Thread: Bcb t3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I had an idea for Rune Strike: (Placeholder name)
    [Might of Mograine Rank 3/3]
    Your Rune Strike Ability no longer requires a Dodge or Parry to use, and now has a 3 Second Cooldown. Cost increased to 30 Runic Power. Your Heart Strikes, Death Strikes and Blood Boils have a 30% chance to proc Empowerment of the Damned that resets the Cooldown on your Rune Strike and makes your next Rune Strike cost no Runic Power.

The proc chance would need some tuning but the geist of the idea is that. I thought they'd scrap Bladed Armor, move BCB up to Tier 1 and Toughness up to T2 so PvPers can access it leaving a hole in T3 for "Might of Mograine."

My Blood Tree would be like this:
    Hand of Doom - Blade Barrier - Morbidity (BCB goes to Unholy)
    (Empty Space) - Scent of Blood (2 Ranks) - Scarlet Fever (also procs from HS or DS)
    Abomination's Might - Bone Shield (re-vamped) - (Empty Space SoB?) - Might of Mograine
    Sanguine Fortitude - Blood Parasites - Imp. Blood Presence (with Imp. Blood Tap effect)
    Will of the Necropolis - Rune Tap - Vampiric Blood
    (Empty Space) - Imp. Death Strike - Crimson Scourge (Blood Swarm procs from re-applying any disease)
    (Empty Space) - Dancing Rune Weapon (re-vamped into a cooler version of Hysteria)

(Frost Tier 1 totally revamped, Unholy Tier 1 has Virulence as baseline, replaced by Runic Corruption which also reduces the cost of Frost Strike, but not by as much).

Butchery is gone, finally. Bladed Armor is finally also gone. PvPers can access Toughness and Hand of Doom without having to burn through too many points. Virulence would ofc be baseline, maybe move Runic Corruption up there or something nice.

Bone Shield would reduce incoming Damage by 20% for 10 seconds, no cost 1 minute Cooldown. Its a minor Cooldown but definitely more worth it than the current one.

Imp. Blood Presence has Imp. Blood Tap effect as secondary to cut the whining about it having no secondary effect.

Crimson Scourge's Blood Swarm can no proc just from having Diseases re-freshed so even if you use Outbreak it'll still proc.

Dancing Rune Weapon increases your Threat generated by 50%, 1% Health lost every second for 30 seconds. Cost.... 40 Runic Power. Increases Dodge and Parry by 10% while up. 2 Minute Cooldown.

Scent of Blood is reduced to 2 Ranks since with the Rune Strike change 3/3 will be useless anyway.

Oh yeah, Nerves of Cold Steel gets baked into Threat of Thassarian (Threat of Cold Steel? lol) and becomes Frosts' last Passive Bonus. Might of Frozen Wastes is scrapped (or maybe moved to Tier 1 Frost?).

Dark Transformation: (Added Effect) When your Ghoul is not present your damage is increased by 2%. (Placeholder number, the idea is to make Non-Pet Unholy viable though. Shadow Infusion would need some sort of effect too probably). If your Ghoul does on Live 500 DPS I figured doubled it would be 1K so.... 2% Damage maybe. Although it might be a bit too much.

I pulled that together in a hurry but I think it would be a decent batch of changes that Blood would really, really love. There's no Tier that covers all 4 spots though, so idk... Maybe move SoB down to Tier 3 so its next to Bone Shield, not like it'll be missed anyway.

Ok so I pulled the tree together on War-Tools: Clicky!
    Last edited by mmoc34c31092a9; 2010-10-01 at 04:45 PM.

@Shiira: normally, I agree with you but this time I have to take the other side. The bcb change, no matter how you look at it, is a nerf. Not just to Frost, but to Unholy. Yes, having BCB wasn't a choice. As a flat dps increase it was mandatory if the points were available to go there. Now we have a choice, but a choice of what?

As frost, we can dip into blood and go Bladed Armor/Butchery and then nowhere. Hand of Doom, Scent of Blood and Scarlet Fever are all idiotic to take as dps. The same can be said for unholy. We can dip into unholy and take Epidemic/Virulence, and then nowhere. Desecration, Resilient Infection and Morbidity are pointless for dps. This leaves frost back where we were with BCB in tier 2; Without choice. Technically, we actually did have a choice. We could put the 3 into bcb and forego Epidemic/Virulence or we could put the points there and forego BCB and Butchery. As things currently stand, we're essentially left with a cookie cutter spec that will be mandatory for frost, in 3/32/6. I'm out of practice with unholy, so I'll let someone else point out the shortcomings of dipping into frost or blood at the second tier, but as with Frost, All of tier 2 in blood is worthless for unholy as dps. Tier 2 frost isn't horrible for unholy, but it's nothing to write home about.

Basically, what you said gave us a choice, gave us only one choice. The cookie cutter (for frost).

If you go Frost, there wasn't enough points to get 3/3 BCB if you grabbed full spell hit before. Unholy was able to grab 3/3 though.

We shall see what happens. I would be incredibly surprised if Butchery and Bladed Armor lasted another build. Armored to the Teeth was scrapped pretty early, and Butchery has never been a good talent outside of leveling.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Didn't see this, damn. Now I need to make whole new 2h frost specs.

http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#j0hZG...zbuc:MmamqZM0V

Can't decide between GoStrang and GoAMS. The build does leave 3 points if you want longer diseases or Buthery/Bladed Armor.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#j0hZG...zbuc:MmamqZM0V

Can't decide between GoStrang and GoAMS. The build does leave 3 points if you want longer diseases or Buthery/Bladed Armor.
    I'd take Glyph of Hungering Cold, to be honest.

