What I've gathered from Ret PvP on the PTR.

I'm a 2100 ret on live, so I'm not the greatest but I certainly know my class as far as PvP goes.

So I was curious to see what Ret was like on the PTR. I was really excited because I was hoping it might have taken a turn for the better. So I downloaded it and installed it, copied my full wrathful ret over to try it out. I went to Durotar.... and.... here's what I've gathered.

1. You die.

2. You die some more.

3. You continue to die.

4. You die more.

I think I dueled maybe 15 or so decent players. Out of the 15 I think I beat 3... 2 mage's and a warlock because I had wings up and I interrupted them fairly well >.>

Everything else just globaled me. I mean, it was really weird playing Ret because it's basically like playing a whole new class... But still.

Warriors - I only dueled one warrior, he had t2 wep and full wrathful, and after he threw me to the ground I was basically dead. I don't think I was able to hit him until I was around 50%.

Death Knights - I wasn't able to get them below 95%? lol

Rogues - I threw up sword and board, shield wall, and cleansed poisons and still lost.

Druids - Dueled one boomkin, he stealthed and opened with roots... I freedom'd and by the time I almost got to him I was dead. I wasn't going to waste repentance.

Hunters - Dueled a BM hunter and his pet hit me for 20k? Not entirely sure.

Everyone on the PTR is so offended too, lol. I said "your pet just hit me for 20k???" and he told me to stop qq'ing.

I'm not QQ'ing... Well, maybe I am. But I'm just overall disappointed that this is what Ret is right now. I understand it's a beta, and I understand that we still have another 2 weeks before it goes live. But if Ret goes live like this.... Oh man.

I was told to try Prot.. But I really don't like Prot. I like Ret, and I always have.

I'm probably going to get trolled and stuff, but hopefully other people have their 2 cents to put in as well.

It's the opposite from Wotlk launch. Rets were devastatingly powerful when the pre-patch hit at the very end of BC.

It happens. I was a warrior during the Wotlk pre-patch and had my ass handed to me by paladins who bubbled and autoattacked me to death in the duration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by decyphier View Post
    Rogues - I threw up sword and board, shield wall, and cleansed poisons and still lost.
    Confused as to how you do that on a paladin ret
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanzel View Post
    It's the opposite from Wotlk launch. Rets were devastatingly powerful when the pre-patch hit at the very end of BC.

It happens. I was a warrior during the Wotlk pre-patch and had my ass handed to me by paladins who bubbled and autoattacked me to death in the duration.
    Lol, it's true. And I feel your pain...

I just seriously hope they don't out us live like that. I just logged off.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Confused as to how you do that on a paladin ret
    Because rogues hit so hard without you having sacred shield... I just use my sword/shield macro and duel them with a sword and shield. I also use Divine Protection... because it's a 50% DR... which helps when you DON'T have sacred shield.

And cleansing poisons = my word of glory saving me for 3 more seconds.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khronical View Post
    Welcome to the world of arms warriors. Now you have 2 choices for pvp:
    1. never step outside the arena
    2. spec prot

You don't like protection ? Tough!
    hes right lol

least fury/arms warrior can press more than one button, hell if they stand still they generate "rage"

if rogues dance they generate energy

Paladins, we have two finite sources now, mana and the shitty holy power. Get holy power by spamming crusader strike (all ret paladins will have full haste cap because of this).

We're one button spammers until we're "useful" even then that's highly dubious but it is "balanced" *cough blizzard bullshit cough* for level 85's.

so we'll see then....

10+ Year Old Account
    *World's Smallest Violin*

Well it's ptr it'll balance out at 85 hopefully.
    s5-2.4k s6-2.2k s7-2k s8-2.1k
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yybvdzSgUQ4 Haters man...

Thank Jesus you guys are getting your asses ripped off.

Sounds like some...
    *sunglasses*
    Retribution

Deleted
    well apart fro mthe other classed you named warriors are almost "fine" concerning numbers compoared to the ridiculous numbers the pure dd classes can pull now. anyway pvp sucks right now on ptr, dont bother to do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pikatrap View Post
    sounds like some...
    *sunglasses*
    retribution
    yeaaaah!

15+ Year Old Account
    the ptr is NOT BALANCED, all the new things are either in the process of being balanced (emphasis on TEST realm) or balanced around everyone being level 85. it is useless as a basis for anything and your post just comes off as QQ.