK, we can state;
    -Illidan Stormrage was a Night Elf from the start. His lore stands on the ground from the Alliance.
    Ilidan precedes the forming of the Alliance by nearly 10,000 years (as he makes reference to several times throughout the lore of the Burning Crusade, including his own boss fight). He was deemed a hero, given Sargeras' blessing, defeated and imprisoned after being labeled "The Betrayer" before most of the Alliance races even became known. His escape from prison came after, but by and large Illidan's only interaction with the Alliance occurred long after World of Warcraft's lore was established. Arguably the same can be said for the Horde as well.

-Arthas Menethil, aka The Lich King is a Human. His lore is very Alliance related in my opinion. Going CoT in WotLK was cool for me as a Horde, I enjoyed it, but I guess it was much cooler for Alliance players. Atleast I would have though it was.
    Arthas was born into the Alliance, but most of his activities in life were for Lordaeron and the Knights of the Silver Hand primarily. The Alliance benefited from his heroic deeds merely by consequence of including Lordaeron. Everything he did in death was aimed directly towards anything that was alive, so Arthas / The Lich King worked against both the Alliance and the Horde at the time. Keep in mind that the elves he kills in Quel'Thalas eventually become what we know to be Blood Elves.

-Tirion Fordring, the real "Kingslayer" is a Human. How unexpected. Also his lore stands on the ground from the Alliance. He lead the tournament in totc, followed us the whole way in ICC and slayed Lich King. While Thrall sat on his bench in totc yelling that the Ring of Blood was cooler. How awesome!
    Tirion was excommunicated from both the Order of the Silver Hand and the Alliance for protecting the life of an orc. That alone should quell any opposition towards his neutrality, but his Argent Crusade reacts positively towards both the Alliance and the Horde. Whether or not he truly is the Kingslayer is up for debate (I don't know what LK kills you've been to but he spents 90% of the fight iceblocked) has little bearing on his neutrality between the Alliance and the Horde. With respect to Caverns of Time, the first instance released in that instance hub was breaking Thrall free.

3. The Battle for Gilneas, the battleground, seems to be much Alliance favored. Two of the three bases are much closer to the Alliance starting point, which means they get to start with 2 bases, while Horde gets one. That's not really Horde favored...
    The idea behind battlegrounds isn't showing one faction more or less favor, and any arguments to the contrary are mostly circumstantial. One can argue that the bridge to Dun Baldar gives Alliance an edge against the horde, but the same bottleneck can be created while entering Frostwolf Village as Alliance. Another example is that many people believe Horde have better access to the Blacksmith in AB, as well as the Lumber Mill flag. These are largely accusations based on whether or not a paladin's crusader aura is present.

You are welcome to keep your opinion the way it is because frankly I am not in the mood to break down the entire internet and discuss how one side is favored more. I have played both factions and have found an equal number of things that I like and dislike about them, and have arrived at the conclusion that the most attractive faction consists of the people I want to play with (on a specific level, not the "LOLE ALLIANTS IS ALL TWEALVE YERS OLDs" argument).

Cheers

I asked the official boards if anybody knew whether the removal of Dwarven Mages was stated as faction balancing, or if it was simply assumed. The response has largely pointed towards assumed...which isn't at all surprising.

Of course, fan boys would rather blame Horde/Alliance than admit that the removal might have had something to do with lore.
    Nyuthing!

10+ Year Old Account
    Orcs have no rights to the land, they are foreign invaders as are space goats, hence we should all ally against them, except spacegoat women, who doesn't like teh waggle?
    Chow is my love monkey.

15+ Year Old Account
    You guys get a good thing going then you have to ruin it by flaming eachother. It's not difficult to ignore people who you have nothing good to say to.

[Locked]