Page 1 of 3
LastLast

WoW Skydiving Thread

WoW Skydiving.... Go to the highest place you can find... jump off, parachute, record your video, kill free time

Post your vids or locations!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bGUGXMmUic Epic ending too

Should be the new parkour ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a video, but one very dull winter's night, me and my pally friends (all decked out in merc at the time) were flying around outlands together looking for horde, and when we'd find one we'd all dismount and bubble drop from the sky to him.
    Why?
    We were pretending we were the ODST troopers from Halo 2. I wish I were kidding.

Edit: The video would have been better if you caught him.
    Last edited by Kalyyn; 2010-10-01 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    I don't have a video, but one very dull winter's night, me and my pally friends (all decked out in merc at the time) were flying around outlands together looking for horde, and when we'd find one we'd all dismount and bubble drop from the sky to him.
    Why?
    We were pretending we were the ODST troopers from Halo 2. I wish I were kidding.

Haha, and I know, sooooo damn close to catching...

---------- Post added 2010-10-01 at 03:46 PM ----------

anyone know a better location than the one in the vid?

That's pretty awesome, but I doubt anyone is going to beat that for distance!

p.s. what do people use to record videos while playing?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

I do it as a mage, fly high, invis, free fall. It's scary because you can't see the ground
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    That's pretty awesome, but I doubt anyone is going to beat that for distance!

p.s. what do people use to record videos while playing?
    Fraps is probably the best to recording IMO, or you could just google it, I used Fraps though, really simple and easy to use

A former Guildmate made this video back when ulduar wasn't out yet and you did't have much to do but sitting around in dalaran and die of boredom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScO1wY3EPHU

Ok hitting the Dalaran well was pretty awesome.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

I hit it perfect... but it killed me

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah that was rather proish

honor... no matter how dire the situation is, never forsake it!
    top 3 bands of all time:
    1. depeche mode
    2. pet shop boys
    3. new order

This thread needs more rawrbombs.

Anyway, I don't have videos but I used to just jump off of everything I could find while I was playing my paladin. I turned it into an art form, bubbling a split second before hitting the ground.

I got so used to it, in fact, that while I was leveling my death knight, I forgot what character I was playing and jumped off Dalaran.

He's an engineer but my parachute cloak button is in a different spot than my bubble button so..I summoned a ghoul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hah you arent even close to me:
    Some of my old videos.

And

(that was on lvl 70)

Also jumped on lvl 80 from this place till to the ship that gets you at the alliance landing place (didnt record at that time)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Ok hitting the Dalaran well was pretty awesome.
    Yeah, when i first saw them jump off in that direction i couldn't understand what they were aiming for, then they released the parachute, and i was like omg... then they made it and i was like OMFG!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Unholynight View Post
    WoW Skydiving.... Go to the highest place you can find... jump off, parachute, record your video, kill free time

Bored bump

One time I thought to myself: "Hey, it'd look cool if I jumped of Dalaran with avenging wrath popped." So I tried it.

About halfway down I was all like: "FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU----"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbic
    Hello and also one greeting to each and all,I play Mage class. Whoa I am freaking wild man. My friend if a huntear when I watch it I alway think about this. What makes a hunter Great. How can he do it. And it will be hard. Ever one else is going to get new spells so wat about the hunter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Electromatt View Post
    ruh roh, sorry i just finished masturbating, cant use english correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Why?

that does sounds like fun if like 10+ ally dropped onto a large group of horde
    i hope you yelled "SUP" then smacked em in the face

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholynight View Post

Been trying to find higher locations... no luck, going for height... anyone know anywhere higher?

10+ Year Old Account
    haha pretty fun idea

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Hah you arent even close to me:
    Some of my old videos.

And

(that was on lvl 70)

Also jumped on lvl 80 from this place till to the ship that gets you at the alliance landing place (didnt record at that time)
    ok, this is just amazingly awesome. very good videos