Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolicious View Post
    OoC is one of the "Boomkin spec" spells
    MMO Champ's cata druid page lists it as a baseline restoration spell, actually, so that must be what they did. I just didn't notice the subtle swap from talent to baseline ability. It definitely makes sense, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    Really? Are you for real? One of the whole reasons for Lunar Shower is to maintain our level of DPS while we're on the move and not able to cast.
    This. Moonkin take the hardest hit to dps when they move out of all the classes at this point. this is supposed to balance that. Combine this with the fact that generally if you get hit in ICC you die or get yelled at, OF isnt really a viable option.

---------- Post added 2010-10-02 at 12:08 AM ----------

so no more popping GotW right before fights for my 2 set proc? Sad owl : (
    Quote Originally Posted by Baever View Post
    Heroic modes =/= additional bosses. It's the same encounter, but cannot be steamrolled by an inbred Texan with same IQ as a roll of toilet paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo View Post
    And, more, I'm fairly certain there are several homosexual characters in the game - they don't need to have <Gay> under their name to make it so.
    I'm that guy who enjoys sitting their 6'5" frame in front of little kids in movie theaters.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taran111 View Post
    so no more popping GotW right before fights for my 2 set proc? Sad owl : (
    They changed Omen-of-Clarity, so it has a different proc rate per spell. Moonfire has a fairly high proc rate (>50%) and Starfall has almost a 100% proc rate PER STAR, so you basically have a constant Omen proc/2pc T10 proc during the entire Lunar eclipse.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what i was planning for PvE

http://wowtal.com/#k=vfo8cuWG.a2y.druid
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    A warrior is kinda like a blender.* You can shatter it from a long way off with a gun, or you could even pull the plug so it can't move, but if you stick your face into it when it's moving you're going to lose.

Ah ok good to know thanks. I really need to spend some serious time on the PTR perfecting the eclipse rotation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baever View Post
    Heroic modes =/= additional bosses. It's the same encounter, but cannot be steamrolled by an inbred Texan with same IQ as a roll of toilet paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo View Post
    And, more, I'm fairly certain there are several homosexual characters in the game - they don't need to have <Gay> under their name to make it so.
    I'm that guy who enjoys sitting their 6'5" frame in front of little kids in movie theaters.

Really? Are you for real? One of the whole reasons for Lunar Shower is to maintain our level of DPS while we're on the move and not able to cast.
    It's a 3 second buff with max 3 stacks, if it had a longer duration I would agree with you but 3 seconds is nothing in a PvE situation. Put simply you would never be moving enough for it to reach it's maximum potential and considering our DoTs are the main damage causers they should be up at all times anyway. the talent is there for a more PvP situation imo.

I haven't played cataclysm so I don't if it will become more useful at 85 in raids but atm in today's raids there is not one fight that makes us move enough to justify this talent.

Edit: Not to mention that your spec went into solar beam for PvE..... and gale winds which is almost useless in boss fights (although there are situations). This shows me that for someone who runs a moonkin site you're a little slow. I've seen your site too 90% of sites based on a specialized class or spec are bad sources.
    Last edited by Lynix; 2010-10-02 at 01:19 AM.
    "When life gives you lemons, don't make Lemonade! You make life take the lemons back. Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons!" - Cave Johnson

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynix View Post
    It's a 3 second buff with max 3 stacks, if it had a longer duration I would agree with you but 3 seconds is nothing in a PvE situation. Put simply you would never be moving enough for it to reach it's maximum potential and considering our DoTs are the main damage causers they should be up at all times anyway. the talent is there for a more PvP situation imo.

I haven't played cataclysm so I don't if it will become more useful at 85 in raids but atm in today's raids there is not one fight that makes us move enough to justify this talent.
    Have you stepped foot on PTR at all? It's a 3 second buff that stacks and refreshes as you move, so you moonfire, and keep moving and moonfire along the way, this is perfect for so many fights in ICC where there's heavy movement.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Have you stepped foot on PTR at all? It's a 3 second buff that stacks and refreshes as you move, so you moonfire, and keep moving and moonfire along the way, this is perfect for so many fights in ICC where there's heavy movement.
    Heavy movement? Name 1...

