42. This poll is closed
  • BM

29 69.05%
  • MM

11 26.19%
  • Surv

2 4.76%

Question [Cataclysm] Best farming/lvling build

What is the best build for leveling up or farming? and pet?

Deleted
    bm and a pet with aoe to keep aggro on pack of mobs

Don't rule out Marksman, or even Survival imo. By using Glyph of Misdirection "pet aggro" isn't an issue.

Glyph of Misdirection
    When you use Misdirection to your pet, the cooldown on your Misdirection is reset.

With 1.0 GCD just MD your pet via a nice macro before each mob, and blow it up as fast as you can. Every spec can level well I think and there are nice perks that might be overlooked, like the fact that Marks get +50 focus every time you kill a mob can make chain pulling easy.

Despite what forums would have you believe both Marks and Surv are doing well in the Beta from what I've tested and seen, its not all "BM BM BM".

----------
    Marks build and I'd use a Bear tanking hard mobs, and likely a Cat for extra burst from Agl for small mobs.

Surv build and with Surv being so magic heavy I would tend to favor something like a Wind Serpent for 8% magic damage, but again a Cat would be solid and a Bear if something needs to be tanked.

Something else to keep in mind, if a mob can be slowed they can be kited very easily and some mobs hit VERY hard so kiting them with some of the improved range dps from marks or surv can be easier then having your pet die some of the time. Really it depends on what you like to play as... and its cool that I mean that when I say it after all this time (raiding might end up being different but leveling... have fun imo).
    Last edited by Highwind; 2010-10-02 at 11:12 AM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    BM with a chimera (ranged snare with 7 sec CD) > all
    i tested it with the old arcane shot but even with the nerfed one you can easily burn mobs before they reach you...

I will go with the tree I like and MM is my spec of choise because it's simply more fun. I will at some point try surv just because I have allways liked it and is now the better looking specs of the 3 on beta.

BM is boring and doesn't seem to get alot more fun in beta atm... only reason I will go BM is for extreme soloing but seeing that I can easily do ZG(wolf pet) and Magisters Terrace hc(turtle pet) with my MM raid spec I will not bother going BM at any time soon.