Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Imo yes, anything that's obvious should one-shot you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Precaseptica View Post
    Or even better. It should stack a dot ticking for 20% of your hp every 2 sec until you die, and absorbing all healing done on you and transfering it to the boss.

So you don't just die (uhm, guise! reZZ me wen ur done!), you actually become a liability for the rest of the team in a greater sense - the healer, if awake, is quite likely to try and heal incoming damage like that, furthering the damage you have done to your group.

That's quite an incentive to not fuck up, no?
    Im in love.

Deleted
    Yes they should. But im not sure it will help much. Been helping my brother leveling through the LFD and there are still people dying from the whirl wind guys in normal Halls of lightning. Maybe its not obvious enough.

When just dinging my shaman the general boss in heroic Nexus could kill me with hes whirlwind and it made it more fun to look for it and run then just stand and DPS as it is now.

So yes. Obvious mechanics should kill you.

Honestly, the only way to get most PuG DPS to pay attention would be for bosses to have a mechanic which, if you get hit by it, deletes your Justice Points. Or a random piece of gear.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    obvious mechanics absolutely should kill you. If it looks like it might be able to kill you, it should.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Honestly, the only way to get most PuG DPS to pay attention would be for bosses to have a mechanic which, if you get hit by it, deletes your Justice Points. Or a random piece of gear.
    YES

10+ Year Old Account
    This is an excellent idea, altough I think TotalBiscuit did mention that there needs to be a balance between instant and not instant kill mechanics, so as you overgear stuff you dont feel weak (or too powerful like in WotLK heroics).

I also support the Lootship idea, it's so bland to heal, dps or tank that - for me it's pretty much "5-7 minute wait for loot" - altough I will give credit to Blizzard for what was originally a fun encounter (altough undertuned, even on heroic).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascherzon
    He doesn't read topics before he posts - he just takes a dump, smears it all over his face, rolls his face across the keyboard and presses post.

Quote Originally Posted by Monran View Post
    I can't tell if you're being serious...but the fact you can SEE where the missile/projectile will hit is reason enough for it to kill you if you don't move.
    Eh... I was in a 10 uld drake run and our holy paladin died to a rocket on hm mim. His excuse was that he couldn't see the rocket icon through the fire. Since he couldn't see it because the fire was covering it, was it fair to 1 shot him? (Btw that was his exact excuse when we asked him how he got killed by a rocket.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Eh... I was in a 10 uld drake run and our holy paladin died to a rocket on hm mim. His excuse was that he couldn't see the rocket icon through the fire. Since he couldn't see it because the fire was covering it, was it fair to 1 shot him? (Btw that was his exact excuse when we asked him how he got killed by a rocket.)
    Gunship rockets are a hell lot easier to spot than on mim.

Lootship's obvious missile hit's you for 750.000 damage
    You died.
    You lost 5 Emblems of frost.

15+ Year Old Account
    Like the sindragosa frost bombs on heroic, thats fun. Especially if your an awesome mage like me who likes to tempt fate just to get a bit of mana back.

30% chance to gain 140k mana hells yes <3
    Note: 2nd time around didnt go according to plan

Deleted
    So he was standing in fire!? Ya quite fair, should have been dead before.

Deleted
    ... So he was standing in fire?

Like the spikes that come out of the ground at Anub'arak in hc AN should kill you?

Quote Originally Posted by Bravehéart View Post
    Gunship rockets are a hell lot easier to spot than on mim.
    I don't think so... Either the rocket hits the ground where it is equally obvious, or it lands in the fire. Why are you standing in the fire?

Edit: Glarb gets it, lol.

It has to be true if the Brit said it, tired of that attitude.

10+ Year Old Account
    What was he doing in the fire in the first place?
    isn't this what we are trying to get around. the Fires on Mimiron is very obvious.
    Granted there may be situations where you have to cross through a fire (running from Frostbombs etc.)so Fire on mimiron propably shouldn't kill you. but then again it's heroic!
    Last edited by tussee; 2010-10-01 at 08:09 AM.
    Tarren Mill, EU
    Tussee Level 110
    Ygtitte Level 110, Daènerys Level 110, Hotlava Level 110,
    Palefoot Level 110, Elemulius Level 110, Tussedk Level 110,
    Thuesen Level 110, Briènne Level 110, Tussebank level 110
    Tipoldefar Level 110, Gnarfy Level 110

lol, that will teach them!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aksor View Post
    that's becouse you overgear the nexus
    not sure if you'd be dead when you didn't though
    Nexus was never hard, even in freshly levelled 80 gear and heroic mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Absolutely correct. The easier something is to avoid or notice, the more damage it should do.

The low extreme of this is an ability you CAN'T avoid, which should do only a little damage. Example being: Loken's aura.

The high extreme is something so blatant and obvious you'd have to literally NOT be looking at your screen to miss it. These things should not even do damage - they should just automatically kill you. Example: any of the huge projectiles which have a graphic where they're going to land, are very bright and noticeable, and have a raidwarning popup screaming "HOLY SHIT IT'S DANGEROUS MOVE".

If you fail to move for that second one, you don't deserve to live through it. Fuck you. Pay attention next time, asshat.

Here's to hoping Blizzard takes Totalbiscuit's advice on this matter. I want to see heroics where people have to actually be responsible for themselves. The last time DPS had to do anything other than DPS was BURNING CRUSADE. We've spent an entire expansion - TWO YEARS - with DPS having absolutely no secondary concerns beyond their immediate role. That is unacceptable.
    Are you talking about other concerns like tanking the head on mimiron type deals? or simply instakill mechanics that should be avoided? Because adding some specialized role in a 5 man drasticaly constricts the viable group comps when all of a sudden the LFG tool has the following flags: Tank, Healer, DPS, Warlock, Mage.

If you were simply talking about instakill mechanics, there are several in heroics. The issue people run into is that nearly everyone outgears them by a wide margin. But there was Astral Plane on Ley Guardian Eregos, the arcane explosion on the mage in oculus, The mushrooms on Amanitar, the lightning nova on Loken, the ghoul explosion on Black Knight, the giant lazer on devourer, and ick's poison nova. All of them were pretty much one shots if not handled correctly in appropriate gear levels.

Quote Originally Posted by tussee View Post
    What was he doing in the fire in the first place?
    Yeah, we asked him that after we stopped laughing at his first response. He never gave a reason though. Incidently, he didn't have forbearance on when he died so his bubble was probably up. People like him are the reason I support raid awareness 1 shots.

Edit: Tussee, I agree the fire is a valid mechanic, it does substantial damage but its possible to run through a bit if its absolutely necessary. Its also rather simple to stay out of it, and no there was no frost bomb during that point.
    Last edited by Sesshou; 2010-10-01 at 08:15 AM.