And yes I've been testing my dps and am considering making my moonkin my main as it's an enjoyable rotation now. Please do try to justify this terrible talent more it makes me lol.
    "When life gives you lemons, don't make Lemonade! You make life take the lemons back. Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons!" - Cave Johnson

15+ Year Old Account
    Heavy movement? Name 1...

And yes I've been testing my dps and am considering making my moonkin my main as it's an enjoyable rotation now. Please do try to justify this terrible talent more it makes me lol.
    I'm glad you've dabbled in moonkin. I've played one as a main since day one of Burning Crusade. It's not a terrible talent, and the fact that you think it is shows just how much you know about moonkin.

Let's see, where would we use it? I'm looking at heroic fights here, which I realize you have very little experience with.

Marrowgar: Spamming while we run out of fire during spin phase
    Deathwhisper: Spamming while running from ghosts
    Rotface: Running the ooze to the tank, running out of the slime sectors, while running away from the oozes as they blow up
    Festergut: While running to the spores, out of the spores, or out of a malleable goo
    Putricide: While kiting the orange ooze, or while putricide is being repositioned
    Princes: Probably not so much on heroic unless you're kiting a flame orb
    Blood Queen: While you're running in to break the tether, or while running back after fear
    Sindragosa: Phase transitions
    Lich King: While running to reposition on each side, or while running in between throne phases, there's a bunch of places.

Halion: Physical realm: While running away from meteor, while running out with combustion. Shadow realm: While running out with soul consumption or while running from twilight cutters.

Is that enough examples for you?
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

I'm glad you've dabbled in moonkin. I've played one as a main since day one of Burning Crusade. It's not a terrible talent, and the fact that you think it is shows just how much you know about moonkin.

Let's see, where would we use it? I'm looking at heroic fights here, which I realize you have very little experience with.

Marrowgar: Spamming while we run out of fire during spin phase
    Deathwhisper: Spamming while running from ghosts
    Rotface: Running the ooze to the tank, running out of the slime sectors, while running away from the oozes as they blow up
    Festergut: While running to the spores, out of the spores, or out of a malleable goo
    Putricide: While kiting the orange ooze, or while putricide is being repositioned
    Princes: Probably not so much on heroic unless you're kiting a flame orb
    Blood Queen: While you're running in to break the tether, or while running back after fear
    Sindragosa: Phase transitions
    Lich King: While running to reposition on each side, or while running in between throne phases, there's a bunch of places.

Halion: Physical realm: While running away from meteor, while running out with combustion. Shadow realm: While running out with soul consumption or while running from twilight cutters.

Is that enough examples for you?
    While your examples are good and do slightly justify the talent they do not justify it enough to take 3/3 (or was it 2.. I cant remember) of it. Most of your movement examples can be rectified by a better strat. Before you get on the 'haven't experienced heroic modes' bandwagon most of these examples (besides deathwhisper) are applicable in 10 man heroic as well which I have done a large amount of (I don't raid 25s due to my computer not being up to scratch for the past year and before that I had a DK main not listed on my sig) heroic modes. Keep in mind that most 25 encounters have the same as 10 man encounters in the ways of abilities.

Also the buff only effects Moonfire and has no effect on Sunfire from what I can tell by reading it... correct me if I'm wrong there because I may very well be. If it is how I think it is then it makes you shit outta luck when it comes to a solar eclipse.

