Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icenine View Post
    Alt+ binding are extremely easy to use. Just change your Windows registry to make your capslock key into a 3rd Alt key. That gives your pinky alt above shift above ctrl, which opens up a new world of keybinding possibilities.
    Genius! I didn't know you could do this. How do you change your Windows registry? I always wanted to use Capslock as a keybind but couldn't figure out how to.

Currently for keybinds I use 1-5,~,Q,E,R,F,G,Z,X,C,V, F1-F4 for cooldowns, and Shift+those and Alt+1-5 mostly.
    Last edited by Khalan; 2010-10-08 at 03:16 PM.

Deleted
    I use Mouse button 1-12 on my naga :P
    But if you have any other buttons on your mouse like the middle mouse button bind it.

Try using z x and c you can also bind q but i substitute using Q for 4 (works for me since i dont have to move/stretch my hand from default position to reach 4,5,6

I dont like that you bind your port to two different keys (ShR and ShF) Try shift modifying it for one key.

I use Z to port and ShZ to set my port makes things a lot simpler for one button (But if it works for you go for it). You dont need to bind rain of fire when do you seriously have to use it pve-wise SoC is better (add dps doesnt matter). For a lot of your cooldowns/spells you dont cast very often bind them to shift keys so you can bind more of your priority keys to increase your speed/management. For spells you dont hit that often move them to keys that are (I guess more difficult to hit?) like you could fir in another spell if you moved lifetap to the C button idk for you but moving down on the keyboard is kinda easier for that spell since you dont need to cast it all the time like SB haunt etc. therefore it has less priority and shouldnt have a priority spot on the num keys along with your dps spells.

So basically prioritize your spells on your keyboard just as you would prioritize them for dps'ing

And,

Buy a naga.
    I have a ton of spells bound to it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalan View Post
    Genius! I didn't know you could do this. How do you change your Windows registry? I always wanted to use Capslock as a keybind but couldn't figure out how to.

Currently for keybinds I use 1-5,~,Q,E,R,F,G,Z,X,C,V, F1-F4 for cooldowns, and Shift+those and Alt+1-5 mostly.
    There are plenty of little applications out there that can do it for you, along with lots of tutorials on the interwebz -- just search for "registry tweak capslock" and there'll be some that come up.

do this, if u have just a normal keyboard and a standard mouse like i do... i move with the EDSF buttons, it moves your hand over to the right and gives you more bindings on the left side of your hand, yea it takes a minute to get used to the new movement keys, but in the end its easier to place your hand because of the notch in the F key ( where your pointer finger will end up being)

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder why people need so many keybinds in the first place.

When I'm healing on my shaman (ptr), I'm only using these spells actively in combat:

Chain Heal
    Healing Surge
    Healing Wave
    Greater Healing Wave
    Riptide
    Earth Shield

Those are bound to 1-6. The rest of my spells I just click when I need to use them, which isn't very often at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    I wrote keybinding guide but it's in Polish and due to admins moving servers it lost its pictures

Anyways here's a tip from the PRO [me]:

Program your mouse's side buttons to act like Shift[1st button] and Control [2nd button].
    With this you can make many many morekeybindings while they are still easy to reach all over your keyboard without the need of pressing shift or control on keyboard. IT requires some adapting but is very rewarding. In this way Ctrl+T is actually easy to do since you just press mouse button acting like control and press on keyboard "t"

I got 64 keybinds [including macros] which i use actively
    I do something similar with my mouse. It has a tilt wheel and I use left tilt for shift and right for ctrl. I bought a naga thinking that I would be able to get more binds with it, but its taking me some time to get used to it

alt+2/3 is the best keys ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Demolin View Post
    do this, if u have just a normal keyboard and a standard mouse like i do... i move with the EDSF buttons, it moves your hand over to the right and gives you more bindings on the left side of your hand, yea it takes a minute to get used to the new movement keys, but in the end its easier to place your hand because of the notch in the F key ( where your pointer finger will end up being)
    It's a nice idea, but I find Control and Shift a lot more awkward to use when your fingers live on ESDF rather than WASD. The shift key on my keyboard is very small and doesn't stretch across to the right like most keyboards. In fact, on most gaming keyboards this is the case, so with your fingers in that position your pinky sits on shift at an angle that isn't that secure and pressing something like shift-G becomes uncomfortable because you're overstretching. And that's coming from someone with long fingers.

Also, I don't think it's necessary trying to learn new movement buttons considering we have enough keybindings in the WASD position to bind all the spells necessary during combat. Half the stuff we have in our spellbooks, and that of any class really, don't need to be bound to anything. I run the Opie addon for things like fel armor, healthstones, etc. Frees up tons of keybindings.
    Last edited by Jenerena; 2010-10-08 at 04:25 PM.