Weird, I meant to have GoHC and GoP, with an empty spot.

Personally, I think placing BcB out of reach of the dps trees (and specifically Unholy) was mainly aimed at putting one more nail in the coffin of DW Unholy, starting first with the disappearance of Necrosis. Two abilities that basically scaled with white damage, which DW excelled at, and was a large part of the reason why DW Unholy kept making appearances.

First they got rid of the 32/39 spec, by moving stuff around. Then when SS was nerfed so hard, DW came back because strike damage didn't matter quite as much as it used to for Unholy, and the white damage from DW scaled better than it's counterpart. Then they changed SS to it's current iteration, and it went away for a while, but at high gear levels (with the exception of folks using Shadowmourne), DW's scaling has been starting to bring it back around again.

Making less abilities based around our white damage, the way Necrosis was, and putting an ability which fired more with DW, out of reach of Unholy was a big step towards their stated design goal of making Unholy exclusively 2H.

In the grand scheme of things, The loss of BcB is no big deal- when they get around to the numbers pass, they'll adjust damage appropriately without it, and it will be one less talent passively increasing our dps, making it more about actually pressing buttons to achieve good dps, and this is a good thing really.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroG View Post
    Personally, I think placing BcB out of reach of the dps trees (and specifically Unholy) was mainly aimed at putting one more nail in the coffin of DW Unholy, starting first with the disappearance of Necrosis.
    Actually, I didn't think of that. This suddenly makes a lot more sense.

I'd still like to see BCB put in mid tier frost however.

It would give a non pvp reason to subspec Frost

Quote Originally Posted by charivari View Post
    Interesting but I think Longer diseases and resillient infection will trump a strangulate CD reducer. Just my opinion of course.
    resilient infection is worthless to unholy since Unholy Blight makes them undispellable. Unless you were talking about frost...

---------- Post added 2010-10-02 at 06:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alcotraz View Post
    Really Imp. Blood Tap should have been rolled into Hand of Doom or Imp. Blood Presence. Pref Imp. Blood Pres so people could stop whining about it not having a secondary effect. Yes DPS would have no access - Good. At least they get some free points for "fun talents."

Also at Alcotraz...your proc for Might of Mograine talent would be pointless since runestrike has a 3 sec cool down (i.e you use runestrike wait 1.5 sec for gcd then use heart strike and wait another 1.5 sec gcd.)

Blood is way too cluttered now.
    Imo all tank specs should just have the 6% crit reduction as one of their passives. Its stupid that its not because its required for tanking and a very boring talent.

---------- Post added 2010-10-02 at 06:17 AM ----------

I had an idea for Rune Strike: (Placeholder name)
    [Might of Mograine Rank 3/3]
    Your Rune Strike Ability no longer requires a Dodge or Parry to use, and now has a 3 Second Cooldown. Cost increased to 30 Runic Power. Your Heart Strikes, Death Strikes and Blood Boils have a 30% chance to proc Empowerment of the Damned that resets the Cooldown on your Rune Strike and makes your next Rune Strike cost no Runic Power.

The proc chance would need some tuning but the geist of the idea is that. I thought they'd scrap Bladed Armor, move BCB up to Tier 1 and Toughness up to T2 so PvPers can access it leaving a hole in T3 for "Might of Mograine."
    A pointless proc since rune strike trigers the GCD (1.5 seconds) then heart strike triggers another GCD (another 1.5 seconds)
    Last edited by Novarian; 2010-10-02 at 06:15 AM.

It would still make it free

Deleted
    Most importantly it would fill in spaces I think. The chance is quite low so we don't get overly GCD-capped, but with a Cooldown on Rune Strike we can use it to spread out how long Runes stay up.

Fuck homogenization, it should be a copy of Heroic Strike, but costing RP.

Off gcd, short cooldown, nice damage, and a way to burn RP and do burst damage.

Deleted
    Off GCD we'd just macro it and forget about it though. Warriors don't have this problem because they only have 1 Resource, macroing it for them would be moronic.

Maybe. I don't like the idea of our main threat move having to be pressed asap when it lights up, yet is random to activate.

Off GCD we'd just macro it and forget about it though. Warriors don't have this problem because they only have 1 Resource, macroing it for them would be moronic.
    yeah but one of the reasons they changed rune strike was because they didn't like us doing just this.

personally i think Blood-caked Blades is one strike too many in the arsenal. it's basically too good for dps and lackluster for tanks(at least with a bloated tank tree it is)

if blood tree can have it's fat trimmed off than BCB can stay there, otherwise call it a lesson learned and scrap the entire thing imo.it causes far more issues than it solves
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    This change has me disappointed for a couple of reasons 1, it just seemed like a dumb change to begin with since there's not enough points for the tanks to pick it up, and 2, now there's not really clear subspec for both dps specs. Some people might consider that a good thing, but personally I think it's silly. If you're unholy dps there's nothing valuable in the first 2 tiers of frost, and if you're frost dps there's nothing valuable in the 2nd tier of unholy that you'd gain from this change. Obviously it doesn't change pvp specs a single bit.

As I see it Unholy gains either on a pale horse or AMS/AMZ and loses BCB... I like the option of having 20% mount speed and AMZ, but neither of those are nearly as good for pve dps as BCB.
    For frost you basically gain some points in spell hit that would have gone into BCB, not as terrible as the Unholy options, but still a nerf.
    I have to quote this...

Quote Originally Posted by Cymorìl View Post
    I have to quote this...
    The sentences you bolded are absolutely correct.