So to counter your examples...
    Marrowgar: If using the correct strat there is little need for movement out of the flame and it should only happen occasionally.
    Deathwhisper: The ghosts last a max of about 8 seconds or something which could justify the talent if you are not on a solar eclipse in which case it will be a Sunfire and will not be effected by the buff.
    Rotface: The talent can be justified here this is probably the worst fight for moving.
    Festergut: Once again you are not running often enough to justify it, You need to remember that it's only a 3 second buff so once you stop you can consider it gone.
    Blood Queen: Your first example is decent, but if you have a competent Priest or 2 in the group you shouldn't even get feared.
    Sindy: Unless you are very short on dps phase transitions shouldn't be an issue and the time should be used to be in position before targets are marked.
    LK: Well every talent is useful here so meh lol

Halion: this isn't a raid it's a joke =)

15+ Year Old Account
    While your examples are good and do slightly justify the talent they do not justify it enough to take 3/3 (or was it 2.. I cant remember) of it. Most of your movement examples can be rectified by a better strat. Before you get on the 'haven't experienced heroic modes' bandwagon most of these examples (besides deathwhisper) are applicable in 10 man heroic as well which I have done a large amount of (I don't raid 25s due to my computer not being up to scratch for the past year and before that I had a DK main not listed on my sig) heroic modes. Keep in mind that most 25 encounters have the same as 10 man encounters in the ways of abilities.

Also the buff only effects Moonfire and has no effect on Sunfire from what I can tell by reading it... correct me if I'm wrong there because I may very well be. If it is how I think it is then it makes you shit outta luck when it comes to a solar eclipse.

So to counter your examples...
    Marrowgar: If using the correct strat there is little need for movement out of the flame and it should only happen occasionally.
    Deathwhisper: The ghosts last a max of about 8 seconds or something which could justify the talent if you are not on a solar eclipse in which case it will be a Sunfire and will not be effected by the buff.
    Rotface: The talent can be justified here this is probably the worst fight for moving.
    Festergut: Once again you are not running often enough to justify it, You need to remember that it's only a 3 second buff so once you stop you can consider it gone.
    Blood Queen: Your first example is decent, but if you have a competent Priest or 2 in the group you shouldn't even get feared.
    Sindy: Unless you are very short on dps phase transitions shouldn't be an issue and the time should be used to be in position before targets are marked.

Halion: this isn't a raid it's a joke =)
    First off, it buffs Sunfire. Everything that buffs Moonfire buffs Sunfire.
    Second off, I'm not trying to flame, and I don't know any other way of putting this besides: You're just plain wrong.

I don't seem to think you understand how this buff works. You continue to spam moonfire as you're moving, the buff is for DURING movement, not after the move. Moonfire/Sunfire crit for over 10K with it. In fact, I can pull >10K dps in Solar Eclipse, just using Starfall, Insect Swarm, and spamming Sunfire.

Halion: Have you tried it on Heroic?

The whole point of Lunar shower is to close the gap that moonkin have when we're on the move. It does insane amounts of damage and causes moonfire to cost 6 mana. On trash packs I've stopped hurricaning, I just starfall and run around and DoT everything up under Solar Eclipse, as it buffs both DoTs.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

The buff from that talent effects both moonfire and sunfire from what I understand, yes? Either way taking it is better than owlkin frenzy after the stealth nerf it was given a while back, unless you're only doing reg modes and your raid lets you stand in one place on every fight or something. Trust me, as a moonkin on any fight you have to move for any amount of time whatsoever that talent is going to be a godsend. Spamming moonfire as a legitimate tactic ftw <_<

Pretty much everything that affects Moonfire also affects Sunfire. With the exception of school damage buffs, which is the whole point of the talent.

I don't seem to think you understand how this buff works. You continue to spam moonfire as you're moving, the buff is for DURING movement, not after the move. Moonfire/Sunfire crit for over 10K with it. In fact, I can pull >10K dps in Solar Eclipse, just using Starfall, Insect Swarm, and spamming Sunfire.

Halion: Have you tried it on Heroic?

Halion: Yes, not that hard. I was healing and it's pretty straight forward but our dps were horrid in P3 and caused the fight to go on way too long thus I haven't downed it.

I understand how it works you sped.

10k isn't hard lol, anyone in 251s can maintain that and if they cant then they should probably learn their class. If what your saying is true then what need do I have to cast anything other then moonfire? I might as well run around like a sped spamming moonfire and starsurge on a shooting stars proc. If it really is as good as you claim then prepare for nerfing. I for one wont be specing into this terrible talent it's a complete waste of 3 points and a very obvious pvp talent.

