Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Absolutely love this, by far the best Warrior Tier set yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    This warrior set will most likely be doubly awesome when we get some video of it. I can already see the small crystals circling around the shoulders

Good stuff so far! Vast improvements over stale, lifeless LK sets.
    Yes, those orbiting crystals tie it all together. Awesome plate that really looks strong as a rock!

T8 is my favourite warrior set. Just fits so damn well, the art is perfect. This looks like the artist didnt know what to do.

With Sinestra being like the heroic boss of the first tier (I presume?) I think it would be better if they had some draconic influence in there. Basically I find the formula to a good warrior set is:
    Take knight armour, full armour, full helms of all types, construct a base, then modify the base with the theme, and then alter at discretion (making OTT bits, glows, added non-sensical bits or non required bits etc).

Here they seem to have started that and then just kinda gone... "HEY STONECORE HAS CRYSTALS".

It doesn't look bad, but it doesnt look good either. With new graphics and things I would have preffered somethign that looked like the crystals were somehow infused with the plate dramatically. As if they had formed a simbiotic relationship, so that they were like pulsing and joining with the armour and have them less "HEY CRYSTALS WE GLOW HERE ON SHOULDERS AND HELM DONE". Like on the arms have them coming back off the arm pieces like how his arm glows here, but more crystally and forget the rest of the shit armour lol :

And then a similar affect on the shoulders but making certain the crystal seems to have fused with the plate or dragonscale so that it looks hard enough to withstand blows. Currently it looks like a a flick of a spell or weapon might take off those crystals on the helm for instance - because they are so isolated. The reference images spikes on the helm would suit it better.

I am not saying the reference image is better (it isn't) and the work by Blizz is still better than what others do, it's just not up to the standard of what I have seen, with things like T8. So it makes me want them to get better each time :P

(If anyone is wondering or can't remember, T8: To see t8 click here
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

I like the "chainmail with plates strapped on top" look, it seems more practical. It would be nice if the tank set was a variation with full plate though :-p

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stykkz View Post
    Hope Dk tier 11 will Be Awesome like warrs (Warrs allways get awesomely looking tiers/pvp gear ----),,,,
    we do. but its compensation for being hit by an eternal nerf bat.

Deleted
    It may be a bit too... Shamanistic...

... But the red colored version, damn. <3

I don't really see how this set in any way competes with T3,T6, heck I even liked T2.5 more (Power Rangers for Life!). And before it got old, T1 (not on a cow). The looks aren't terrible, but I'm not nearly as excited about that as I was about any of the afore mentioned sets. I'd say it is better than T8, though.

Oh look a saronite node!

Looks alright, seems like it'd be more fitting as a DK tier though.

Quote Originally Posted by adàm22 View Post
    yea we get all the epic lookin armor, except t4 it was ugly, and t8 was mediocre imo

ot: T11 looks hella nice
    you fucking high?

This is amazing.

It would be even better if they made the shoulders less pointy imo.

Ive been disappointed by all the t11 sets so far...this will be the first warrior set im not looking forward to prancing around in

the shoulders are ok...the helm looks just ugh..and the rest of the set is so boring

i agree with some, it does look more suited for a dk

EDIT: i kinda like the orangish/red set more without the helm showing, guess im sick of seeing ICC blue
    Last edited by Een; 2010-09-30 at 10:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    anything after tier 0 and tier 0.5 is just horrible.
    i feel like i'm wearing xmass tree decorations and not armor, lol.
    i guess artists in blizzard are overcompensating for something =P

heres a quick doodle lol.

User was given a temp ban for posting obscenely large and borderline trolling photos - Batt
    Last edited by Battousai; 2010-10-01 at 01:59 AM.

I love it. I'm getting annoyed at the lack of mage T11! Gief pics nao kthx <3

Quote Originally Posted by Radley View Post
    Absolutely love this, by far the best Warrior Tier set yet.
    The best warrior tier yet?? No offense man, but have you been playing long?

For me, it's actually down on the list, more towards the middle actually. I enjoy the helm, and can't wait to see it sitting squarely between giant orc shoulders. I also think the shoulders are a step up from pig shoulders; however the idea of "zomg crystals!" on warrior gear leaves a poor taste in my mouth, and i had hoped we left that idea behind after pally T5. The linkage of the breastplate reminds me more of rogue & warlock T10, and looks wrong on plate. Your breastplate should be solid across the front, especially for plate classes. The mail scales have got to go, as it stands like this, it looks like they pulled together some lvl 20 scalemail, and bolted a few plates (and krystalz!) on it.

tldr: 6/10 If i wanted scale armor i'd be playing a Shaman.

Deleted
    Stop thinking of the crystals as decoration and more as just parts of the rock on the armor. I love it personally, it definately gives off a sense of strength and power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamp. Near the town of chair, in the country Coffee Table.
    This set is brilliant, for the first Tier set of the expansion the artists really have out done themselves. If you look at the textures on these sets especially this one, theres mixtures of colour all over it which really bring it together, nice tones, nice shades, not just boring flat silver/grey/black and the merge into the crystals makes it all the better. Tbh this set rocks.

My top 5 so far of awesome warrior gear:

T3 - dreadnaught
    T2 - Wrath
    T11 - Earthen
    T6 - Onslaught
    T8 - Siegebreaker

15+ Year Old Account
    T3 was best looking set ever, T11 is just terri-bad.

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

sexiness.... can't wait

Holy shit, that's beefy lookin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.