I think this is probably the best viable option at level 80. You will need Dreamstate, as mana regen is completely different then it is now.

http://wowtal.com/#k=15tyUwaC.a2y.druid

You'll want Glyph of Starsurge, Moonfire, Insect Swarm, and to reforge extra spirit / hit to haste.
    i would not take glyph of moonfire...glyph of wrath is better a lot.

I know it's not "current end game raid content" and likely won't be other fights too much like it (although I thought it was fun), but Heigan sounds like it'd be a good fight for this talent. Most fights are not just stand and nuke style fights though, so taking this talent sounds like a good idea so far, as it looks decent.

A little off topic but Lynix, you really don't need to be so rude and confrontational. You were proven wrong that there is plenty of movement in enough of the fights that would justify a talent such as this (assuming proper tuning) yet you come back and keep trying to insult and prove you're right. Get over it already.

@Your last post. Yes Halion "isn't hard" yet you haven't downed it cause "the dps was horrid". You think maybe it is actually "a little hard" to keep moving and keep up your dps? Not to mention the fact that p3 requires quite a lot of movement, doesn't that again prove this talent to be worth something? I mean if you're not moving ~half the time in p3 you're dead.

"...and it should only happen occasionally", Wow, wait, have you even been in 25man HC mode? Oh, sorry you had not, nvm...

Do not forget the fact that you have to run from green thingy on the ground, run around to help on adds and then run from ghosts that does kill you and many others in 25man HC.
    Indeed it is, tho you can be lucky with (or should I say, without?) oozes and can easy mova alot less if you know how to possition on the green pools.

Spores, alot of running.
    Marble goo is so nice to hit by either if I'm right.

This is actually one of the fights where you run the least in my opinion, I usually have fearward on and mass dispells quite many, remember that mass dispell doesn't cowwer the whole room and you'll have to run in possition either way.

"Meh, it's usfull here, but what ever, esiest fight in the whole ICC, amarite?

Anyways, I do not understand why some of you have points in Furor instead of maxing Heart of the Wild?
    Remember that int will be our source for spell power in cata.
    http://wowtal.com/#k=vfo8cuWG.a2y.druid Is quite much how I would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by gfodee View Post
    No, Moonfire is better. Sure, it doesn't look like it, but remember that you only use wrath 50% of the time, while Moon-/Sunfire are pretty much always up.
    [...]
    Have you ever actually done ICC Heroic as a caster? I don't think so.
    Or Halion, for that matter. He's a joke on normal, but not so much on heroic.

Also remember that 25 mans are generally harder than your 10 mans.
    And i guarantee you that no Moonkin kann consistently do 10k while running right now, 251s or better.
    If i get unlucky i can't even pull 10k while standing and there's nothing i can do about it, which is why i like the new eclipse a lot more.

Your petty little healer PoV doesn't allow you to analyze the fights for casters. They have different priorities then you do.
    Last edited by huth; 2010-10-02 at 03:12 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gfodee View Post
    As others have said, Glyph of Wrath is not better because you're only using it during half of your Eclipse. Glyph of Moonfire is always going to be active because it affects Sunfire and has pretty much a 100% uptime.

---------- Post added 2010-10-02 at 04:01 PM ----------

Halion: Yes, not that hard. I was healing and it's pretty straight forward but our dps were horrid in P3 and caused the fight to go on way too long thus I haven't downed it.

I understand how it works you sped.

10k isn't hard lol, anyone in 251s can maintain that and if they cant then they should probably learn their class. If what your saying is true then what need do I have to cast anything other then moonfire? I might as well run around like a sped spamming moonfire and starsurge on a shooting stars proc. If it really is as good as you claim then prepare for nerfing. I for one wont be specing into this terrible talent it's a complete waste of 3 points and a very obvious pvp talent.
    As all the posts above this one pretty much clearly sum up, and they come from end game raiding balance druids, not "balance druid alts", you're pretty much the only person in existence who thinks this is a PvP only talent. If you want to make your druid your main you might want to start actually listening to actual balance druids.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre